How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation

Be honest lefties. You saw Jon Stewart as a legitimate source of news analysis when you knew he was a freaking comedian on the comedy channel. You loved him because he was a leftie making fun of only republicans. Stewart had a built in excuse for lies and propaganda....he was a comedian not a serious news source and he was immune from scrutiny.
Watch him. He actually says quite little. Like I've said here on the USMB, what Republicans say is endlessly entertaining. Look at my signature line. I couldn't make that stuff up. Better yet, check out "Sarah Palin Quotes". Or "legitimate rape". Or the GOP apology to BP after the Gulf Oil spill. Or their positions on health care, science, helping disaster victims, education, rebuilding America's infrastructure and so on. The mirth and gaiety are endless.

Be honest lefties. You saw Jon Stewart as a legitimate source of news analysis when you knew he was a freaking comedian on the comedy channel. You loved him because he was a leftie making fun of only republicans. Stewart had a built in excuse for lies and propaganda....he was a comedian not a serious news source and he was immune from scrutiny.
Rush uses the much the same excuse and you people take him far more seriously than anyone takes Jon Stewart.

Lets be honest, Whitehall.......you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. And you know you're completely full of shit.

But hey, given the OP, bullshit is essentially the foundation of this entire thread. So you're aligned with its theme.

Too bad for the left wing, wonder where they will now get their news.

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.
What lies did Jon tell?

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

And I'm sure you'll hate the guy that replaces Stewart just as much. :thup:

Rush uses satire in ways that wipes the floor with Stewart.
Rush lies.
One lie that comes to mind is when Rush said, "And don't forget, Sherrod Brown is black. There's a racial component here, too."

Limbaugh invented racial component to Hackett s decision to withdraw from Ohio primary race Video Media Matters for America

Last edited:
Watch him. He actually says quite little. Like I've said here on the USMB, what Republicans say is endlessly entertaining. Look at my signature line. I couldn't make that stuff up. Better yet, check out "Sarah Palin Quotes". Or "legitimate rape". Or the GOP apology to BP after the Gulf Oil spill. Or their positions on health care, science, helping disaster victims, education, rebuilding America's infrastructure and so on. The mirth and gaiety are endless.
Yes, it's part of his genius. He basically supplies a comedic reaction to clips taken from the "serious media". He's not making up the story, he is just showing how ridiculous the political/media world often can be.

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

The difference is that Rush isn't being satirical, he isn't kidding, he really is a big fat bigoted racist asshole.

I enjoyed that show. Especially enjoy him taking on stuff others won't. I remember in 2012 him talking about the MSM skipping talking about Ron Paul who came in 2nd I believe in Iowa Straw Poll...dude cracked me up.

The difference is that Rush isn't being satirical, he isn't kidding, he really is a big fat bigoted racist asshole.
Rush supplies a basic service to conservatives, he gives them a plausible (to them) rationale not to give a shit about anyone but rich people.

Yes, you just can't have liberalism without the LIES!

RushLiberalismLIES_large.jpg

Can't say conservatism without "con" and it's right there in the front all together.

Can't say conservatism without "con" and it's right there in the front all together.

Or democRAT without a BIG RAT following!

I enjoyed that show. Especially enjoy him taking on stuff others won't. I remember in 2012 him talking about the MSM skipping talking about Ron Paul who came in 2nd I believe in Iowa Straw Poll...dude cracked me up.
That sounds like small potatoes. I like it when he made Fox and Sean Hannity apologize for lying.

While we're playing this game, switch the r and e in liberalism and you have realism without the lib

While we're playing this game, switch the r and e in liberalism and you have realism without the lib

Doesn't seem to fit the others...but Liberals are always out of synch!

Is that another catch phrase you heard from Rush? He's full of them you know.

Well, he used LIES, others claim, and rightly so, it's a MENTAL DISORDER...I thought I was being nice to you Pond Scum!

Well, he used LIES, others claim, and rightly so, it's a MENTAL DISORDER...I thought I was being nice to you Pond Scum!

Why do you even bother posting on a public forum? It's not as though you ever have anything interesting or intelligent to say. You're like watching an old sitcom on TV, I can usually guess what your next brilliant line will be.

Why do you even bother posting on a public forum? It's not as though you ever have anything interesting or intelligent to say. You're like watching an old sitcom on TV, I can usually guess what your next brilliant line will be.

I enjoy watching you Pond Scum get all tied up in yourselves, as unimportant as you are! Of course you've heard this before, it's common knowledge, and posted here everyday by Patriots! Of which, you don't appear to be!...Did you guess that line also?

I like the irony when he takes the side of law and order.

Forum List

Back