I apologize to this unknown poster for losing patience

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Yeh, this has been on my mind and heart for awhile (yes, I have one of those, the latter)

I didn't want to answer his/her Qs about the Catholic faith bc I am very tired of doing that when the anti-Catholic I am speaking to doesn't want to hear it, is not listening or doesn't even try to understand the Catholic position.

No one ever accused me of having too much patience! (I have been accused of other things, though... overthinking stuff (true)... worrying too much (true) and etc... but again no one ever said i have too much patience..

Well, it really is tiresome trying to "discuss" something w/ people who do not really want to know about what you are saying.. you have to give me that..

I don't recall who the poster was i got impatient with but I apologize.. wasn't my finest like-Jesus moment, I know...

Yeh, this has been on my mind and heart for awhile (yes, I have one of those, the latter)

I didn't want to answer his/her Qs about the Catholic faith bc I am very tired of doing that when the anti-Catholic I am speaking to doesn't want to hear it, is not listening or doesn't even try to understand the Catholic position.

No one ever accused me of having too much patience! (I have been accused of other things, though... overthinking stuff (true)... worrying too much (true) and etc... but again no one ever said i have too much patience..

Well, it really is tiresome trying to "discuss" something w/ people who do not really want to know about what you are saying.. you have to give me that..

I don't recall who the poster was i got impatient with but I apologize.. wasn't my finest like-Jesus moment, I know...

Christians were never intended to be Christ-like, which is impossible anyway. That's what Jesus is for: to be Jesus. We the wicked mortal apes are infinitely flawed and ever hungry for gold and power. No use apologizing for our primordial nature and the misadventures where it leads us.

Christians were never intended to be Christ-like, which is impossible anyway. That's what Jesus is for: to be Jesus. We the wicked mortal apes are infinitely flawed and ever hungry for gold and power. No use apologizing for our primordial nature and the misadventures it leads us on.

Christians were never intended to be Christ-like, which is impossible anyway. That's what Jesus is for: to be Jesus. We the wicked mortal apes are infinitely flawed and ever hungry for gold and power. No use apologizing for our primordial nature and the misadventures where it leads us.
well, I kind of agree and yet we are perfectible.. just not in this world IMO

we have to be in the next world where there are no worldly distractions to take our minds off ... what we need to be purged of... hence Purgatory

you are right that we can never be 100% like Jesus, who was/is God.. and yet we are to try... I doubt I myself will ever be able to raise anyone from the dead no matter how much I pray... !! But hey.. I will pray for... well, sick, not dead people... to get well...

oh ye of little faith, i know..... :(

It leads to killing unborn babies...

It leads to killing unborn babies...
for sure... telling ourselves that we are just 'apes' just helps us make massive excuses for all our evil...

Jesus would not have come, would nt have died on the Cross if we werent egregiously in need of Him...

but most people ignore Him...

actually:

1 John 2:6
the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked

We strive. We fail. But we continue to strive:
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children;

With His help:
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

for sure... telling ourselves that we are just 'apes' just helps us make massive excuses for all our evil...

Jesus would not have come, would nt have died on the Cross if we werent egregiously in need of Him...

but most people ignore Him...
Jesus came for the lost Jews.

Heresy

There are no wise men. There are no perfect men.
but there ARE perfect-enough men

you know... like Trump (politically and even ethically, since he was / is pro life..)

DeSantis (ditto above but a more respectable past)

yep, they are totally perfect-enough for me :)

Yes, Christians are to become Christ-like

Well yes. In the first century Jews were divided into factions that fought each other and the Romans.
You mean like the Romans who took two years to try to conquer the Jews at Masada, and the Jews committed suicide rather than allow themselves to be captured?

You make it sound as if the Jews were the ones at fault.

You mean like the Romans who took two years to try to conquer the Jews at Masada, and the Jews committed suicide rather than allow themselves to be captured?

You make it sound as if the Jews were the ones at fault.
Yigal Yadim excavated Masada and only found about 15 skeletons and pig bones. He falsified his findings, but his students who were involved in the excavation came forward with the truth.

Yigal Yadim excavated Masada and only found about 15 skeletons and pig bones. He falsified his findings, but his students who were involved in the excavation came forward with the truth.
And right on cue…..you’re ready to discredit another proud moment in Jewish history. I was there - they had a large, elaborate community.

Do that and then you can worship yourself. I've met many a fellow man who claimed to be possessed of Zen like restraint, rectitude or discipline; in the end they always prove human . . . just regular old human, wicked and imperfect; the way He created us.
You're out of your element:

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children --eph 5:1

You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you -- John 13:1

For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. -- Romans 8:29

You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. -- Matthew 5:48

Forum List

Back