Columbus Day, Veterans Day Scrapped From Holiday Schedule

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
A Connecticut school board has sparked outrage after voting to remove two federal holidays from the academic calendar.

Students will not have Columbus Day or Veterans Day off during the 2024-25 and 2025-25 school years after Tuesday's 5-3 vote by the Stamford Board of Education, the Stamford Advocate reported. Both would still be recognized in educational content provided on those days, which is required under a state statute, according to the newspaper.

Would it surprise anyone if they added a Taybeh Oktoberfest, maybe a Artas Lettuce Festival or Birzeit Heritage Week?

MSN

How about H. Rap Brown's birthday? That civil rights figure has been largely forgotten in recent years.

The action of this School Board is pure B.S. It is idiotic things like this that unnecessarily piss off people. No reason for it whatsoever.

A Connecticut school board has sparked outrage after voting to remove two federal holidays from the academic calendar.

Students will not have Columbus Day or Veterans Day off during the 2024-25 and 2025-25 school years after Tuesday's 5-3 vote by the Stamford Board of Education, the Stamford Advocate reported. Both would still be recognized in educational content provided on those days, which is required under a state statute, according to the newspaper.

Would it surprise anyone if they added a Taybeh Oktoberfest, maybe a Artas Lettuce Festival or Birzeit Heritage Week?

MSN

These have been replaced with in-service days ... so teachers get paid even if students aren't present ...

Maybe less reading and more involvement with your local public schools ... why do you think school children are military veterans? ... as a parent I NEVER sent my children to school on their birthdays ... union rules buck-o ...

Connecticut taxes allow Child Welfare to tell parents what to do? ... breaks my heart ...

These have been replaced with in-service days ... so teachers get paid even if students aren't present ...

Maybe less reading and more involvement with your local public schools ... why do you think school children are military veterans? ... as a parent I NEVER sent my children to school on their birthdays ... union rules buck-o ...

Connecticut taxes allow Child Welfare to tell parents what to do? ... breaks my heart ...
So only veterans should observe Veterans Day? How about Presidents Day, is that only for Presidents?

So only veterans should observe Veterans Day? How about Presidents Day, is that only for Presidents?

What is this "Presidents Day" you speak of ... do you mean Lincoln's Birthday on Feb 12th and Washington's Birthday on Feb 22nd? ... both are Federal Holidays aren't they? ...

No they're not, so what's the bitch? ... do you celebrate Admission Day? ... how about Armistice Day, 11am on Nov 11th? ... why bother with school if all they have are holidays? ...

Do you celebrate Perihelion, or do you believe the Sun orbits the Earth? ...

=====

We used to have the youngest girl in class come up and place the Baby Jesus in His manger the last day before Christmas Vacation, then one of the Jewish kids would come up and light a candle on the Classroom Manora ... it was feeding the children during Ramadan that got us into trouble I guess ... damn San Francisco liberalism ...

What is this "Presidents Day" you speak of ... do you mean Lincoln's Birthday on Feb 12th and Washington's Birthday on Feb 22nd? ... both are Federal Holidays aren't they? ...

No they're not, so what's the bitch? ... do you celebrate Admission Day? ... how about Armistice Day, 11am on Nov 11th? ... why bother with school if all they have are holidays? ...

Do you celebrate Perihelion, or do you believe the Sun orbits the Earth? ...

=====

We used to have the youngest girl in class come up and place the Baby Jesus in His manger the last day before Christmas Vacation, then one of the Jewish kids would come up and light a candle on the Classroom Manora ... it was feeding the children during Ramadan that got us into trouble I guess ... damn San Francisco liberalism ...
Bad news Einstein, they lumped all of them into Presidents day.

MSN
How many holidays do these lazy ass, over paid teachers need?

Forum List

Back