Can terrorism ever be justified?

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
Two possibilities I was thinking of:
  1. Freedom fighters in oppressive countries
  2. Eco-terrorism where the terrorist prevented something that would have been worse than his/her act of terrorism
Are either of these logical? Are there any instances of this happening in history?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
images-4.jpeg

2. Eco-terrorism where the terrorist prevented something that would have been worse than his/her act of terrorism
Are either of these logical? Are there any instances of this happening in history?

images-4.jpeg
Can terrorism ever be justified?
you should ask Deputy Marshal Raylan Givens ........

images-4.jpeg
Can it be justified? We had no issues with that at all. See Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. All justified still to this day, according to the vast majority of Americans.

And the Jews had no issues killing their own in Iraq to spur migration to Israel. Terror works, if you do it right.

images-4.jpeg
Can it be justified? We had no issues with that at all. See Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. All justified still to this day, according to the vast majority of Americans.

And the Jews had no issues killing their own in Iraq to spur migration to Israel. Terror works, if you do it right.
We honor the French resistance when what they did was terrorism if you happened to be a Nazi occupier or collaborator.

images-4.jpeg

We honor the French resistance when what they did was terrorism if you happened to be a Nazi occupier or collaborator.

Arabs kill their own all of the time. Otherwise, it depends on what your definition of terrorism, is is.

images-4.jpeg
When terrorism succeeds, it's usually when governments are likely to make concessions and when they can not illustrate a credible resolve to expend a lot of effort going after terrorists the causes are widely seen as legitimate.
So the answer to your question is: not really. Terrorism is unethical but also an ineffective way to achieve political goals relative to other methods.

images-4.jpeg
NO!

The ends do not justify the means

images-4.jpeg

As usually defined, terrorism can never be justified because it's directed at non-combatants. If you're a freedom fighter, or irregular militant forces fighting another militant force or military, that'd be justifable. But if you're attacking civilians not fighting themselves, you're a pos terrorist.

images-4.jpeg

No. Terrorism is always killng innocent people.

images-4.jpeg

It all depends.

The zionists terrorized the Palestinian Arabs and the British from 1925 until 1949 - that terrorism is justified because they are the "chosen ones".

The Muslims decided to RETALIATE -- but that is considered TERRORISM because they are not the "chosen ones", they don't control the US Media nor US politicians.

Next question , please.

Last edited:
Depends on what you define terrorism as. Is it an insurgent planting an IED for a convoy? Is is targeting a school full of children?

First, we need to get rid of the terrorist in this Country, they are in Washington! Then, we need too kick ass, and put all terrorist under the ground! They will not stop, it goes back to the Muslim terrorist pirates, yes dear, it will not stop!!!

First, we need to get rid of the terrorist in this Country, they are in Washington! Then, we need too kick ass, and put all terrorist under the ground! They will not stop, it goes back to the Muslim terrorist pirates, yes dear, it will not stop!!!
Alright, how can we act? Rioting? Demanding for impeachment? This will make no result except broken teeth.

Forum List

Back