I think we need some posters to volunteer to monitor any unfairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think more transparancy regarding mod actions would be of benefit to everyone.

We all make mistakes and of course the moderators deserve more recognition for all their unpaid efforts to keep the board on the right track.

In the final analysis this is a message board and anyone with much experience understands that it is the moderators who either make or break a board.

Even the police have other police monitor them...usually called internal affairs.

And they still get away with murder.

I could get away with murder, I have perfect teeth and incredible personal charm :smoke:
Fake news. We pick a gay Jew over you.

Whilst, they would have no power I think it might wake up some of the powers that be to a lot of things that go unseen and unnoticed.

Such a group would be able to shine some light into some dark corners of unfairness on here.

That would be a plus for the board right? How could anyone be against that?
We already have such a group. They're called moderators.

Whilst, they would have no power I think it might wake up some of the powers that be to a lot of things that go unseen and unnoticed.

Such a group would be able to shine some light into some dark corners of unfairness on here.

We already have such a group. They're called moderators.

Unfortunately that is like the police ....policing the police.

We need an independent group not beholden to the powers that be and one that posters who believe they have been unfairly treated could appeal to.

As it is now the only recourse is to appeal to the moderator who you think mistreated you....what kind of nonsense is that?

To make it even simpler..........I envision a system when an infraction is issued....or a action taken....moving a thread etc. that the particular moderator doing that have to identify themselves and explain why they take some kind of action or issued a infraction.

Then if the poster that is cited with an infraction should have a independent panel of 2 or 3 volunteers who he could appeal to and they would have the right to review whatever took place and determine whether the action taken was correct.

We have to face reality ....everyone is biased in some shape or form...including moderators. Some more so some less.

Thus a system that includes a panel of review would thus tend to be more fair than the system we now have that gives too much power to moderators.

Not even to mention that in many cases it is not even known which moderator took the action.

Thus it is a very simple fix to a big problem....2 or 3 appellate judges so to speak...not complicated at all.

Of course the real test would be if 2 or 3 posters could be found that are not terribly biased. I am not saying it would be a perfect fix...just an improvement.

Last edited:
I will admit that I have had issues with the idea that we can't discuss some actions by the mods. But that is more due to my nature than to any actual issue with what the mods have done.

The mods have been polite to me, even when I caused a problem. I know the rules. In order to stay here, I accept them. And the rules are much more lax than many other political debate/discussion sites. I obviously like it here.

I'm not sure what issues the OP is talking about. But I am of the opinion "If it works, don't fix it". And this place works pretty well.

I can do that. no need for further applican'ts.

I say mod nothing except if it breaks the law.. left wing mods will silence the opposition, they will say well “we’re going to lose members if we allow “attacks” lol your morons definition of attack is and abomination to free speech.

I say mod nothing except if it breaks the law.. left wing mods will silence the opposition, they will say well “we’re going to lose members if we allow “attacks” lol your morons definition of attack is and abomination to free speech.

Read the rules and follow them. Otherwise, accept the decisions of the mods.

Hey the communist speaks! Real Americans Speak freely and will never cower time the mob. Enjoy your time Stalin haha

Hey the communist speaks! Real Americans Speak freely and will never cower time the mob. Enjoy your time Stalin haha

Free speech is great! But this is a privately owned web site. You are not guaranteed to be able to verbally attack people, especially with baseless bullshit. Deal with it.

The point of this site is to be able to discuss and debate issues. Not to make proclamations and denigrate/attack anyone who disagree with you by calling them names.

Ok, Jitsie, let me offer you a simple challenge.

Explain why you call me a communist. YOu have done it repeatedly. If it is not just name-calling, give me valid reasons you insist I am a communist.

Explain why you call me a communist. YOu have done it repeatedly. If it is not just name-calling, give me valid reasons you insist I am a communist.
See above.. wow.. anyone that defends censorship the way you do wants control of human beings. Power is addictive to some people I don’t want it. Maybe it’s in your blood it’s not in mine let freedom reign I will die for it.
You speak of censorship with romance .. Absolutely disgusting

See above.. wow.. anyone that defend censorship the way you do wants control of human beings. Power is addictive to some people I don’t want it. Maybe it’s in your blood it’s not in mine let freedom reign I will die for it.

I defend people right to do what they choose to do with their own property. You are welcome to stand on a street corner and say anything you want. But someone purchases the bandwidth and the technology to provide this web site. You pay nothing. Yet you want to tell them what they can and cannot do with their property.

And what censorship? They deny you the "right" to harass people? They deny you the "right" to lie? You have no argument. This is private property, and you can follow the rules of the people who own and run the property, or you can face the consequences.

If you are calling me a communist because I believe in the rights of private property and the right of the owners of private property to do with it as they see fit (within reason), then you need to educate yourself on what a "communist" really is.

See above.. wow.. anyone that defend censorship the way you do wants control of human beings. Power is addictive to some people I don’t want it. Maybe it’s in your blood it’s not in mine let freedom reign I will die for it.

I defend people right to do what they choose to do with their own property. You are welcome to stand on a street corner and say anything you want. But someone purchases the bandwidth and the technology to provide this web site. You pay nothing. Yet you want to tell them what they can and cannot do with their property.

And what censorship? They deny you the "right" to harass people? They deny you the "right" to lie? You have no argument. This is private property, and you can follow the rules of the people who own and run the property, or you can face the consequences.

If you are calling me a communist because I believe in the rights of private property and the right of the owners of private property to do with it as they see fit (within reason), then you need to educate yourself on what a "communist" really is.
I’m not gonna debate with you for your romance of censorship I’m against it you’re not.. I agree to disagree on censorship and I think your fallacies about what Is said on this board is extreme. And not engaging. I just say way when freedom comes your way accept your fate.

I’m not gonna debate with you for your romance of censorship I’m against it you’re not.. I agree to disagree on censorship and I think your fallacies about what Is said on this board is extreme. And not engaging. I just say way when freedom comes your way accept your fate.

How about if someone decides they want to go on some Christian tv show and talk about Hinduism? Are the Christians censoring them? Are they prohibiting their free speech? No. They own the station or the program, so they get to decide.

I accept and revel in freedom. I celebrate being able to own property, either real or intellectual. If you don't like the rules here, buy your own equipment annd start your own site.

I understand that you do not want to debate this. You have no argument.

How about if someone decides they want to go on some Christian tv show and talk about Hinduism? Are the Christians censoring them? Are they prohibiting their free speech? No. They own the station or the program, so they get to decide.

I accept and revel in freedom. I celebrate being able to own property, either real or intellectual. If you don't like the rules here, buy your own equipment annd start your own site.

I’m not debating censorship with a communist take a hike you fucking loser

I see that you disagree with privately owned property. Sounds very much like a communist ideal to me.

I will stay where I choose to stay, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. If you don't want to debate, go find a site where personal attacks and harassment are encouraged.

I see that you disagree with privately owned property. Sounds very much like a communist ideal to me.

I will stay where I choose to stay, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. If you don't want to debate, go find a site where personal attacks and harassment are encouraged.
Ok turn down the propaganda machine lol. Anti free speech anti second amendment. Bad combination

Ok turn down the propaganda machine lol. Anti free speech anti second amendment. Bad combination

No propaganda. Just facts about private property that you want to ignore. You obviously have no respect for someone owning property and making their own choice about how it is run.

I am a firm supporter of both free speech and the 2nd amendment. Statements to the contrary are lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back