CDZ Do you think this black guy is unreasonable?

What should have happened:

Scenario 1...

Shelton goes to the br and gets a reload of goodies. He returns to the theater thru the proper door.
No problems

Scenario 2:

Shelton goes to the br and gets a reload of goodies. He returns to the theater thru an exit door and is met by a worker. He is told to leave. Shelton shows his ticket stub and the worker agrees to let him find his seat. The worker tells him to use the prioper door next time or everyone will be sounding bells during the showing of the movie. All is well.

Secenario 3:

Shelton goes to the br and gets a reload of goodies. He returns to the theater thru an exit door and is met by a worker. He is told to leave. He refuses and does not show his ticket stub. Police and manager called. Manager says all is well, when Shelton shows his ticket stub. Manager reminds him to use the proper door in the future. All shake hands and is friendly. Manager gives free movie and food tickets .
All is well.

Scenario 4:

Shelton goes to the br and gets a reload of goodies. He returns to the theater thru an exit door and is met by a worker. He is told to leave. He refuses and does not show his ticket stub. Police and manager called. Shelton shows ticket stub and says they did this because he's black. They explain it is because he came in an exit door but he says he is calling headquarters and he wants 40% of the company stock. Headquarters says that cannot be done, Black Lives come and everyone comes into the theaters thru exit doors with and without tickets. They want 50% of the proceeds of the night. Managers say no.

Scenario 5:

Shelton goes to the br and gets a reload of goodies. He returns to the theater thru an exit door and is met by a worker. He is told to leave. He refuses and does not show his ticket stub. Police and manager called. Shelton shows ticket stub and says they did this because he's black. They explain it is because he came in an exit door but he says he is calling headquarters and he wants 40% of the company stock. Headquarters says that cannot be done, Black Lives come and everyone comes into the theaters thru exit doors with and without tickets. They want 50% of the proceeds of the night. Managers say no. BLM sets fires in theaters and loot the popcorn and sodas.

He deliberately not showing the stub, so things go wrong and blame the manager for that. I've heard a similar case. Some women think the guy doesn't belong in an apartment. He could have just shown his card.

Don't get me wrong; it sucks to be suspected of something wrong when you're not. But you could show.

The general rule is if you have evidence and you would have shown it. The fact that you don't show that you don't have proof. That goes with religions too I guess.

However, put yourself in Sheldon shoes. In his mind, he is tired of being accused of stealing just because he is black. So he thinks, ah this time I have proof. You know what? I am going to make a big scene first before showing it.

I know a guy that was scammed by a big corporation. The guy buys insurance at the price of 100 times the cost of typical kinds of stuff. He could have shown evidence.

Everyone thinks he doesn't read the contract carefully, doesn't ask agent enough, trusts the sales agent too much.

No. Sheldon asks for "explanation" publicly first. The company anonymously send an agent repeating some misleading sales pitch. Then someone else shows evidence, but it doesn't get big.

In Sheldon's mind, it is wrong to suspect someone for being black. In the spirit of the guy, it is wrong to scam customers.
However, what we think is wrong, is often different than what I think it's wrong.

To me, it is not wrong to be racists or prejudiced. It's your mind. It's not good. It's not wrong. Libertarians think that we should resolve this by the market mechanism.

People like Sheldon believe that societies should solve this via suing or via war.

In the eye of the white guards, these black guys will bring problems. They are trouble makers. And Sheldon shows that again, it's true.

One possible solution is things like reasonable reasons to believe. Do the guards have rational reasons to think that Sheldon is stealing? Yes.

Is it okay to be wrong if you have understandable reasons to believe you are right? Wow. Declaring something is right even if it's wrong because there is a reasonable reason to believe is a very slippery slope.

We have religions, prejudice, and ideologies giving understandable reasons to believe wrong things.

I think there is a pattern here. People have choice to de-escalate situation. However, they're trying to make a point. So they deliberately make the case go big.

It's all come to reasonableness. Is it reasonable for a guard, that see someone that come through exit door, to suspect that the person is not paying?

I think there is a pattern here. People have choice to de-escalate situation. However, they're trying to make a point. So they deliberately make the case go big.

It's all come to reasonableness. Is it reasonable for a guard, that see someone that come through exit door, to suspect that the person is not paying?
This just happened a few months ago with another opportunistic black gentlemen choosing to not show his ticket in order to create a viral video and reap the benefits.

What about if he's white? Why is it the black that have this problem?

What about if some white guy comes via exit?

So why don't we all come from the exit and wait till we're accused of some wrongdoing and make a scene?

Forum List

Back