How we lost our Constitution

It's been FAST TRACKED by .... well YOU know who....

constitutional-burn.jpg

Marilyn M. Barnewall -- American Matrix How We Lost Our Constitution Part 1

Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?
How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?
How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion . .

How often have you heard people refer to America as a Democracy? When was the last time that you heard America referred to as a Republic? There is a very good reason that our Pledge of Allegiance refers to our country as a Republic and there is a very good reason that our Declaration of Independence and our constitution do not even mentioned the word "democracy".

America is a Constitutional Republic . . . NOT a Democracy

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

There's that lack of education we were discussing...What passes for an education these days is pathetic.
We had a 12th grade exchange student from Germany 3 years ago. She was a straight A+ student the whole year and spoke 5 languages. From the first day till the last she couldn't get over the fact that many of her classmates would come into class and sleep during the whole periods during the morning and manage to make passing grades. Those are the students who will graduate college next year. Thank god for the internet.

Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

Obviously they or rather you are that stupid.
I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

The Constitution hasn't been "lost," it's actually a matter of most conservatives' ignorance of Constitutional case law or contempt for the same.

Well, voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government, what do they expect? Do voters actually think that by voting for professional politicians, that they'll be represented in government? Nah, no one can be that stupid, can they?

I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.
I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

You called every person that has ever voted for a "professional politician" stupid and you did it again in this post as well.

Oh and I don't believe you didn't vote for Obama.

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

Gee, thanks for the referral. My BA is Poli Sci & American History - I guess those profs and TA's at CAL know nothing. Those fools differentiated democracy into pure and representative, I guess the laughs on them. Tell me oh wise one, how do we elect our city and county councils, our representatives in the the state legislatures and in the Congress. We even elect representatives who vote to elect the President of the United States? Think about it, if you can.

And if it's not too taxing, consider the People's Republic of N. Korea, then get back to me:

Constitution of North Korea - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yea how many rights have we gained though?

Ask minorities, women and business owners. And pretty soon, gay people. Also, ask internet shoppers.

Then, ask marijuana smokers.

Gee, thanks for the referral. My BA is Poli Sci & American History - I guess those profs and TA's at CAL know nothing. Those fools differentiated democracy into pure and representative, I guess the laughs on them. Tell me oh wise one, how do we elect our city and county councils, our representatives in the the state legislatures and in the Congress. We even elect representatives who vote to elect the President of the United States? Think about it, if you can.

And if it's not to taxing, consider the People's Republic of N. Korea, then get back to me:

We're not talking about North Korea's government.

You called every person that has ever voted for a "professional politician" stupid and you did it again in this post as well.

Oh and I don't believe you didn't vote for Obama.
Yes, considering what professional politicians have done to this country over the past 50 plus years, yes, voters are stupid for voting for them over and over and over and over. And. I stand by that statement. I have never ever voted for a professional politician in my life, and I'm 67 years young as we speak. And, I did NOT vote for Obama, and wouldn't under any circumstance, period. Of course, you can believe anything that you want to believe, it's your right, and I respect your rights. Yes, I do vote in elections.

I did NOT call anyone stupid by name. I do not engage in name calling and personal attacks, it's childish and silly behavior. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, nor do I know anything about them. So, it would be silly and childish to attack them, or call them names. I can discuss and debate issues in a civil and adult manner.

And if it's not to taxing, consider the People's Republic of N. Korea, then get back to me:

We're not talking about North Korea's government.

LOL. Oh gee, shame on me. I thought this had evolved into a discussion on our form of government and how to describe it. And silly me, I gave an example of the dishonesty and hypocrisy of both the conservatives here and the conservatives in N. Korea. Sad it passed over your head, but ... some are willfully ignorant and others, well...

It's the Democrats who have changed us from a Constitutional Republic towards a Democratic Republic which started at the beginning of the 20th century with President Wilson
When you read our Founders letters and their explanations of why they did not want a Democracy they said it was because Democracy's have always failed. We are starting to fail as a nation because of this.
It's why our Constitution says that it guarantees us a Republican form of government not a Democracy.
If we were a Democratic Republic we would not have any minority representation.
Our Constitutional Republic gives equal representation for the minority as well as the majority.

Washington, Franklin, Madison, and the other men who gave us independence and our form of republic government never set out to create a “representative democracy.” Those men recognized in democracy a danger to freedom just as deadly as that represented by the worst despotism.

As we the people keep electing politicians who want to continue to move us more towards a form of democracy, the more of our freedoms are being lost.

Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion . .

How often have you heard people refer to America as a Democracy? When was the last time that you heard America referred to as a Republic? There is a very good reason that our Pledge of Allegiance refers to our country as a Republic and there is a very good reason that our Declaration of Independence and our constitution do not even mentioned the word "democracy".

America is a Constitutional Republic . . . NOT a Democracy
The clause in Article four refers to state governments not the national government, nor is "republic" defined. There are 2 or more definitions of republic.

It's the Democrats who have changed us from a Constitutional Republic towards a Democratic Republic which started at the beginning of the 20th century with President Wilson
When you read our Founders letters and their explanations of why they did not want a Democracy they said it was because Democracy's have always failed. We are starting to fail as a nation because of this.
It's why our Constitution says that it guarantees us a Republican form of government not a Democracy.
If we were a Democratic Republic we would not have any minority representation.
Our Constitutional Republic gives equal representation for the minority as well as the majority.

Have you noticed that some republics have parliaments not voted on by the people? In England, for example, the members of the House of Lords are appointed, the House of Commons are elected. In N. Korea only members of the Party are appointed and can be purged for any affornt to the dear leader.

It's true that our nation was called a Republic, but Jefferson's Party was the Democratic Republic and the opposing party the Federalists. Only recently, as the GOP devolved into the party which supports the contemporary iterations of the First and Second Estates, have we seen the use of the word democracy replaced by the word constitution, and our Constitution coming under the control of the originalists and textulaists, as three members belonged to the Federalist Society (Alito, Thomas, Scalia).

Forum List

Back