How Would You Sell the American people on a major war?

~~~~~~
Indeed, those first three items have been used by Democrats for decades.
The second batch of you`re statements perfectly describes Democrats and the DNC

You must have forgotten GWB and the "evildooers" comment he made like a thousand times; the claim of victory 2 decades ago (and we're still there), etc...

Put another way...pull your head out of your ass and fuck off.

Say you were the president of the U.S. (or running for the office) and you wanted the American people to support a major war. How would you sell it to Americans? Note when I say "major war" I mean just that with at minimum hundreds of thousands of American deaths and costing trillions.

Note the following:

1) There is not any overt attack on the U.S. that can justify the war.
2) You cannot lie outright to justify the war.
Get old school, and and divide the riches of the conquered nation amongst the people. Wealth women, and land.

A couple of Free Pizzas should be more than sufficient to rouse the slumbering lumps of lard from inertia .

Every single war the US has been in, which is no less frequent than every 20 years at least, the US has illegally started a false flag war.
Like the sinking of the USS Maine.
The sinking of the Lusitania.
The claim of protecting student in Grenada.
The WMD in Iraq claim.
The fake drug claims with Noreiga.
Vietnam.
The Ukraine.

Every single war the US has been in, which is no less frequent than every 20 years at least, the US has illegally started a false flag war.
Like the sinking of the USS Maine.
The sinking of the Lusitania.
The claim of protecting student in Grenada.
The WMD in Iraq claim.
The fake drug claims with Noreiga.
Vietnam.
The Ukraine.
Wrong
'The only possible false flag war on your list is the USS Maine. The rest were not false flags.

You are a liar

So you believe there is nothing NATO could do that would trigger Putin to release a nuke? All I can say is you're making one hell of a bet while holding nothing but a pair. There's no such thing as a limited nuclear war. SMH...
Be ignorant of how things work, stay ignorant.

Putin sets up a nuke, he is done. Threatening to launch one is the game.

Threats get dictators a lot from a lot of people, NOT from NATO or the US.

Say you were the president of the U.S. (or running for the office) and you wanted the American people to support a major war. How would you sell it to Americans? Note when I say "major war" I mean just that with at minimum hundreds of thousands of American deaths and costing trillions.
Too broad a brush here.
How about NATO or one of our other allies, like Japan or Australia?

Like with Vietnam, no real attack on our soil but the enemy (through another party) has attacked a friend's soil that we have vowed to protect. The news media cranks out propaganda 24/7 dehumanizing this enemy and that their aggression in this other land presents an existential threat to the homeland. This, however, has to include a sycophant national news media.
^ Major thread win. :)

Unless we are attacked, America would never sign up to a war of that magnitude

We are tired of wars as a global policeman

Like with Vietnam, no real attack on our soil but the enemy (through another party) has attacked a friend's soil that we have vowed to protect. The news media cranks out propaganda 24/7 dehumanizing this enemy and that their aggression in this other land presents an existential threat to the homeland. This, however, has to include a sycophant national news media.
When we start sending troops, call me.

Note the following:

We don't need to sell the people a war. We need to sell the politicians the notion of MINDING OUR OWN BUSINESS

When we start sending troops, call me.
As of 24 Aug 2023, the US has more than 150 military advisers in Ukraine, including special forces troopers.1 The US has used the emergency Presidential Drawdown Authority on 43 occasions since August 2021 to provide Ukraine military assistance directly from DoD stockpiles.3 The Joint Multinational Training Group-Ukraine is the mission of training, equipping, training center development, and doctrinal assistance to the Ukrainian armed forces.0 Western militaries have long offered training and equipment to the country's armed forces, and the US has more than 150 military advisers in the country, including special forces troopers.1 However, the US is missing a key opportunity by not sending more military advisors to offer training on weapons and help with logistics, according to two US volunteers who recently returned from the war-torn country.

And yes, most of these advisors are active military personnel, or "troops" if you prefer. This is the same way we started in vietnam.

Last edited:

How Would You Sell the American people on a major war?​

Note the following:

Cannot, with any nod to honesty, be done. Which is why the "best" presidents have always been inveterate liars.

As of 24 Aug 2023, the US has more than 150 military advisers in Ukraine, including special forces troopers.1 The US has used the emergency Presidential Drawdown Authority on 43 occasions since August 2021 to provide Ukraine military assistance directly from DoD stockpiles.3 The Joint Multinational Training Group-Ukraine is the mission of training, equipping, training center development, and doctrinal assistance to the Ukrainian armed forces.0 Western militaries have long offered training and equipment to the country's armed forces, and the US has more than 150 military advisers in the country, including special forces troopers.1 However, the US is missing a key opportunity by not sending more military advisors to offer training on weapons and help with logistics, according to two US volunteers who recently returned from the war-torn country.

And yes, most of these advisors are active military personally, or "troops" if you prefer. This is the same way we started in vietnam.
OK, fighting units.

Forum List

Back