How Would You Sell the American people on a major war?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
Say you were the president of the U.S. (or running for the office) and you wanted the American people to support a major war. How would you sell it to Americans? Note when I say "major war" I mean just that with at minimum hundreds of thousands of American deaths and costing trillions.

Note the following:

1) There is not any overt attack on the U.S. that can justify the war.
2) You cannot lie outright to justify the war.

Say you were the president of the U.S. (or running for the office) and you wanted the American people to support a major war. How would you sell it to Americans? Note when I say "major war" I mean just that with at minimum hundreds of thousands of American deaths and costing trillions.

Note the following:

So poorly said. Sad premise. Keep pushing a WWIII scenario which is not going to happen.

All based on Russia's invasion of Ukraine and NATO, not just the USA, supporting Ukraine.

Note the following:

You follow the tried and true pattern used by prior presidents. You set up events leading to a false flag. Works like a charm every time.

Note the following:

Like with Vietnam, no real attack on our soil but the enemy (through another party) has attacked a friend's soil that we have vowed to protect. The news media cranks out propaganda 24/7 dehumanizing this enemy and that their aggression in this other land presents an existential threat to the homeland. This, however, has to include a sycophant national news media.

So poorly said. Sad premise. Keep pushing a WWIII scenario which is not going to happen.

All based on Russia's invasion of Ukraine and NATO, not just the USA, supporting Ukraine.

Wrong in my opinion. The US caused the Ukraine to break from Russia by bribing the military in 2014, to commit the Maidan coup.
All the legal government was either murdered or exiled.
The US then forced Russia to act by having the Ukraine steal oil, massacre ethnic Russian natives, try to block use of Sevastopol, join NATO, etc.
NATO are all criminals, with a history of colonial imperialism, just like the US.

The U.S. has never never gone to war over a "false flag".

Every single war the US has been in, which is no less frequent than every 20 years at least, the US has illegally started a false flag war.
Like the sinking of the USS Maine.
The sinking of the Lusitania.
The claim of protecting student in Grenada.
The WMD in Iraq claim.
The fake drug claims with Noreiga.
Vietnam.
The Ukraine.

Not sure what the point of the question is.... but here is what you need to do.

• First make it "good vs. evil".
  • Second, convince as many people as you can that we'll be out of there in no time--wherever there is.
  • Third, make the conditions of "winning" as murky as possible so you can claim victory no matter what happens.

That is at the beginning. To continue selling it;
  • you fund it through supplemental appropriations so nobody sees a price tag in the budget (remember when we had budgets?).
  • Swear you're seeking only a peaceful resolution as your dial up more lethal resources
  • Ban/prevent any pictures of flag draped coffins coming home
Then claim victory
  • Give a speech where victory is claimed
  • Pivot to make whatever war you just fought part of a larger battle between "good and evil"
  • Laugh off any suggestion that it was all in vain (hint--it almost always is).

Note the following:

easy:

NATO Article 5.

Keep pushing a WWIII scenario which is not going to happen.
So you believe there is nothing NATO could do that would trigger Putin to release a nuke? All I can say is you're making one hell of a bet while holding nothing but a pair. There's no such thing as a limited nuclear war. SMH...

Every single war the US has been in, which is no less frequent than every 20 years at least, the US has illegally started a false flag war.
Like the sinking of the USS Maine.
The sinking of the Lusitania.
The claim of protecting student in Grenada.
The WMD in Iraq claim.
The fake drug claims with Noreiga.
Vietnam.
The Ukraine.
Would it kill you actually read what is asked before throwing in your standard fare Russian propaganda bullshit?

And Russian invasion of Ukraine....is an American false flag operation? This is what goes on in Rigby's sick head.

Last edited:
Not sure what the point of the question is.... but here is what you need to do.

• First make it "good vs. evil".
  • Second, convince as many people as you can that we'll be out of there in no time--wherever there is.
  • Third, make the conditions of "winning" as murky as possible so you can claim victory no matter what happens.

That is at the beginning. To continue selling it;
  • you fund it through supplemental appropriations so nobody sees a price tag in the budget (remember when we had budgets?).
  • Swear you're seeking only a peaceful resolution as your dial up more lethal resources
  • Ban/prevent any pictures of flag draped coffins coming home
Then claim victory
  • Give a speech where victory is claimed
  • Pivot to make whatever war you just fought part of a larger battle between "good and evil"
  • Laugh off any suggestion that it was all in vain (hint--it almost always is).
~~~~~~
Indeed, those first three items have been used by Democrats for decades.
The second batch of you`re statements perfectly describes Democrats and the DNC

Forum List

Back