Hypothetical Scenario; Democrat Open/Brokered Convention; Who Could Plausibly Beat Trump?

Who would have a GOOD chance of beating Trump?

• Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Stacey Abrams, rock star and moral genius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Hillary Clinton

• John Kerry

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Mark Cuban

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Oprah Winfrey

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Robert Iger of Disney

• Howard Schultz

• Gavin Newsom

• Michelle Obama

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Alexander Soros

• Other, please post who that is

• None can beat Trump

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
This is how the sycophantic “journalists” at the Washington Post do “journalism” when it comes to Stacey Abrams”. I’m embarrassed for them.

Pandemonium ensues as she walks to the far left of the stage, like a runway supermodel, stops on a dime, poses, tilts her head slightly and smiles. Camera flashes explode. She next pivots and walks slowly to the center of the stage, freezes there and repeats the pose. Again, the flashes explode. Abrams is summoning her inner actress, and she is both enjoying the moment and getting through it to get to the conversation. She then pivots and walks to the far right of the stage, same."

THE POWER OF STACEY ABRAMS

Supermodel?

Stacy Abrams in a bikini would spice up the Sleepy ticket. Yes, there would be people gouging their eyes out with a screwdriver.... but that would separate the men from boys. Think about that sexy sweat dripping off those rolls. God that's hot.

There are many that could beat Trump.
However, the dems are too delusional and PC to put up anyone that could.
The duopoly is a bunch of bullshit and our idiot voters keep voting for it.
Pathetic.

Yeah? So what’s the solution? Everybody complains about the “duopoly” but only one man actually challenged it...Donald Trump. And when he did all the complainers lined up behind the duopoly...which is really a monopoly with two wings.

This is how the sycophantic “journalists” at the Washington Post do “journalism” when it comes to Stacey Abrams”. I’m embarrassed for them.

Pandemonium ensues as she walks to the far left of the stage, like a runway supermodel, stops on a dime, poses, tilts her head slightly and smiles. Camera flashes explode. She next pivots and walks slowly to the center of the stage, freezes there and repeats the pose. Again, the flashes explode. Abrams is summoning her inner actress, and she is both enjoying the moment and getting through it to get to the conversation. She then pivots and walks to the far right of the stage, same."

THE POWER OF STACEY ABRAMS

Supermodel?

TDS has broken their brains.

Pathetic.

Yeah? So what’s the solution? Everybody complains about the “duopoly” but only one man actually challenged it...Donald Trump. And when he did all the complainers lined up behind the duopoly...which is really a monopoly with two wings.

Trump challenged the duopoly...by running as a Republican. Embracing one of the two major parties is an odd way to challenge the two party system.

Pathetic.

Trump challenged the duopoly...by running as a Republican. Embracing one of the two major parties is an odd way to challenge the two party system.

Don’t get distracted.

I’ve said this before. Biden will be the candidate unless he has a stroke. But if he needs to be removed, the best candidate the Democrats can choose TO WIN is Klobuchar, who is a centrist in the FDR / Farmer Labor tradition. Fresh face, a woman, trusted by the Establishment, has a heart and proven ability to win swing states. Team her with the right V.P. candidate and she would mop up Trump.

Pathetic.

Don’t get distracted.
Hey, if you want to tell me Perot challenged the duopoly, I’ll either say nothing or agree. When you say Trump did, that’s different. :)

Pathetic.

Don’t get distracted.
Hey, if you want to tell me Perot challenged the duopoly, I’ll either say nothing or agree. When you say Trump did, that’s different. :)

I can sum up Ross Perot in one quote. When he dropped out of the race in 1992 he said it was because "the Democratic Party has revitalized itself. They’ve done a brilliant job, in my opinion, in coming back.” One of his campaign managers put it a slightly different way...

"Morton H. Meyerson, a longtime Perot confidant and campaign adviser, later cited the Democratic Party’s platform as something that “Ross feels good about.” LINK

His job was to act as spoiler by preventing the populist, less leftist wing of Democrat voters from going to the GOP while the DNC concentrated on inner city slum voters. He ran twice to put Bill Clinton in office.

Convincing you to oppose the "duopoly" is how they control you. Its what they expect...the default opinion of every voter almost. Every hear anyone say "im a supporter of the duopoly"? Nope. Everyone is expected to tilt at this windmill while keeping the real monopoly in power. And it has nothing to do with party. Thats the illusion. You may as well say Trump is part of some "duopoly" because he sits in the same White House as Obama did. The party structure is part of the governing structure of the country. Its baked in. To fight back you take control of government power centers. Party positions are one of them.

Trump didnt oppose the charade of party that is set up to rule through. He opposed the rulers. He defeated the Republican Party and made it his own and then defeated the Democrat Party. But for the ruling elites they saw it as breaching the first line of defense and then the second. This "duopoly" just channels the real power.

If you cant see the concentrated power and money being brought to bear against Trump then you are truly fooled.

Pathetic.

Don’t get distracted.

I can sum up Ross Perot in one quote. When he dropped out of the race in 1992 he said it was because "the Democratic Party has revitalized itself. They’ve done a brilliant job, in my opinion, in coming back.” One of his campaign managers put it a slightly different way...

"Morton H. Meyerson, a longtime Perot confidant and campaign adviser, later cited the Democratic Party’s platform as something that “Ross feels good about.” LINK

His job was to act as spoiler by preventing the populist, less leftist wing of Democrat voters from going to the GOP while the DNC concentrated on inner city slum voters. He ran twice to put Bill Clinton in office.

Convincing you to oppose the "duopoly" is how they control you. Its what they expect...the default opinion of every voter almost. Every hear anyone say "im a supporter of the duopoly"? Nope. Everyone is expected to tilt at this windmill while keeping the real monopoly in power. And it has nothing to do with party. Thats the illusion. You may as well say Trump is part of some "duopoly" because he sits in the same White House as Obama did. The party structure is part of the governing structure of the country. Its baked in. To fight back you take control of government power centers. Party positions are one of them.

Trump didnt oppose the charade of party that is set up to rule through. He opposed the rulers. He defeated the Republican Party and made it his own and then defeated the Democrat Party. But for the ruling elites they saw it as breaching the first line of defense and then the second. This "duopoly" just channels the real power.

If you cant see the concentrated power and money being brought to bear against Trump then you are truly fooled.

The default position of almost every voter is to oppose the duopoly? Where do you possibly get that from? The default position of most voters is to support either the R or the D.

The duopoly, the two party system, has nothing to do with party? OK then.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the last third-party presidential candidate who actually had a significant impact on the election did so at the behest of (and one would imagine, with the financial backing of) the duopoly, while the current president, who won as a member of the Republican party, somehow was actually fighting the duopoly, which was unable to keep him from suborning the entire Republican party. Is that about right?

Pathetic.

Don’t get distracted.

Michael Lind speaking of "Ruling the Void" by Peter Mair

"Parties have become brand labels used by small groups of politicians, donors and campaign strategists"

I dont say there is no difference. I say the same group rules either directly or indirectly because they have successfully convinced Americans that power is only wielded by elected officials and that politics is the solution to their problems.

"Parties have become brand labels used by small groups of politicians, donors and campaign strategists"

I dont say there is no difference. I say the same group rules either directly or indirectly because they have successfully convinced Americans that power is only wielded by elected officials and that politics is the solution to their problems.
That’s fair enough.

I still don’t buy into the idea of Trump as the one person willing and able to fight the power, though. :dunno:

I have long felt that Trumps tactic of rebranding his opponents would make the use of a proxy candidate till the post convention run a smart strategy. Biden would be the perfect proxy candidate and could be dropped by simply opening the first round of the nomination process by the convention leadership opening to the delegates the freedom of choosing who they prefer on the first round. Anti-Trumpers wanted to do that in the first round of the 2016 Republican Convention and Manafort successfully prevented it. (Now he is paying for that, rotting in jail).

So if that happened and Democrats had a brokered convention as a result, who could they pick that would have the best chance of defeating Donald J Trump?
Sanders would be dangerous...​
Jo​

The default position of almost every voter is to oppose the duopoly? Where do you possibly get that from? The default position of most voters is to support either the R or the D.

Its a different sense. They perceive they are choosing between two different options. And 90% of them will swear they never take party into consideration but only the individual candidate.

The duopoly, the two party system, has nothing to do with party? OK then.

Ok I worded that poorly. Its because I dont accept your idea of a "duopoly" as being the defining problem and I tried to conflate

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the last third-party presidential candidate who actually had a significant impact on the election did so at the behest of (and one would imagine, with the financial backing of) the duopoly, while the current president, who won as a member of the Republican party, somehow was actually fighting the duopoly, which was unable to keep him from suborning the entire Republican party. Is that about right?

I quoted Ross Perot. And the election results are there for everyone to see. His "significant action" was to put Bill Clinton in power.

And yes thats about right on Trump. The elites expected the Vichy Republican wing to stop him there and they failed as he crushed Romney, the Bushes, George Will and Bill Kristol.

That’s fair enough.

I still don’t buy into the idea of Trump as the one person willing and able to fight the power, though. :dunno:

He is the only one with some degree of success. That should be obvious from the vitriol directed at him from every position of power. He has attacked the over-class that have co-opted the parties but not necessarily the parties themselves. He won the presidency but he isnt trying to do away with the office of President is he?

We are a two party system. Its the way it is. You have to take one of the parties first. We have a divided government system (in theory). So you have to occupy at least two branches if you want to get something done. Same thing.

The Republican Party was the obvious choice because its voters have been asking for change so desperately and stymied for so long.

Forum List

Back