I tested positive for COVID-19

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Glad to hear you've recovered, Azog.
Thanks, I went in initially thinking it was cancer but then my blood work came back fine so the doc had me take the unpleasant COVID test and voila. I never had a fever. I was shocked and yet relieved at the same time.
Can I borrow a pint of blood/plasma?
ONLY if you're his TYPE....................(Sorry for the bad pun, it was the best I could come up with on the fly.)

Darn kids and their friends likely as they didn't take the social distancing as seriously as we had hoped. Anyway my symptoms were relatively mild. Some chest pain, no fever but I did drop 15lbs in two weeks. I guess a GI impact is possible but rare. Lucky me. Anyway, all good now. Was tested and have a note from my doctor that I am immune. I will actually be donating plasma on a regular basis.

My question is, would it be possible for the country to reopen such as gyms and bars and allow those who have had it and have a note from their MD that they are immune (notarized) and allow us to reopen many of the businesses? Talk about herd immunity?!

I welcome your thoughts and happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
Thanks, I went in initially thinking it was cancer but then my blood work came back fine so the doc had me take the unpleasant COVID test and voila. I never had a fever. I was shocked and yet relieved at the same time.
Sure. Come to Boston!

Happy to donate. We have to be the same type I believe. Although I am not sure about plasma. I am a finance guy not a doctor.
Just kidding, but plasma can be shared with anybody. Are they encouraging you to donate? Must be worth its weight in gold for the doctors treating patients at greater risk.

Sure. Come to Boston!

Happy to donate. We have to be the same type I believe. Although I am not sure about plasma. I am a finance guy not a doctor.
Your not in Boston stop saying it, glad your ok there killer

Glad you beat it. Agree with you. Folks are tired of the couch. If you one had it and beat it then y'all should be allowed to be a normal human again. Way cool about you donating the plasma.

Sure. Come to Boston!

Your not in Boston stop saying it, glad your ok there killer
LOL --- I am from Brookline but was tested in Medford. Better?

Stay well . Everyone has it. A note so it begins we must obey the gov. parents like good little children isn't that special don't you feel safe now.
But as the sheep have no idea wtf is going on they'll force the vaccine because this is how they make us jump as ordered. We did it over / after 911............
TSA we let them feel our kids up now don't we just to travel on a plane that some 3rd world nation crap hole .. I mean they had so much wealth they could formulate 3 planes right into bldgs. etc all from a cave wow they are really good the FEDS should hire them oh wait they did one worked for the CIA jus tlike Anderson Cooper baahahahaa.

STAY SAFE and it's easy to treat .

1586481482507.png

Congratulations on beating this evil virus. Life is precious.

How ironic, that a pandemic that has killed nearly 100k with many more to come, was actually the POSITIVE diagnosis, as we all know the C word strikes great fear in anyone with good reason.

Is there a moment now that you have the opportunity to reflect back in which you recognized the first symptoms? How about the progression?

Any specific steps you took to address the symptoms before you knew the definitive diagnosis (diet change, take vitamins, medicines etc?)? Did you happen to notice any immediate changes in your condition when doing so?

Thanks for your time.

Just insert the microchip in your right hand or forehead and with the mark you may move about freely within society and buy food and clothing.

Glad you’re feeling better.

Sorry you got it but glad to hear you are doing well. Always welcome your thoughts on the things under discussion on this board. Be safe man.

Just insert the microchip in your right hand or forehead and with the mark you may move about freely within society and buy food and clothing.

Glad you’re feeling better.
Thanks. Maybe a headband? LOL

Approaching 100,000 this week. :(
Less than the annual flu. And the body count will be less as well.

Wow...glad you came through ok!

Approaching 100,000 this week. :(
Less than the annual flu. And the body count will be less as well.
We're talking 100,000 in 2 months, Huckleberry.

Congratulations on beating this evil virus. Life is precious.

How ironic, that a pandemic that has killed nearly 100k with many more to come, was actually the POSITIVE diagnosis, as we all know the C word strikes great fear in anyone with good reason.

Is there a moment now that you have the opportunity to reflect back in which you recognized the first symptoms? How about the progression?

Any specific steps you took to address the symptoms before you knew the definitive diagnosis (diet change, take vitamins, medicines etc?)? Did you happen to notice any immediate changes in your condition when doing so?

Thanks for your time.
#1) Weight loss was rapid and I had no appetite but I didn't have a fever and had cold like symptoms. Not a dry but wet cough. By week 2 when I was down around 12 pounds in ~eight days, I asked my doctor for a blood test. He thought it was hay fever.

#2) When I was down 15 pounds I went to get a blood test on April 4th. I was actually feeling better by then and got some of my appetite back.

#3) Sunday the test comes back negative for anything vile like cancer but he sees other things like low iron although not terribly low and something about white blood cells. He suspects COVID. On Monday I drive to Medford with my name and DOB on my dash. Two docs and a cop dressed like Bobba Fett converge on the car and stick a long swab down my throat. Temp was 98.1 so that was clear.

#4) Got my results on Wed. Positive for COVID. What sucked was the need to always sleep and I had to get up for early work calls as we are all working remotely. But this week I felt fine and getting up was easy so I knew I was better. Was surprised I was positive but 72 hours of no symptoms other than the scar tissue in my chest. Ouch!

Hope this helps.

Forum List

Back