Trump ally Rick Scott gets in race to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate GOP leader

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Florida U.S. Sen. Rick Scott announced Wednesday that he is making a bid to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate GOP leader, challenging more established Republican senators who are vying for the job.

"I have decided to run for Senate Republican leader because I believe now is a moment we need dramatic change," Scott said in a letter to colleagues.

Scott criticized how the Senate has operated in recent years, saying "there have been far too many backroom deals cut in secret." He also said Republican leadership in the Senate has been too willing to work with Democrats.

"We often take votes that divide us and unite Democrats," Scott wrote. "Republicans all across America want the Republicans they elected to the U.S. Senate to stop caving in to Democrat demands."

He had 2A issues in FL I'm wary of but as a candidate for majority leader, the question shouldn't be whether or not he's been perfect, but only that he's better than the McConnell/Cornyn/Thune/Ernst mafia. That's a no-brainer.

Florida U.S. Sen. Rick Scott announced Wednesday that he is making a bid to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate GOP leader, challenging more established Republican senators who are vying for the job.

"I have decided to run for Senate Republican leader because I believe now is a moment we need dramatic change," Scott said in a letter to colleagues.

Scott criticized how the Senate has operated in recent years, saying "there have been far too many backroom deals cut in secret." He also said Republican leadership in the Senate has been too willing to work with Democrats.

"We often take votes that divide us and unite Democrats," Scott wrote. "Republicans all across America want the Republicans they elected to the U.S. Senate to stop caving in to Democrat demands."

He had 2A issues in FL I'm wary of but as a candidate for majority leader, the question shouldn't be whether or not he's been perfect, but only that he's better than the McConnell/Cornyn/Thune/Ernst mafia. That's a no-brainer.
2nd Amendment issues? :lmao:

The guy was C.E.O. of a medical health organization that was fined 1.7 billion dollars for defrauding Medicare....

Perfect. Scott committed 20 billion in Medicare fraud for Columbia HCA.

Rick Scott is endorsed by the money-laundering, Chinese-backed publication Epoch Times. They’re under DOJ investigation for the scheme. Scott and others with close connections and who possibly profited will undoubtedly be investigated in what appears to be another major MAGA fraud!

#LOCKTHEMALLUP

Last edited:

The legacy of Scott’s leadership of Columbia/HCA — once the nation’s largest for-profit hospital chain before it ousted Scott and settled the largest health care fraud fine in history at the time — underpins his political identity. The company is the origin of his fabulous wealth, which has allowed him to pump $106.5 million of his own money into his campaigns, $20.6 million of which he has dropped so far on his Senate bid against Nelson. Some of his donors this year are old friends from Columbia/HCA. And Democrats aren’t letting the issue go, either.

“Columbia/HCA is like a fungus he’ll never get rid of,” said John Anzalone, a Democratic pollster for the Senate Majority PAC, which supports Nelson. For voters, he said, Scott’s role in the fraud scheme is “a character thing. They believe he’s a sketchy guy who got rich defrauding people.”

The legacy of Scott’s leadership of Columbia/HCA — once the nation’s largest for-profit hospital chain before it ousted Scott and settled the largest health care fraud fine in history at the time — underpins his political identity. The company is the origin of his fabulous wealth, which has allowed him to pump $106.5 million of his own money into his campaigns, $20.6 million of which he has dropped so far on his Senate bid against Nelson. Some of his donors this year are old friends from Columbia/HCA. And Democrats aren’t letting the issue go, either.

“Columbia/HCA is like a fungus he’ll never get rid of,” said John Anzalone, a Democratic pollster for the Senate Majority PAC, which supports Nelson. For voters, he said, Scott’s role in the fraud scheme is “a character thing. They believe he’s a sketchy guy who got rich defrauding people.”

Link?

Something besides Huff-n-Puff or Mother Jones if you don't mind.

Scott tried another fraud. He tried to pass a law that anyone on food stamps or welfare had to be routinely drug tested. He owned 30 drug test clinics in Florida.

LOL.....Politico is not much of a step up from Huff-N-Puff.

Forum List

Back