I tested positive for COVID-19

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

When did you develop the symptoms? How long until you were proclaimed "recovered"?
March 22nd or so. And got the MD note on April 7th. I started feeling like myself on April 5th or so. During the last week I felt like sleeping 15 hours per day. But it was less fatigue and more a hangover type feeling.

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Your damn lucky.

I have CHF and if I catch it the fluid in my lungs makes it a death sentence for me. I'm hoping for an early vaccine so I can get on with life.

Glad to hear you beat it! What I understand is it is just like a cold in terms of immunity. You probably are immune for a few months to a year but just like a bad cold you could get it again (God forbid) next year.
My Doctor's note says: "foreseeable future"...so possible it comes back as COVID-20 and gets me again!

Glad to hear you are fine. Infection rates are going up in my county. Doing all I can to keep my social distance.

I feel like someone punched me in the chest but it didn't impact my breathing. I can see how it could though.

Glad to hear you are fine.
Thank you. Not sure you mean it but if you do, thank you very much.
Yes I do. Because I may disagree with someone occasionally on a message board does not mean I wish them ill health in any way. We all have family and friends that we care for and care for us. Political discussion is just that and I very rarely let it get to me after I log off no matter how intense any discussion may be.

Glad to hear you are fine.
Thank you. Not sure you mean it but if you do, thank you very much.
Yes I do. Because I may disagree with someone occasionally on a message board does not mean I wish them ill health in any way. We all have family and friends that we care for and care for us. Political discussion is just that and I very rarely let it get to me after I log off no matter how intense any discussion may be.
Same here, John. You know we go back and forth sometimes on these threads, but I would never wish ill health on you or anyone else that posts on this site. Thanks for your post.

Glad to hear you've recovered, Azog.

Thanks, I went in initially thinking it was cancer but then my blood work came back fine so the doc had me take the unpleasant COVID test and voila. I never had a fever. I was shocked and yet relieved at the same time.

Thanks, I went in initially thinking it was cancer but then my blood work came back fine so the doc had me take the unpleasant COVID test and voila. I never had a fever. I was shocked and yet relieved at the same time.
Can I borrow a pint of blood/plasma?

Can I borrow a pint of blood/plasma?
Sure. Come to Boston!

Happy to donate. We have to be the same type I believe. Although I am not sure about plasma. I am a finance guy not a doctor.

Forum List

Back