Texas closer to seceding

Partisanship has always been in Texas more important the our basic optimism and founding principles.

It is the worst state for management hating labor.

Texans are not happy with the federal government. The movement has been there a while, but now they appear to be gaining more steam. Sure would be embarrassing for Biden if Texas were to secede while he was president.

---TEXIT the movement calling for a secession of Texas from the United States, has slowly picked up steam---

Biden forced this issue on Texas, no one else did since 1776.

Texans are not happy with the federal government. The movement has been there a while, but now they appear to be gaining more steam. Sure would be embarrassing for Biden if Texas were to secede while he was president.

---TEXIT the movement calling for a secession of Texas from the United States, has slowly picked up steam---

It would be great. 41 EVs gonzo for the GOP.

Let us know if they need any help packing.

It is a poignant reminder that the north ended reconstruction WAYYYYYY too soon. After the next civil war, we need to wait about 150 years before allowing the conquered, disgraced, and smelly confederates back into the nation. We can still harvest their resources, fish the waters, perhaps turn a few of the states into a landfill but they don’t get State’s rights back until they are prostrate.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery without buying a ticket than Texas does of succeeding
Lenny:

1711345061505.gif

Do they want Texit or Textits?

Well they can secede if congress approves it. I say we let them. On the condition that every person who claims texas citizenship is construed as to be renouncing US citizenship And that we don't give them any type of military or financial aid in the future.

That way we never have to let them back in.

“Texas closer to seceding”

lol

No, it’s not.

Texas isn’t going anywhere.

Well they can secede if congress approves it. I say we let them. On the condition that every person who claims texas citizenship is construed as to be renouncing US citizenship And that we don't give them any type of military or financial aid in the future.

That way we never have to let them back in.
And they forfeit SS and federal pensions.

Agreed.

I believe there was a SCOTUS ruling AFTER the civil war, that no state can secede w/o leave of the Federal Government and all the other states, or w/o violent revolt and fighting their way out.

So a Texas referendum and vote on it would be worth as much as the paper it is on. . nothing.
Well philosophically speaking, a state angry/dissatisfied enough with the USA to actually secede isn't interested in following U.S. law at that point. I'm pretty sure a Texas that seceded would form its own government founded closely on the Constitution the Founders intended but might add some additional clauses to make it more difficult for bad actors to misinterpret it. Texas as its own country would likely be a good ally and responsible trading partner for the USA.

But then again, if California seceded, the government they likely would form would be Cube #2. And that is another very long border for us to have to defend from migrant invasions. :)

Well philosophically speaking, a state angry/dissatisfied enough with the USA to actually secede isn't interested in following U.S. law at that point. I'm pretty sure a Texas that seceded would form its own government founded closely on the Constitution the Founders intended but might add some additional clauses to make it more difficult for bad actors to misinterpret it. Texas as its own country would likely be a good ally and responsible trading partner for the USA.

But then again, if California seceded, the government they likely would form would be Cube #2. And that is another very long border for us to have to defend from migrant invasions. :)
I don't disagree with that, but it still means rebellion and war.

It is not materially different than Crimea or the folks in the Donbas region telling the central government in Kyiv, that they are not respecting their sovereign rights, thus, consequently rebelling against the national government for their liberty.

For the past several years, I have done some reading, as to why the UN does not respect their right to secede, when it looks like those folks clearly want to just have their sovereign rights as well? Global ruling oligarchs tend to be hypocrites when a local population votes for liberty. . TBH. These issues usually come down to resources, taxes and control., TBH.

1711390917403.png

Right to Self-Determination Under International Law​

United Nations Charter (full text)​

1711390968643.png

Forum List

Back