How we lost our Constitution

Obviously they or rather you are that stupid.
I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.
I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

You called every person that has ever voted for a "professional politician" stupid and you did it again in this post as well.

Oh and I don't believe you didn't vote for Obama.
Yes, considering what professional politicians have done to this country over the past 50 plus years, yes, voters are stupid for voting for them over and over and over and over. And. I stand by that statement. I have never ever voted for a professional politician in my life, and I'm 67 years young as we speak. And, I did NOT vote for Obama, and wouldn't under any circumstance, period. Of course, you can believe anything that you want to believe, it's your right, and I respect your rights. Yes, I do vote in elections.

I did NOT call anyone stupid by name. I do not engage in name calling and personal attacks, it's childish and silly behavior. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, nor do I know anything about them. So, it would be silly and childish to attack them, or call them names. I can discuss and debate issues in a civil and adult manner.

So it's not insulting to call someone stupid if you don't call them out by name. That's stupid!

You're right, I don't believe that you didn't vote for Obama.

Marilyn M. Barnewall -- American Matrix How We Lost Our Constitution Part 1

Are we really losing our Constitutional Republic?
How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost?
How Many Constitutional Freedoms Have We Lost?
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer exists.
We're screwed and we're going to stay screwed

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

Gee, thanks for the referral. My BA is Poli Sci & American History - I guess those profs and TA's at CAL know nothing. Those fools differentiated democracy into pure and representative, I guess the laughs on them. Tell me oh wise one, how do we elect our city and county councils, our representatives in the the state legislatures and in the Congress. We even elect representatives who vote to elect the President of the United States? Think about it, if you can.

And if it's not to taxing, consider the People's Republic of N. Korea, then get back to me:

Constitution of North Korea - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We're not talking about North Korea's government.

LOL. Oh gee, shame on me. I thought this had evolved into a discussion on our form of government and how to describe it. And silly me, I gave an example of the dishonesty and hypocrisy of both the conservatives here and the conservatives in N. Korea. Sad it passed over your head, but ... some are willfully ignorant and others, well...

Comparing a communist country to the US is on par with your level of intelligence.

I have never voted for one in my life, and wouldn't under any circumstance. I wouldn't do that to this country, nor to her citizens. I'm not that stupid. FYI - Calling me stupid without knowing anything about me, speaks more to you than it does to me. Name calling is what kids to on the school playground, and not on public forums where we're suppose to have conversations in an adult and civil manner. Think about it, please.

Are you saying you didn't vote for Obama or you don't consider him a professional.

BTW you started with the name calling by implying that people that don't vote the in the manner acceptable to you are stupid.

You should take your own advice and stop calling people stupid without knowing anything about them.
I did NOT vote for Mr. Obama, and would not do that to this country. Yes, he is a professional politician, and was a politician before being elected as president. I did not call anyone stupid, I said that stupid voters elect and re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. I called no one by name. It was a collective description. And, the sad shameful state of this once great nation verifies my statement.

You called every person that has ever voted for a "professional politician" stupid and you did it again in this post as well.

Oh and I don't believe you didn't vote for Obama.
Yes, considering what professional politicians have done to this country over the past 50 plus years, yes, voters are stupid for voting for them over and over and over and over. And. I stand by that statement. I have never ever voted for a professional politician in my life, and I'm 67 years young as we speak. And, I did NOT vote for Obama, and wouldn't under any circumstance, period. Of course, you can believe anything that you want to believe, it's your right, and I respect your rights. Yes, I do vote in elections.

I did NOT call anyone stupid by name. I do not engage in name calling and personal attacks, it's childish and silly behavior. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, nor do I know anything about them. So, it would be silly and childish to attack them, or call them names. I can discuss and debate issues in a civil and adult manner.

So it's not insulting to call someone stupid if you don't call them out by name. That's stupid!

You're right, I don't believe that you didn't vote for Obama.
You have the right to believe anything that you want to believe, that's your right, and I respect your right to do so. Have at it, go for it. Whatever blows your skirt up and gives you a warm feeling, by all means, do it.

Washington, Franklin, Madison, and the other men who gave us independence and our form of republic government never set out to create a “representative democracy.” Those men recognized in democracy a danger to freedom just as deadly as that represented by the worst despotism.

As we the people keep electing politicians who want to continue to move us more towards a form of democracy, the more of our freedoms are being lost.

You're simply repeating the contemporary meme of the current conservative movement.

Taste this quote:

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Ronald Reagan

link: Democracy is worth dying for because it s the most deeply honorable form of government... - Ronald Reagan at BrainyQuote

Or this from George W. Bush:

"It is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world," Bush said in his inaugural address after his swearing-in ceremony."

link: CNN.com - Bush pledges to spread democracy - Jan 20 2005

Wow, read the quotes in the link below to see how far the Republican Party has fallen, and maybe some of those who fear democracy and hate liberals will see the light:

Examples from the link:

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”

“The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions.”

“A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.”

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group of course that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few other Texas oil millionaires and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”

Too bad the GOP base would reject President Eisenhower today as a RINO, and too bad there is not one member of the GOP seeking their nomination as wise, as accomplished and as sage as was this former president.

Dwight D. Eisenhower Quotes Author of Crusade in Europe

You lost me when you used the meme "Constitutional Republic", one more idiotic and deceptive effort by the right wing to change the essence of what we are.

We are a Democratic Republic, one established by a written constitution! A constitution which can be changed by those representatives elected by the people. To arbitrarily remove the word democratic from what we are is a political ploy, repeated by parrots,who have never considered the importance of "We the People, a phrase first uttered by those who fear the people, the Plutocrats.

I can't pass this up. I suggest you go back go American Government 101. We are a Representative Republic!!!!

There is a huge difference! Democracy means that everybody votes on everything and the majority wins, He elect people to represent the interests of people living in individual geographic locales - an entirely different process.

Gee, thanks for the referral. My BA is Poli Sci & American History - I guess those profs and TA's at CAL know nothing. Those fools differentiated democracy into pure and representative, I guess the laughs on them. Tell me oh wise one, how do we elect our city and county councils, our representatives in the the state legislatures and in the Congress. We even elect representatives who vote to elect the President of the United States? Think about it, if you can.

And if it's not to taxing, consider the People's Republic of N. Korea, then get back to me:

Constitution of North Korea - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We're not talking about North Korea's government.

LOL. Oh gee, shame on me. I thought this had evolved into a discussion on our form of government and how to describe it. And silly me, I gave an example of the dishonesty and hypocrisy of both the conservatives here and the conservatives in N. Korea. Sad it passed over your head, but ... some are willfully ignorant and others, well...

Comparing a communist country to the US is on par with your level of intelligence.

LOL, whatever my level of intelligence maybe, your's is obviously two standard deviations less.

Washington, Franklin, Madison, and the other men who gave us independence and our form of republic government never set out to create a “representative democracy.” Those men recognized in democracy a danger to freedom just as deadly as that represented by the worst despotism.

As we the people keep electing politicians who want to continue to move us more towards a form of democracy, the more of our freedoms are being lost.

You're simply repeating the contemporary meme of the current conservative movement.

Taste this quote:

Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Ronald Reagan

link: Democracy is worth dying for because it s the most deeply honorable form of government... - Ronald Reagan at BrainyQuote

"It is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world," Bush said in his inaugural address after his swearing-in ceremony."

Wow, read the quotes in the link below to see how far the Republican Party has fallen, and maybe some of those who fear democracy and hate liberals will see the light:

Examples from the link:

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”

“A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.”

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group of course that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few other Texas oil millionaires and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”

Too bad the GOP base would reject President Eisenhower today as a RINO, and too bad there is not one member of the GOP seeking their nomination as wise, as accomplished and as sage as was this former president.

I am repeating what our Founders gave us. It is not a right or left thing. It's our history.

Did anyone read the OP link?

Apparently not.

Sure, but we evolve from threads whose intent is not to seek an answer, but a statement of opinion - thus like any conversation the story line moves, especially when the opinion is controversial.
Or no one knows how to refute the bullshit in the OP, and so they derail.

Taste this quote:

Ronald Reagan

Examples from the link:

Accurately defined, a democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums. A republic, on the other hand, is a system in which the people choose representatives who, in turn, make policy decisions on their behalf. The Framers of the Constitution were altogether fearful of pure democracy. Everything they read and studied taught them that pure democracies "have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths" (Federalist No. 10 ThisNation.com--Federalist Papers No. 10).

Writing of the merits of a republican or representative form of government, James Madison observed that one of the most important differences between a democracy and a republic is "the delegation of the government [in a republic] to a small number of citizens elected by the rest." The primary effect of such a scheme, Madison continued, was to:
. . . refine and enlarge the public views by passing them through the medium of a chosen body of citizens whose wisdom may best discern the true interest of their country and whose patriotism and love of justice will be least likely to sacrifice it to temporary or partial considerations. Under such a regulation it may well happen that the public voice, pronounced by the representatives of the people, will be more consonant to the public good than if pronounced by the people themselves, convened for the same purpose (Federalist No. 10).

Later, Madison elaborated on the importance of "refining and enlarging the public views" through a scheme of representation:
There are particular moments in public affairs when the people, stimulated by some irregular passion, or some illicit advantage, or misled by the artful misrepresentations of interested men, may call for measures which they themselves will afterwards be most ready to lament and condemn. In these critical moments, how salutary will be the interference of some temperate and respectable body of citizens, in order to check the misguided career and to suspend the blow meditated by the people against themselves, until reason, justice and truth can regain their authority over the public mind(Federalist No. 63).

In the strictest sense of the word, the system of government established by the Constitution was never intended to be a "democracy." This is evident not only in the wording of the Pledge of Allegiance but in the Constitution itself which declares that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" (Article IV, Section 4). Moreover, the scheme of representation and the various mechanisms for selecting representatives established by the Constitution were clearly intended to produce a republic, not a democracy.

ThisNation.com--Is the United States a democracy

We lost our Republic when we became a nation of morons, as illustrated by on the street interviews by people of various political leanings, from Watters to Kimmel.

When a college age kid thinks Lake Erie is the eastern boundary of the US, and states that the Gulf of Mexico is "on the bottom", as I recently saw on TV, there is no hope.

So the problem is in education?
Yes.

I taught 25 years, fought PC the whole time and quit the day I made my retirement.

For the last 20, I was not allowed to use open response questioning requiring a written answer, but, forced to use multiple choice, matching, and fill-in-the blanks (with a "word bank" mandatory).

Yes that is what we have been talking about.
They are teaching them what to think and not how to think.
When students learn to memorize answers only that is not teaching them.

Apparently not.

Sure, but we evolve from threads whose intent is not to seek an answer, but a statement of opinion - thus like any conversation the story line moves, especially when the opinion is controversial.

We are discussing what the OP is about.
The structure of government is important but not as important as the power of government. That is also true of corporations. Governments and corporations are neither good nor evil by themselves.
Corporations become evil when they acquire political favoritism giving them unfair advantages over competitors and legal immunity from crimes – but exactly the same thing happens with politically connected individuals, partnerships, and associations.
There is little difference between corporations and governments except ownership of stock. Too much is made over the structure of government and too little over the principles of government. Which would we choose: a corporate government with a charter that limits its powers and with functioning mechanisms to choose our leaders – or a constitutional government in which the constitution is subverted and the electoral system is in the hands of a ruling elite?

Taste this quote:

Ronald Reagan

Examples from the link:

I am repeating what our Founders gave us. It is not a right or left thing. It's our history.

Was Jefferson and his followers opposed to democracy; have you ever heard of Democracy in America by De Tocqueville, or read Art. 1, Sec. 2 which states, "The H. of Rep. shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the People..."?

I suppose you are a Federalist, in the manner of Scalia, Thomas and Alito and thus an arch conservative. So, we can disagree even though you're wrong. I invite you to read the quotes above by a man you likely consider a RINO, President Eisenhower.

Apparently not.

The structure of government is important but not as important as the power of government. That is also true of corporations. Governments and corporations are neither good nor evil by themselves.
Corporations become evil when they acquire political favoritism giving them unfair advantages over competitors and legal immunity from crimes – but exactly the same thing happens with politically connected individuals, partnerships, and associations.
There is little difference between corporations and governments except ownership of stock. Too much is made over the structure of government and too little over the principles of government. Which would we choose: a corporate government with a charter that limits its powers and with functioning mechanisms to choose our leaders – or a constitutional government in which the constitution is subverted and the electoral system is in the hands of a ruling elite?

We are discussing the principals of our government.

We lost our Republic when we became a nation of morons, as illustrated by on the street interviews by people of various political leanings, from Watters to Kimmel.

When a college age kid thinks Lake Erie is the eastern boundary of the US, and states that the Gulf of Mexico is "on the bottom", as I recently saw on TV, there is no hope.

Stop watching TV and take a course in college. You'll discover college kids are much brighter than you've been lead to believe by the anti intellectual meme of right wing radio.

Many of them voted for Obama which proves beyond a doubt they are dumb as a brick.

We have a better form of constitutional government than our forefathers envisioned

They wanted only white, male landowners to vote

Today, we are a better representation of "We the People" than at any time in history

Apparently not.

Your post above sounds a bit like word salad, thus I find it nonsensical. One point is clear, we have a Constitutional Government, but it is a democratically elected Republic except for one unfortunate fact - the Supreme Court has become a ruling elite and under its current makeup it resembles and evil corporation, beholden to no one but stock holders - the elite - who only care about the bottom line.

D. D. Eisenhower

Last edited:

Taste this quote:

Ronald Reagan

Examples from the link:

Was Jefferson and his followers opposed to democracy; have you ever heard of Democracy in America by De Tocqueville, or read Art. 1, Sec. 2 which states, "The H. of Rep. shall be composed of members chosen every second year by the People..."?

I suppose you are a Federalist, in the manner of Scalia, Thomas and Alito and thus an arch conservative. So, we can disagree even though you're wrong. I invite you to read the quotes above by a man you likely consider a RINO, President Eisenhower.

Jeffersonians were devoted to the principles of Republicanism, especially civic duty and opposition to privilege, aristocracy and corruption.

We have a better form of constitutional government than our forefathers envisioned

Today, we are a better representation of "We the People" than at any time in history

The general idea was that those who have something invested financially in the country have more to lose and will make more careful decisions about how to govern.

Apparently not.

Your post above sounds a bit like word salad, thus I find it nonsensical. One point is clear, we have a Constitutional Government, but it is a democratically elected Republic except for one unfortunate fact - the Supreme Court has become a ruling elite and under its current makeup it resembles and evil corporation, beholden to no one but stock holders - the elite - who only care about the bottom line.

D. D. Eisenhower

The OP was about losing our Constitution by the Government becoming incorporated

The general idea was that those who have something invested financially in the country have more to lose and will make more careful decisions about how to govern.

They were wrong

Our citizens today have much more freedom than at the founding of our country

Forum List

Back