The US Is Exporting Record Oil And Fuel Even As East Coast Faces Shortages

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The US exported a record amount of crude and fuel last week, even as the East Coast grapples with shortages of both diesel and gasoline.

Total petroleum shipments reached 11.4 million barrels a day, according to the Energy Information Administration, with exports of gasoline and diesel jumping to two-week highs. At the same time, domestic fuel inventories are at historic seasonal lows with pockets along the East Coast running out of -- or rationing -- supplies.

I wonder how much of the bribe money from the exporters going to Republicans, is being used for gas shortage campaign ads? Anyone?

The US exported a record amount of crude and fuel last week, even as the East Coast grapples with shortages of both diesel and gasoline.

Total petroleum shipments reached 11.4 million barrels a day, according to the Energy Information Administration, with exports of gasoline and diesel jumping to two-week highs. At the same time, domestic fuel inventories are at historic seasonal lows with pockets along the East Coast running out of -- or rationing -- supplies.

I wonder how much of the bribe money from the exporters going to Republicans, is being used for gas shortage campaign ads? Anyone?

True. US exports have hit a record high and Europe has a glut of natural gas.

Bribe money?

This is what free market capitalism brings, the oil/NG is sold to the highest bidder.

The only way to stop this is to nationalize the industry.

Crapitalism at its finest.

On one hand, I can't blame the sellers...it's what they do; make money for their business and shareholders.

On the other hand, if we--the US Government--can spend Billions to support Ukraine, use some of those Billions to buy this petroleum (I presume it's crude oil) if it can be converted into heating fuel (I've never had a house where you needed heating oil so I don't know the ins and outs of it).

All you collectivist proggies come on here & act like this was all caused by the free markets.
When a brain dead meat puppet takes office & says he will shut down fossil fuels, you blame the private sector when they refuse to invest the $ needed to produce more & the prices spike.

You all are so clueless about economics & the actual harms the idiot policies you support always cause.
We would still have energy independence if it wasn't for the corrupt politicians you all love doing the green energy circle jerk to a pipedream

You want to know why supplies are short at home & prices are killing us?
Look in the mirror

bidenfossilfuel.jpeg

All you collectivist proggies come on here & act like this was all caused by the free markets.
When a brain dead meat puppet takes office & says he will shut down fossil fuels, you blame the private sector when they refuse to invest the $ needed to produce more & the prices spike.

You all are so clueless about economics & the actual harms the idiot policies you support always cause.
We would still have energy independence if it wasn't for the corrupt politicians you all love doing the green energy circle jerk to a pipedream

But they are invest the $ needed to produce more and they are indeed producing more. We are producing record amounts of NG and oil is getting there and before the end of 2023 will be above where it was before the COVID dive.

The problem is not with US production, but that the rest of the world has not even gotten back to 2018 levels.

And using the definition given during the previous admin, we still have energy independence

You want to know why supplies are short at home & prices are killing us?
Look in the mirror

View attachment 716327

Exactly. Pushing the green agenda before the market adapts to it organically is market interference. That is nearly always going to roil markets.

These idiots are jerking with the energy sector, which underpins just about everything in one way or another, then wonder why the market is a mess. They broke it, that's why. Keep voting for them and it will only get worse.

But they are invest the $ needed to produce more and they are indeed producing more. We are producing record amounts of NG and oil is getting there and before the end of 2023 will be above where it was before the COVID dive.

The problem is not with US production, but that the rest of the world has not even gotten back to 2018 levels.

And using the definition given during the previous admin, we still have energy independence
You will not be forgiven. Never. You may win elections because of stupidity. But never forgiven again.

You will not be forgiven. Never. You may win elections because of stupidity. But never forgiven again.

I really wish you would not post drunk post this early in the morning. I have no fucking clue what you are trying to say

I really wish you would not post drunk post this early in the morning. I have no fucking clue what you are trying to say
Progs caused this. Slight interruptions in energy have ripples. For more than a half century i have read one way or the other. Interference in any way even slight causes price increases. Politicians get in the way. The middlemen who are self-important.

Progs caused this. Slight interruptions in energy have ripples. For more than a half century i have read one way or the other. Interference in any way even slight causes price increases. Politicians get in the way. The middlemen who are self-important.

They are part of the cause for sure. But not they alone, the other side is equally complicit.

But that does not explain why I need forgiveness for voting for Jo Jorgensen

Poopeypants said he was going to shut them down and refuses to work with them to create a solution. As usual, you Dims have ruined it for the rest of us.

Poopeypants said he was going to shut them down and refuses to work with them to create a solution. As usual, you Dims have ruined it for the rest of us.

He did say that, and as his is SOP, he failed at doing so.

We are producing more NG than any point in history and within a few months the same will be said about oil.

The problem is not production in the US, but in the rest of the world that is still behind 2018 levels after the COVID slashing of production.

Who is president and allowing this to happen? Who controls Congress now?

They are part of the cause for sure. But not they alone, the other side is equally complicit.

But that does not explain why I need forgiveness for voting for Jo Jorgensen
I voted third party a couple of times. It seems like a wasted vote with the forced two-party system. Democracy now for Progs is a mandate even with near 50/50 power.

BS. Our prices are directly related to the push for the green energy fantasy pushed by the left.
Our refinery capacities are shrinking & they are converting diesel production to bio-fuel crap.
Diesel powers the country & reducing supplies is a main driver of inflation.

Much like the rest of the sky high inflation, this is directly due to govt policies, regulations, lawsuits & proggy promises to the renewable energy eco fascists.
Try that crap on someone that has been brain damaged by the clot shots because the rest of us still think on our own & base our knowledge on actual facts

Who is president and allowing this to happen? Who controls Congress now?

This is not something the Govt "allows" or not, unless of course you are pushing for nationalization of the industry?

Otherwise the companies choose where to sell their product, not the US Govt

Due in part to refineries not being set up to handle light sweet crude and refineries have been closing.oooopppps

Crapitalism at its finest.

On one hand, I can't blame the sellers...it's what they do; make money for their business and shareholders.

On the other hand, if we--the US Government--can spend Billions to support Ukraine, use some of those Billions to buy this petroleum (I presume it's crude oil) if it can be converted into heating fuel (I've never had a house where you needed heating oil so I don't know the ins and outs of it).
BS. Our prices are directly related to the push for the green energy fantasy pushed by the left.
Our refinery capacities are shrinking & they are converting diesel production to bio-fuel crap.
Diesel powers the country & reducing supplies is a main driver of inflation.

Much like the rest of the sky high inflation, this is directly due to govt policies, regulations, lawsuits & proggy promises to the renewable energy eco fascists.
Try that crap on someone that has been brain damaged by the clot shots because the rest of us still think on our own & base our knowledge on actual facts

Wrong again oh one who knows nothing.

Energy prices and shortages are 100% the responsibility of producers, and refiners.

The repeal of regulations prohibiting the exportation of oil and refined fuel is 100% Republican.

Wrong again oh one who knows nothing.

Energy prices and shortages are 100% the responsibility of producers, and refiners.

The repeal of regulations prohibiting the exportation of oil and refined fuel is 100% Republican.
More baloney from the skews propaganda sausage factory.....

Forum List

Back