Texas closer to seceding

. . . IMO? Most sober, rational folks, can clearly see, the government in D.C. is not respecting the sovereign rights of the citizens of Texas, nor doing its duty by them.

No argument here.

I don't disagree with that, but it still means rebellion and war.

It is not materially different than Crimea or the folks in the Donbas region telling the central government in Kyiv, that they are not respecting their sovereign rights, thus, consequently rebelling against the national government for their liberty.

For the past several years, I have done some reading, as to why the UN does not respect their right to secede, when it looks like those folks clearly want to just have their sovereign rights as well? Global ruling oligarchs tend to be hypocrites when a local population votes for liberty. . TBH. These issues usually come down to resources, taxes and control., TBH.

View attachment 922224

Right to Self-Determination Under International Law​

United Nations Charter (full text)​

View attachment 922225
My post on this topic are mostly philosophical since Texas isn't going to secede or even try to secede. It's just interesting to me to think about the 'what if's' that the topic generates.

Texans are getting angrier each day. Each day they are getting closer to seceding.
The survey, conducted by Redfield & Wilton Strategies, asked 814 eligible voters in Texas whether they would support the state leaving the American Union to become an independent country and how they would vote in a hypothetical secessionist referendum on this question. Overall, 39 percent were against secession, 33 percent supported it, while the rest neither supported nor opposed it or were unsure. However, in a hypothetical referendum, 67 percent would vote for Texas to remain a state within the United States.

Forum List

Back