I really thought this was a joke - Bias Response Teams

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Political Correctness is getting more and more bizarre: On a College Campus? Don’t Try to Tell a Joke

In the ongoing and aggressive effort to protect the feelings of our helpless and put-upon college snowflakes, colleges are creating Bias Response Teams (think of them as PC SWAT units) to jump into action when a student reports being offended.

The BRT at the University of Oregon, for example, proudly lists a couple of examples of how it has rushed in to save, at the very last moment, the feelings and self esteem of a couple of tragic victims:

“A student reported that a professor wrote an insulting comment on their online blog,” according to the case files of the BRT at the University of Oregon. “[We] met with the reporter, and a BRT Case Manager held a professional development conversation with the professor.”

In another case, “a student reported that a sign encouraging cleaning up after oneself was sexist. A BRT Manager followed up to ensure the sign was removed.”

A staff member who made a “culturally insensitive remark” was reported to the dean of students.

Below is the flowchart used by the University of Oregon BRT to address the dangerous flood of free expression that is so damaging the psyches of our barely-out-of-diapers children.

From the piece:

Which is not to say that rude and hostile students should live free of consequences. By all means, let their friends and neighbors shame them. It may even be appropriate to teach them to change their views. But the right place for such an undertaking is the classroom, and the correct educational vehicle is the professor. When professors are free to criticize their students, and students are free to defend themselves, a beneficial exchange of ideas can take place. Everybody walks away better informed.

The anti-bias bureaucracies are an entirely different animal, since their authority stems from the university administration itself. Students who are called before a bias tribunal are at an enormous disadvantage, and will feel like their continued enrollment requires deference to the authority figures.

And while some students doubtlessly say some awful things that merit an administrative response, others seem like clear victims of an ideologically -motivated campaign of silencing. A campus where students live in constant fear of becoming the subjects of formal complaints—where everyone is encouraged to collect information on each other and turn it over to the authorities—is not a healthy community. It’s 1984.

Bias%20Response%20Flowchart_zps6s7mzigv.gif~original

Last edited:
...and in the fifties, someone who criticized the West or participated in a peace demonstration was a Communist and could lose his/her job. Yes, there are always excesses to society. That is why an individual needs to be certain of one's self, avoid becoming entangled in meaningless controversy, and then not give a rodents derriere if it happens in spite of one.

What a weird and interesting way to function. Pretty much everyone is there own group and each group demands that everyone respect them.

New concepts and theories are made up all the time in the college environment and I'll say that it I am bias myself as I feel such is weird. But, these people do have iq's of 40 or 60 points higher then mine.

What's the stock value for Kimberly Clark.

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.

That's what happens too.

We spend time trying to protect the feelings of people and we end up raising egg shells. So fragile, so delicate that when they finally get a job and get balled out at work, they come back with a gun and kill people. Then the liberals blame the gun for the problem.

Whatever company hires one of these graduates is going to have their hands full. Just imagine the Human Resource Manager's face when the snowflake asks for a "safe space".

:lol:

What's the stock value for Kimberly Clark.

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.

That's what happens too.

We spend time trying to protect the feelings of people and we end up raising egg shells. So fragile, so delicate that when they finally get a job and get balled out at work, they come back with a gun and kill people. Then the liberals blame the gun for the problem.
Their lives as children are scripted, structured and sterile. Presumably a safe environment, confined to indoor activities. Unimaginative and lacking social interactions other than through social media and video games.

When we were kids we disappeared until the street lights came on. We could walk miles to our favorite fishing and swimming spots. We rode our bikes everywhere.

Kids can't go to the end of the street alone without a neighbor calling the police or CPS.

Is it any wonder why they are like this when they get to College.

Whatever company hires one of these graduates is going to have their hands full. Just imagine the Human Resource Manager's face when the snowflake asks for a "safe space".

:lol:
Imagine when the Managers have to retrain the snowflake because they are incapable of performing the required tasks that they were hired for in the first place.

Then the demand for a safe space takes precedence over performance.

society is dead

not doomed, but dead.

when these, people, hit the adult world and start snitching on adult co-workers for petty shit, they will be fired for the good of the company, and when they try to sue and the lawyer looks at them like they cray cray, so go to another lawyer to sue both, but end up in their safe place crying "I'm not cray cray...."

no one will work b/c it's better to build a machine to do it than hire people like this.

Imagine some of these kids being air traffic controllers.

Or maybe this thread is just the normal response of folks that get old. I can remember my generation being put down by the "greatest generation" for many of the same things listed in this thread. Yet, my generation fought one of the more vicious and longest war the US ever waged.

Imagine some of these kids being air traffic controllers.

Or maybe this thread is just the normal response of folks that get old. I can remember my generation being put down by the "greatest generation" for many of the same things listed in this thread. Yet, my generation fought one of the more vicious and longest war the US ever waged.
I would hope that this is a passing phase, but the groupthink mentality is leading to the deterioration of individual creativity and personal responsibility.

We are not teaching them critical thinking and independence.

Forum List

Back