How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

And I'm sure you'll hate the guy that replaces Stewart just as much. :thup:

Rush uses satire in ways that wipes the floor with Stewart.
Rush, like Coulter, is a joke played on those who aren't smart enough to get it.

Oh, they get that. They've just foolishly shackled themselves to an article they didn't read before posting it or agreeing with it. The premise that satire is journalism is laughably bullshit. The idea that satire is jouralism that is held to the same standard as all other journalism is brain dead idiocy.

And I think even the conservatives here recognize that. But they've already committed to such a useless argument that they kind of have keep polishing a turd. Lest they have to admit that they've just got a pile of shit in their hands.
The idea that the typical American of the Daily Show Generation can tell the difference is laughable.

Hell, most of them still can't even get a decent job.

Says who? Show us your evidence that the average american can't tell that the Daily Show is satire.
I didn't say the average American could not tell the difference.

I said the average American of the Daily Show generation.

You know, the fuckers flippin' burgers and living in mommy's basement.

Okay. Can you back up either of those claims with evidence?

As it seems you've abandoned the steaming rhetorical turds of the OP articles primary arguments 1) That satire is journalism. 2) That its held to the same standard as actual journalism.

Neither of which is true.
I never said I agreed with the OP on point one or two.

But your lack of reading comprehension skills confirms my opinion that the Daily Show Generation is compose of dimwits.

Then we'll both treat the foundational assumptions of the OP article like the garbage they are.

I'm neither happy or sad to see Stewart go I never thought he was as relevant or important as a lot of people did and still do. If people took him serious as a news source I would say that says more about them then him.
Me neither. Never watched him.

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

Actually the Republicans have a satirist, but he doesn't have a show of his own that was given to him so he could spread propaganda. Dennis Miller.

There is so much you are totally wrong on.

Actually the Republicans have a satirist, but he doesn't have a show of his own that was given to him so he could spread propaganda. Dennis Miller.

Dennis Miller is a moronic puke. I can see why you would like him.

Dennis Miller is a moronic puke. I can see why you would like him.
Miller can be a funny guy but 9/11 sent his cheese off his cracker. I don't think he had ever been prepared for the world as it actually exists.

Dennis is pretty good. He's no Ron White, but he's funny.

Skyhooker get something RIGHT for a change????

tumblr_nbbcchYOUM1qa9ipko4_r1_250.gif

That's what Jon Stewart does. You might as well accuse the Onion or Saturday Night Live of bad journalism. Republicans may not be able to tell the difference between Satire and journalism. But everyone else can.

READ THE GOOFY ASS POST BELOW SKYLAR...YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

Thanks, Jon, for all the great memories. I hope you leave us with many more.

The Only Honest Name In News: Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

Ah, I see your hapless confusion. You never actually read the article:

The news that Jon Stewart will retire later this year from The Daily Show after 16 mostly brilliant years of fake news has been greeted on social media with a collective Noooooo!, or in the words of one tweet, "I regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your resignation at this time.

The Only Honest Name In News Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the Progressive Community

"Fake News". It helps if you read the article you're claiming to cite.

But tell us again how satire is journalism. And how its held to the same standard of journalism. Jon Stewart being a comedian, such silly bullshit would be appropriate to his retirement from the Daily Show.

That's what Jon Stewart does. You might as well accuse the Onion or Saturday Night Live of bad journalism. Republicans may not be able to tell the difference between Satire and journalism. But everyone else can.

READ THE GOOFY ASS POST BELOW SKYLAR...YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

Thanks, Jon, for all the great memories. I hope you leave us with many more.

The Only Honest Name In News: Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

Ah, I see your hapless confusion. You never actually read the article:

The news that Jon Stewart will retire later this year from The Daily Show after 16 mostly brilliant years of fake news has been greeted on social media with a collective Noooooo!, or in the words of one tweet, "I regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your resignation at this time.

The Only Honest Name In News Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the Progressive Community

"Fake News". It helps if you read the article you're claiming to cite.

But tell us again how satire is journalism. And how its held to the same standard of journalism. Jon Stewart being a comedian, such silly bullshit would be appropriate to his retirement from the Daily Show.
They don't like him because all too often their gullibility was the butt of the joke. It's also important to note that he brought humility and humanity to his media satire, conservatives hate humility and humanity.

He was no more dishonest than any other news. I love it when he calls out the fake patriotism stuff. That is so spot on. I've watched him efficiently take down both parties. There was just as much fact as CNN or Fox or any of the other so called major networks of which I give no credibility for they all have agendas.

Jealousy fits on you well!

Too bad for the left wing, wonder where they will now get their news.

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.

They don't like him because all too often their gullibility was the butt of the joke. It's also important to note that he brought humility and humanity to his media satire, conservatives hate humility and humanity.

Yeah, it was just last month I was sitting around thinking about how much I hate fucking humility and humanity...especially humanity.

Yeah, it was just last month I was sitting around thinking about how much I hate fucking humility and humanity...especially humanity.
I don't doubt it.

Be honest lefties. You saw Jon Stewart as a legitimate source of news analysis when you knew he was a freaking comedian on the comedy channel. You loved him because he was a leftie making fun of only republicans. Stewart had a built in excuse for lies and propaganda....he was a comedian not a serious news source and he was immune from scrutiny.

Be honest lefties. You saw Jon Stewart as a legitimate source of news analysis when you knew he was a freaking comedian on the comedy channel. You loved him because he was a leftie making fun of only republicans. Stewart had a built in excuse for lies and propaganda....he was a comedian not a serious news source and he was immune from scrutiny.
Stewart is on the left but he goes after everyone. You'd have to watch him to know that however.

Forum List

Back