I tested positive for COVID-19

Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.
Then your doctor is an imbecile. They are finding patients being infected with COVID-19 multiple times. It’s a virus. It easily mutates.
Not what he said. My exact note says "immune for the foreseeable future"

Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.
Then your doctor is an imbecile. They are finding patients being infected with COVID-19 multiple times. It’s a virus. It easily mutates.
Also if true then why the talk of antibodies and donating plasma from recovered patients to help others? Please explain.

Also if true then why the talk of antibodies and donating plasma from recovered patients to help others? Please explain.
If you got it a second time, would it be easier to fight off the second time? Seems so.

As far as the common cold, I believe you're immune to that variety for life. The proble is, there are about 200 varieties so as you get them when you are younger, you build up an immunity to each variety. This explains why colds become rare as you get older. I really cant remember the last time I had a cold.

If you got it a second time, would it be easier to fight off the second time? Seems so.

As far as the common cold, I believe you're immune to that variety for life. The proble is, there are about 200 varieties so as you get them when you are younger, you build up an immunity to each variety. This explains why colds become rare as you get older. I really cant remember the last time I had a cold.
I get at least one a year. Bleh.

So glad you beat it AZ!

did your wife and kids have it too, but did not show any symptoms?

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!

So glad you beat it AZ!

Hmmmm....kids are young so if they do they don't have symptoms. My wife had lost her sense of smell and taste for about 10 days but that was it. No other symptoms. Thanks for your kind words.

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

I’d have reminded u of your dismissiveness previously but that’d be really shitty. Good luck man!
Worst is behind me. But honestly I have had the flu before and it was worse than this just not as prolonged.

Yes it would. You're just mad that he didnt get properly hysterical.

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.

My neighbor is over his pretty much. He said his was just a little runny nose. Then he woke up one morning really feeling it. High fever and he sounded raspy. You could hear it in his chest when he just sat there breathin. Was yours that way? Did it seem like a normal sniffle and then one day it felt like you were hit by a train?

So glad you beat it AZ!

Hmmmm....kids are young so if they do they don't have symptoms. My wife had lost her sense of smell and taste for about 10 days but that was it. No other symptoms. Thanks for your kind words.
Was she tested? That is one of the symptoms.

I lost my sense of smell many years ago. I may be patient zero!

My neighbor is over his pretty much. He said his was just a little runny nose. Then he woke up one morning really feeling it. High fever and he sounded raspy. You could hear it in his chest when he just sat there breathin. Was yours that way? Did it seem like a normal sniffle and then one day it felt like you were hit by a train?
yes but not a train but just the need to constantly sleep. Never a fever or a really bad cough. Never had issues breathing.

Oh I’m not doubting you at all. I’m just telling you that your doctor has been out of the loop on COVID-19. Lots of medical journals noting multiple infections.
If that is the case why are we social distancing and waiting for it to go away? Why are cured patients donating plasma? If it is the new common cold should we not just live with it?

Unless you're really old or have a compromised immune system you have a 99.5% chance of beating it.
that's 60 million people, in the USA

that's 60 million people, in the USA
This beast is like the 100 year old purge the Earth does.

So glad you beat it AZ!

Was she tested? That is one of the symptoms.

I lost my sense of smell many years ago. I may be patient zero!
We only do tests in MA if you have severe symptoms because tests are limited. I got in there because of my rapid weight loss. So no, she was not. She is fine and got her senses back recently. I still blame our darn kids who don't have any symptoms but were likely the carriers.

Glad you're OK. Open another one and cheers.

Forum List

Back