Texas closer to seceding

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Texans are not happy with the federal government. The movement has been there a while, but now they appear to be gaining more steam. Sure would be embarrassing for Biden if Texas were to secede while he was president.

---TEXIT the movement calling for a secession of Texas from the United States, has slowly picked up steam---

Yeah, wake me up if that happens. I want to fund building a wall around it....at least the western half anyway. :)...and Amarillo....it's just..the..worst...:auiqs.jpg:

What makes this thread hilarious is the idea that the OP actually thinks there is a realistic chance Texas can secede before the November election. I'm laughing as I am typing this.

You too.

Nobody is bleeding.

Texans are not happy with the federal government. The movement has been there a while, but now they appear to be gaining more steam. Sure would be embarrassing for Biden if Texas were to secede while he was president.

---TEXIT the movement calling for a secession of Texas from the United States, has slowly picked up steam---

Won't happen of course and I can't imagine it would even make it onto the ballot. But it is an interesting concept to think about. Texas is one of the few states that is pretty much self sustaining. And unlike the original Republic of Texas it now has a stable government and sufficient resources to really make it as its own country.

The problem would be with a shooting war with the USA who would no doubt object to the succession and whether the military would be willing to shoot their former countrymen. And there is the sticky negotiations on compensation to the USA for federal installations in Texas, i.e. more than a dozen military bases, NASA, interstate highways etc,

But given that the current administration is forcing Texas to take the brunt of a massive illegal immigration of millions of people from dozens of other countries, many who are really very bad actors, you can hardly blame Texas for thinking about it.

I have heard this has been gaining steam over the last few years, and the relationship between the Federal and State governments at the moment is pretty intense so...

Won't happen of course and I can't imagine it would even make it onto the ballot. But it is an interesting concept to think about. Texas is one of the few states that is pretty much self sustaining. And unlike the original Republic of Texas it now has a stable government and sufficient resources to really make it as its own country.

The problem would be with a shooting war with the USA who would no doubt object to the succession and whether the military would be willing to shoot their former countrymen. And there is the sticky negotiations on compensation to the USA for federal installations in Texas, i.e. more than a dozen military bases, NASA, interstate highways etc,

But given that the current administration is forcing Texas to take the brunt of a massive illegal immigration of millions of people from dozens of other countries, many who are really very bad actors, you can hardly blame Texas for thinking about it.
Agreed.

I believe there was a SCOTUS ruling AFTER the civil war, that no state can secede w/o leave of the Federal Government and all the other states, or w/o violent revolt and fighting their way out.

So a Texas referendum and vote on it would be worth as much as the paper it is on. . nothing.

Agreed.

I believe there was a SCOTUS ruling AFTER the civil war, that no state can secede w/o leave of the Federal Government and all the other states, or w/o violent revolt and fighting their way out.

So a Texas referendum and vote on it would be worth as much as the paper it is on. . nothing.
It would make a hell of a statement, even if it was a toothless one.

You are a mental patient. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back