I, Claudius

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I have seen this about a gazillion times. I love this series. I love the way they refer to Germany in the very first episode. It's been the most damaging bit of history ever on tv. These characters are ingrained in my head and so now Augustus always looks like Brian Blessed. Always. Claudius is always going to be Derek Jacobi. Livia is always going to be Sian Phillips. John Hurt is always going to be Caligula. It's years later and I dislike Robert Graves for a myriad of reasons but I do like this show.

AND. Roman emperors have always had a British accent in my head. It's absolutely hideous.

Nice, something we haven't seen. Will add to watch list.

I have the book and have read it several times, I saw the series on a new-fangled device in 1980 called a VHS player in college.

I have the book and have read it several times, I saw the series on a new-fangled device in 1980 called a VHS player in college.
I suspect that you know this but there are actually two books. Claudius the God is the follow up. I was given it to read when I was 11. I thought it was quite rude. Doubt it would be allowed now.

Forum List

Back