How does Ukraine still have fuel oil?

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
This is my big question. I cannot figure out how Ukraine is supplying its fleet of vehicles. It's farmers can't get diesel I know that.

But there's a natural "info black out" on the particulars. Wondering if anyone has ideas.

Pipelines don't flow to the east.

And I don't really see evidence of tanker convoys.

Bunker supplies dwindling?

This is my big question. I cannot figure out how Ukraine is supplying its fleet of vehicles. It's farmers can't get diesel I know that.

Wow, really?

All governments stockpile such things, it is commonly known as the "strategic reserve".

This is the amount kept in storage for use by the government and military. And never sold to the population other than at extreme need. But even in the US, many times Presidents have released the "stretigic reserve" as a means to lower oil prices.

• Banned
Wow, really?

All governments stockpile such things, it is commonly known as the "strategic reserve".

This is the amount kept in storage for use by the government and military. And never sold to the population other than at extreme need. But even in the US, many times Presidents have released the "stretigic reserve" as a means to lower oil prices.

This is your fucking answer?

Russia has blown up a majority of Ukrainian fuel storage. And HOW is it getting distributed?

My bet is part of the Kiev move is that Ukraine can't fuel their vehicles to go the 400km to the Donbas front.

This is your fucking answer?

Russia has blown up a majority of Ukrainian fuel storage. And HOW is it getting distributed?

My bet is part of the Kiev move is that Ukraine can't fuel their vehicles to go the 400km to the Donbas front.

It is a fact. And it is impossible to blow them all up. Only the largest ones.

As for how it is distributed, it is known as a "truck". As well as a "pipeline".

Going to the Donbas front is pointless, when it is firmly in the hands of the Russians. Better to do what they have been, and playing the defense. That is less expensive militarily, and causes more casualties to the enemy.

• Banned
It is a fact. And it is impossible to blow them all up. Only the largest ones.

As for how it is distributed, it is known as a "truck". As well as a "pipeline".

Going to the Donbas front is pointless, when it is firmly in the hands of the Russians. Better to do what they have been, and playing the defense. That is less expensive militarily, and causes more casualties to the enemy.
You still sound like a fucking moron. Russia controls the skies so trucking is hard. Pipelines don't just "reverse flow" you obviously don't know how they work.

But there's a natural "info black out" on the particulars. Wondering if anyone has ideas.

Pipelines don't flow to the east.

And I don't really see evidence of tanker convoys.

Bunker supplies dwindling?

My guess is they are taking it from the Russians who are running away.

You still sound like a fucking moron. Russia controls the skies so trucking is hard. Pipelines don't just "reverse flow" you obviously don't know how they work.

Maybe your Russian allies are lying to you?

No like all of the Russian vehicles being used by the Ukrainian patriots.
Propaganda, but you wouldn't know your ass from a hole in the ground. You don't even believe the US when they say that Russia has control of the skies. You're such an indoctrinated beta cuck

Propaganda, but you wouldn't know your ass from a hole in the ground. You don't even believe the US when they say that Russia has control of the skies. You're such an indoctrinated beta cuck

Sure. I also understand that when you intentionally target civilians that payback is a stone cold bitch.

Partisan activity is going to kill a lot of your pals, comrade.

Maybe you should go serve in the trenches instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

Bitch.

Russia does not control the skies as evidenced by the SU-35S with the latest and greatest jamming pods that was shot down near Izium a few days ago. That's the crown jewel of Russian SEAD capability and supposed to be able to defeat any missile that Ukraine could throw at it.

That got the Indian Air Force's attention big time.

200 sorties a day is nothing. Neither side is flying much, and both sides are staying low (which burns fuel like mad in fast jets and gives you a very small combat radius).

The US flew more than 41,000 sorties in Iraq between March 19 and April 18 of 2003. About 15K of those were fighters and bombers, the rest was C2ISR, refueling, transports, airlift, etc. Everything is coordinated with ground defenses so you don;t shoot down your own guys, and pilots have 10-15 second windows to execute their strikes on target. And did it almost perfectly.

That's what controlling the skies looks like.

Ukrainian farmers don't have fuel because it's being diverted to the military. But Ukraine is not a maneuver army, you are not going to see big tank formations slugging it out. They attack on foot because the Russian formations don't have infantry support. They sneak up and hit the column with ATGM's and when the infantry dismount they get hit with arty. Rinse, repeat.

Memo to Russian commanders- APC's are for giving infantry a ride to the fight. You have to get out and protect the tanks when you get there, lol.

Both sides are targeting the other side's fuel depots, but the logistical problem is Russia's more than Ukraine's because Russian forces are road bound. Russian forces have to advance, and face constant harassment from the defenders.

You are aware that there are internal pipelines that have nothing to do with the international distribution, do you not? We have thousands of them right here in the US for just that purpose. Not all pipelines are huge operations like that in Canada.

And Russia does not "control the skies" to the extent that no traffic is moving. And they do not have to move, just be parked somewhere and have the other vehicles come to them.

Then there is this other magical device that you must not have ever heard of. It's commonly called a "Jerry Can".

213245m2_ts.jpg

This is what was used to fuel most of the military during WWII.

jerrycan-assembly-point-in-normandy.jpg

As I have already stated, you know absolutely nothing of logistics, and are just a troll. But this forum is mostly where the Big Boys talk about serious military topics, in a serious way. If you want to act the troll, head down to the political threads. There you have a lot that would love to play with you I am sure.

Russia flew 250 sorties yesterday per the US

That simply means they flew that many missions. And typically, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of those will actually be combat missions.

The rest will be recon and observation, transporting personnel, medivac, logistical flights, and many others.

So of 250 sorties, figure 125 or so were actually on a combat operation of some sort. And of those, figure around 1/3 are simply maintaining a CAP, so that is now around 80 actual combat missions. And not all of them will find designated targets to engage.

Both sides are targeting the other side's fuel depots, but the logistical problem is Russia's more than Ukraine's because Russian forces are road bound. Russian forces have to advance, and face constant harassment from the defenders.

Plus it is the same as those fools who think the US should have invaded the Soviets after WWII.

As the Russians advance, their supply lines stretch, and it becomes harder to get materials to the front. And inversely, the Ukraine supply lines are shrinking, making the distances to the front shorter. Most who really understand how the military works concentrate on logistics more than the number of tanks or aircraft missions flown per day. And the Russians have always had a problem with their logistics.

They were so unprepared for the German attack during WWII that they were barely kept alive by the US. And only because the US sent them over 4,000 trucks and 2,000 locomotives and train cars. The Soviets had a lot of men and equipment, but almost no way to move and supply them efficiently. And the Soviet leadership admitted as much, that logistics was their largest hurdle to fighting the Germans.

And the funny thing is, they have still never learned much from that lesson. And they are paying for it now.

Forum List

Back