I think it's time to call Texas on their bluff

Texas has been threatening to secede for decades now. and I say it's time to let them.....

On a few conditions....
1; The Texas government has to buy the properties of any US citizens who do not wish to secede at fair market value +10% (same rate as required under eminent domain in many states), cover 100% of moving costs, and cover all fees and taxes on the houses that the people buy in their new states.

2; Texas will NOT be allowed into NAFTA, nor any other free trade agree with the United States for a period of no less than 10 years.

3; The United States will NOT give any type of financial or economic aid to Texas. Loans will be allowed, but will have the requirement that they be paid back with 10% interest.

4; Texas must repay any unpaid loans it has received from the federal government. Refusal will result in Texas being barred from trade with the US.

5; Texas may not, under any circumstances, drill for oil in US waters. Any attempt to do this will result in harsh economic sanctions.

7; Texas citizens will be required to have passports and visas in order to enter the United States.
And they would have to agree with this or… what exactly? Where’s your threat?

This reminds me of 1900 when the coal barons thought they would rule the energy market forever. Today oil and gas is where coal was in 1900 but wait there is a challenger today just as there was then. Renewable Energy has grown 42% between between 2010 and 2020 and that rate is now increasing exponentially. By the end of this century oil and gas will be a secondary energy source. Even if the world turns away from renewables, global warming will reduce demand for all energy sources in the 22nd century as global warming disrupts the economies of the world. Either way oil and gas over the long term will be a loser.
42% increase? You realize a 42% increase to a simple number like one percent is only 1.42%? You should have studied harder in math!

Texas has been threatening to secede for decades now. and I say it's time to let them.....

On a few conditions....
1; The Texas government has to buy the properties of any US citizens who do not wish to secede at fair market value +10% (same rate as required under eminent domain in many states), cover 100% of moving costs, and cover all fees and taxes on the houses that the people buy in their new states.

2; Texas will NOT be allowed into NAFTA, nor any other free trade agree with the United States for a period of no less than 10 years.

3; The United States will NOT give any type of financial or economic aid to Texas. Loans will be allowed, but will have the requirement that they be paid back with 10% interest.

4; Texas must repay any unpaid loans it has received from the federal government. Refusal will result in Texas being barred from trade with the US.

5; Texas may not, under any circumstances, drill for oil in US waters. Any attempt to do this will result in harsh economic sanctions.

7; Texas citizens will be required to have passports and visas in order to enter the United States.

It would be less expensive just to buy the federal government.

The voters are the ones who want to secede, numskull. The business community will do nothing.
ropey.jpg

I don't know if you deserve that. You better say shit to deserve it!!!

Forum List

Back