Zone1 I need to clarify my views on the Novus Ordo sect v the Sedevacantist (both claim to be Catholic)

we'll just have to conclude that there's no supernatural that can be proved
A crystal-clear conclusion. I've often taught science to eleven-year-olds. No youngster seems to be confused that proof needs measurable physical evidence. The supernatural, the spiritual, and the philosophical are outside the physical realm and therefore cannot be measured and therefore cannot be proved or disproved. This is an obvious conclusion that children easily grasp.

A crystal-clear conclusion. I've often taught science to eleven-year-olds. No youngster seems to be confused that proof needs measurable physical evidence. The supernatural, the spiritual, and the philosophical are outside the physical realm and therefore cannot be measured and therefore cannot be proved or disproved. This is an obvious conclusion that children easily grasp.
I mentioned you and Ding because both of you believe there was at least a boat and a flood. If you aren't willing to support your view then he (notmyfault) has to start from zero if he wants to prove the supernatural based on the bibles' being what you assume to be true.

I'm not asking for an ark with giraffe heads poking out and the entire earth flooded to a depth of 30,000 feet above sea level. I'm only asking for proof of the boat and a flood that can fit the story. As you have interpreted it!

It appears that I have to provide the proof for all three of you Christians.

a link from Answers in Genesis: quote:

Taking another look​

The image of Noah’s Ark that you may have seen in children’s books or painted on nursery walls is often small and cramped with giraffe heads sticking out of the top. But the real Noah’s Ark, the one described in the Bible, would have been around 510 feet long and 51 feet tall—and amazingly seaworthy in even the roughest seas. This is a ship that could have kept the occupants safe during a year-long ordeal.

There's the proof of the supernatural for the Christian side of the debate.

The atheist side: Get a life!

I'm not asking for an ark with giraffe heads poking out and the entire earth flooded to a depth of 30,000 feet above sea level. I'm only asking for proof of the boat and a flood that can fit the story. As you have interpreted it!
So...you don't believe there were any floods in the earth's history? I guess, no boats, either?

So...you don't believe there were any floods in the earth's history? I guess, no boats, either?
I do believe there were floods and boats, but I believe in the way you stated that you, Ding, and notmyfault believe.

That is, to the best of my understanding, a wood boat that is possible within the confines of physics and a flood that would be possible within the confines of water available. Suffice to say a flood reaching less than 200 feet and much less than 30,000!

So I'm good with a flood within the confines of what you and Ding would define as such limits.

I do believe there were floods and boats, but I believe in the way you stated that you, Ding, and notmyfault believe.
So...you think I told you know how much land and how many feet the flood covered? Do tell. As I recall, I said the setting of the Biblical story was a great flood. I don't even recall mentioning a boat...so catch me up. You may as well also fill me in on where I think the flood was, too.

So...you think I told you know how much land and how many feet the flood covered? Do tell. As I recall, I said the setting of the Biblical story was a great flood. I don't even recall mentioning a boat...so catch me up. You may as well also fill me in on where I think the flood was, too.
Rational thinking caused m to conclude that the flood couldn't have exceeded 200 feet above sea level.
Yes, I'm pretty sure you mentioned a boat, as it would be a necessary feature of your flood.
But now's a good time to walk it back or walk out of it, if you don't think you did.

I have no idea where or which flood you were referring to? One of history's large localized flood one would assume. Make your flood as deep as you like. Your opinion is critical to the question on the supernatural being impossible or not.

Rational thinking caused m to conclude that the flood couldn't have exceeded 200 feet above sea level.
Yes, I'm pretty sure you mentioned a boat, as it would be a necessary feature of your flood.
But now's a good time to walk it back or walk out of it, if you don't think you did.
If I recall I was focused on the theme of the story and the main character. I said the setting of the story was a great flood. Didn't mention the boat.

I have no idea where or which flood you were referring to? One of history's large localized flood one would assume. Make your flood as deep as you like. Your opinion is critical to the question on the supernatural being impossible or not.
The depth of the flood wasn't pertinent to the theme. I said there was a great flood, and from there you began telling me how deep I thought the flood was and how large I thought the boat was. My point is, tell your own story and leave me out of it.

It appears that I have to provide the proof for all three of you Christians.

a link from Answers in Genesis: quote:

Taking another look​

The image of Noah’s Ark that you may have seen in children’s books or painted on nursery walls is often small and cramped with giraffe heads sticking out of the top. But the real Noah’s Ark, the one described in the Bible, would have been around 510 feet long and 51 feet tall—and amazingly seaworthy in even the roughest seas. This is a ship that could have kept the occupants safe during a year-long ordeal.

There's the proof of the supernatural for the Christian side of the debate.

The atheist side: Get a life!
I'm looking for the link to what you claim I believe, dummy.

I mentioned you and Ding because both of you believe there was at least a boat and a flood.
I'd love to see the link to what you claim I believe. I could claim you believe you like it when you go down on your boyfriend but that wouldn't make it true, right?

I'd love to see the link to what you claim I believe. I could claim you believe you like it when you go down on your boyfriend but that wouldn't make it true, right?

A Catholic Christian's reply.

I heard a woman say once

I used to be Catholic. Now I'm a Christian

:banghead:

You have to hand it to the evangelicals. They've got that CatholicsRNotChristian thing down pat and are able to convince the uncatechized Catholics. Of course IMO nearly all Catholics are uncatechized and ignorant. Most of them don't realize that the Vatican is FAR from being the seat of the Catholic religion anymore

Forum List

Back