How many people really know the intention of the second amendment and the start of the NRA

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
How many people really know the intention of the second amendment and the start of the NRA

Second amendment was written to put a check on a potential rogue Federal government. It is arms not guns. In that case we should all should be able to have all weapons of war that the Federal government has. Also, the intent was for the citizenry to be armed in case the USA was invaded. We did not have a national army. Just like the revolution, the citizenry and the state militias fought the war. The NRA organized to motivate and train the citizenry to own guns and be trained, in case they had to defend our country. They were concerned not enough people were motivated own guns.

I see a lot of revisionist history. The interpretations are if the the second amendment was written in the 20th century.

The information on the second amendment is in all history books. Too many people were not listening never finished grade school.

The 2nd Amendment right has been upheld in a dozen decisions. Analysis from the left today only looks like sour grapes. The NRA stands for freedom and legal and safe handling of firearms. Presidents used to be life members before the organization was demonized by the left wing media. More people were killed by the FBI than NRA members.

Second amendment was written to put a check on a potential rogue Federal government. It is arms not guns. In that case we should all should be able to have all weapons of war that the Federal government has. Also, the intent was for the citizenry to be armed in case the USA was invaded. We did not have a national army. Just like the revolution, the citizenry and the state militias fought the war. The NRA organized to motivate and train the citizenry to own guns and be trained, in case they had to defend our country. They were concerned not enough people were motivated own guns.

I see a lot of revisionist history. The interpretations are if the the second amendment was written in the 20th century.

The information on the second amendment is in all history books. Too many people were not listening never finished grade school.

Our firearms are, and always will be, the bulwark against anti-civil rights people like you. If you people got your wish and disarmed us, the ovens would be running within a year.

Our firearms are, and always will be, the bulwark against anti-civil rights people like you. If you people got your wish and disarmed us, the ovens would be running within a year.
Can you explain how the founding Fathers factored in Civil Rights as you define?
They were thinking about much bigger rights, inalienable rights, you dumbass.

Can you explain how the founding Fathers factored in Civil Rights as you define?
They were thinking about much bigger rights, inalienable rights, you dumbass.

And gun rights.

And gun rights.
The founding Fathers were thinking much bigger than guns. They were thinking and said "arms". Arms are all weapons of war. If you feel the 2nd amendment cannot be altered then you should be fighting for more than guns.

The founding Fathers were thinking much bigger than guns. They were thinking and said "arms". Arms are all weapons of war. If you feel the 2nd amendment cannot be altered then you should be fighting for more than guns.

I'm not fighting anyone for anything.

Just enjoying my 2nd Amendment right.

I have a Hillary target out back.

Forum List

Back