CDZ How Would You Set Up Federal Holidays?

I know everyone is going to hate the idea of replacing Christmas, but I dont feel like a nation that has lkegal abortion can seriously pay tribute to the Virgin Birth and until abortion is ended, celebrating Christmas in this country seems like the greatest act of hypocrisy imaginable. Besides, we are no longer a nation whose laws are grounded in Christian moral standards in any fashion, so why pretend otherwise?

Since Jesus never existed, we should probably stop calling Christmas a holiday.

I'm all for calling Columbus Day "Indigenous People's Day". Dump president's day altogether.

So, you work Christmas every year, then?

Thought not.

"celebrating Christmas in this country seems like the greatest act of hypocrisy imaginable" With me, it is the placement of "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance that triggers a sense of hypocrisy.

Any thoughts about holidays instilled in grade school soon were lost memories by time I reached of high school. Rather my feelings about holidays are mostly memories generated first by my family and then later by my spouse, friends and acquaintances. So I reckon many, if not most, already recognize holidays in their own secondary way already. For me, MLK, President's and Columbus Day are nothing more than don't bother to check the mail days. New Years and Thanksgiving are about football. The Easter Season is much more meaningful to me than Christmas (got my Easter greeting cards mailed out on Saturday). Memorial Day always brings a memory of Joe Lucky, a co-worker of my dad's that he told me about when I watched The Battle of the Bulge. Veteran Day is a time for parades around here.

How about doing away with Federal Holidays and let the States have their own Holidays instead.

Just my opinion.

Forum List

Back