I really think a lot of kids are not getting the moral upbringing that would make them successful

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I may be out of touch but when I was a kid morality was always inserted into everything we did. I'm not saying we were all saints but everywhere I turned right and wrong was enforced for us. There were always something there that stated the proper way to act and behave around others. It seems like now that that isn't there for young people anymore and they have to grow up in a world where they don't have any moral foundation in their lives. It isn't like they are choosing a different morality but it is more like there is a complete absence of morality in their lives. I really feel that if a person strives to be a moral person to the best of their ability that they would just do better in life. You are less likely to engage in violence, theft, and may work for things in your life.

Thats what we get for taking prayer, God out of schools. We need to mandate Bible readings again like in the good old days. These spoiled brats need discipline also. A spanking or a beating oughtta set em straight.

• Banned
Thats what we get for taking prayer, God out of schools. We need to mandate Bible readings again like in the good old days. These spoiled brats need discipline also. A spanking or a beating oughtta set em straight.

I don't think timely beatings is the solution for our problems. I didn't read the bible to much in school but morality came from secular sources such as popular television and movies. Most kids movies were predicated on a moral story and I don't see that anymore. I really think people might be afraid to bring it up since they might get accused of being conservative or they are pushing their lives onto others type of bull.

Was it really about religion?

I always assumed it was racial.

Was it really about religion?

I always assumed it was racial.
we allready know that negroes dont have morals. if they did they woodnt be stealing & killing cops and then having those stupid protests saying 'black lives matter' GUESS WHAT ALL LIVES MATTER. just shows how inferior they are and they still wonder why 'racism' exists.

their are NO morals without God. If u didnt have God u didnt have morals. plain&simple

That is nonsense. I know plenty of atheists who are very moral. I know a number of buddhists that are among the most moral people I know. Morality is not confined to Christians.

their are NO morals without God. If u didnt have God u didnt have morals. plain&simple

That is nonsense. I know plenty of atheists who are very moral. I know a number of buddhists that are among the most moral people I know. Morality is not confined to Christians.
Aethiests and buddists dont have a God to tell them write from wrong. They dont have consequences of choices they make. Their is not bases of morality 4 them 2 abide. This is simple logic. thus Aethiests and buddists are not moral.

Aethiests and buddists dont have a God to tell them write from wrong. They dont have consequences of choices they make. Their is not bases of morality 4 them 2 abide. This is simple logic. thus Aethiests and buddists are not moral.

Atheists and buddhists do not do what they do out of fear of Hell. They do it because it is the right thing to do. THAT is morality. Doing the right thing because you are afraid of the consequences if you don't is not morality.

tumblr_o0s4zkVh3n1snesgno1_1280.jpg

I wasn't referring to a lack of religion. That is another issue but morality was enforced by plenty of non-religious sources. An example is if a kid said a curse word. It wasn't uncommon for a strange adult to tell him he can't say that or tell his parents. A child growing up wasn't exposed to temptation because the community of adults around him didn't allow it to happen.

Atheists and buddhists do not do what they do out of fear of Hell. They do it because it is the right thing to do. THAT is morality. Doing the right thing because you are afraid of the consequences if you don't is not morality.

they may not have Hell to deal with but they do believe in Karma which is like being punished for your sins since what you do to others will come back to you.

In many ways christians don't have Hell to deal with either since we are forgiven for our sins.

Forum List

Back