How to Practice Patience with Harm Doers

It doesn't work with them because they want to stay in their hate state. Best in that case is pull back from them and never give them a second thought.

Narcissists (ChrisL, not you) can't leave people on ignore, it diminishes the attention they require Dhara. She is reaping what she has sown.

The patience of disregarding the harm done to us by others can be cultivated:

By seeing those who harm us as objects of compassion.
By considering how all the harm done to us is the product of our own past karma.
By realizing that it is only with the help of those who harm us that we can gain the merit of practicing patience.

The reward of the practice of patience is the state of patience itself. It is peace of mind, no matter what the circumstances are.

I notice my patience with my children has grown a lot in the last couple of years. My son remarked tonight, "You're so much calmer than you used to be."

It was a sweet moment, and I savored the joy of it.

It's hard to stay patient when we're very busy, thirsty, hungry, or in chronic pain. Those are the times when we're likely to fall back into old patterns.

What does your spiritual tradition or religion teach you about patience/

This is great. I actually tried to do this last night in the flamer zone with the flamers. Didn't work though. :( They just want to hate people apparently.
It doesn't work with them because they want to stay in their hate state. Best in that case is pull back from them and never give them a second thought.

Agreed. That is why they post in the flamer zone and feel the need to be nasty and have a "victim" they can agree to hate, incapable of having an adult conversation or resolving issues in an adult manner. Sad. :( Says a lot about the kinds of people who frequent these forums, I think. Misery loves company though!
The other strategy they use is to try and separate anyone who becomes a friend or ally. When I first started posting here after being away so long I didn't go into the FZ at all. This is an enjoyable forum when you block the FZ and ignore the toxic people who never change.

Well, just remember that it's okay for them to call you nasty names and even to insinuate that you are some type of criminal, but just don't call the old people "old." They will FREAK out because THAT is REALLY bad. Lol. :D

Sometimes patience is fine but some people just need a swift kick in the ass in order to learn anything.

Is that how you were taught "lessons?" :)

A couple of times yes.

And you know what would happen if that is how you tried to teach someone else a lesson in such a way? Lol. You would probably be the one who would be paying a price. Besides, that is really not applicable when you are online. :) Kind of hard to kick butts this way.

By considering how all the harm done to us is the product of our own past karma.
By realizing that it is only with the help of those who harm us that we can gain the merit of practicing patience.

The reward of the practice of patience is the state of patience itself. It is peace of mind, no matter what the circumstances are.

I notice my patience with my children has grown a lot in the last couple of years. My son remarked tonight, "You're so much calmer than you used to be."

It's hard to stay patient when we're very busy, thirsty, hungry, or in chronic pain. Those are the times when we're likely to fall back into old patterns.

This is great. I actually tried to do this last night in the flamer zone with the flamers. Didn't work though. :( They just want to hate people apparently.
I just learned who one of their flame squad is and it has made me resolve to NEVER look at that toxic human's posts EVER.

Toxic is the perfect word. Lol. :D The place is toxic, and so are the people.
There are a few really bad apples but I know who they are now and what their about. Some go to the FZ to have fun and they aren't hateful just goof. That's not what the toxic are about. They want total annhilation of someone's self-confidence.

Agreed. That is why they post in the flamer zone and feel the need to be nasty and have a "victim" they can agree to hate, incapable of having an adult conversation or resolving issues in an adult manner. Sad. :( Says a lot about the kinds of people who frequent these forums, I think. Misery loves company though!
The other strategy they use is to try and separate anyone who becomes a friend or ally. When I first started posting here after being away so long I didn't go into the FZ at all. This is an enjoyable forum when you block the FZ and ignore the toxic people who never change.

Well, just remember that it's okay for them to call you nasty names and even to insinuate that you are some type of criminal, but just don't call the old people "old." They will FREAK out because THAT is REALLY bad. Lol. :D
Because they're all over 50.

Sometimes patience is fine but some people just need a swift kick in the ass in order to learn anything.

Is that how you were taught "lessons?" :)

A couple of times yes.

And you know what would happen if that is how you tried to teach someone else a lesson in such a way? Lol. You would probably be the one who would be paying a price. Besides, that is really not applicable when you are online. :) Kind of hard to kick butts this way.

Really? I don't believe you can always talk your way out of a bad situation. You'd better know how to use means other than words.

Specifically regarding the flame zone, I don't care.

Narcissists (ChrisL, not you) can't leave people on ignore, it diminishes the attention they require Dhara. She is reaping what she has sown.
I think she may surprise you. I just leaned who one of the ringleaders is and it is the sickest person I ever met on the internet in the entire time I've forum posted ANYWHERE.

I think she may surprise you. I just leaned who one of the ringleaders is and it is the sickest person I ever met on the internet in the entire time I've forum posted ANYWHERE.

That's not surprising. All anyone has to do is read the threads and posts there and you can clearly see that many of them are very sick and disturbed individuals.

Actually you said you had committed crimes, which you have not disclosed any further.

I just learned who one of their flame squad is and it has made me resolve to NEVER look at that toxic human's posts EVER.

Toxic is the perfect word. Lol. :D The place is toxic, and so are the people.
There are a few really bad apples but I know who they are now and what their about. Some go to the FZ to have fun and they aren't hateful just goof. That's not what the toxic are about. They want total annhilation of someone's self-confidence.

Agreed, and that much is obvious. Lol. :D Too bad they aren't nearly intelligent enough to accomplish those goals. :lol:

Have you looked at the FZ lately? They are STILL talking about me! Lol. :lol: Isn't it funny that I can just make a few posts, and they all completely fall off their old lady (or old man) rockers?

Active ignore by selecting your name in upper righthand corner.

Scroll down right side list to People you ignore, select.

Insert posters name in the box (saveliberty) and hit enter.

Have you looked at the FZ lately? They are STILL talking about me! Lol. :lol: Isn't it funny that I can just make a few posts, and they all completely fall off their old lady (or old man) rockers?
I have got this figured out. I'll PM you.

Thanks, Dhara, and thanks for your kindness. It is much appreciated and rare. Lol. :)

Thanks, Dhara, and thanks for your kindness. It is much appreciated and rare. Lol. :)

Hey, if you can get Chris to stay out of the FZ that would be awesome. A couple of folks are developing an allergy to her cheap perfume. TIA

Forum List

Back