How do we fix this?

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
I was just watching some video of deluded Trump supporters who were at the Capital on 1/6. Repeating all the usual myths about voting machines being hooked up to the internet, votes gone missing, votes being changed, a rehash of the false accusations Trump made for months. A rehash of the untruths pushed on Faux about the Dominion machines. Not to pick on Faux. Many right wing media outlets reinforced the charges of voter fraud either directly or by innuendo. Many still are.

Millions of Trump's base supporters still believe this, as Bill Barr said, "bullshit."

We can't have a significant percent of the population be detached from reality if we are going to successfully govern ourselves. Self governance requires hard work, participation, being informed on the issues no matter what your position on them is. It requires informed debate so people get a chance to hear both sides of the issues we need to design solutions for.

At this point, we have become dysfunctional in our collective ability to debate issues because we can't agree what the facts are. How can we shore up our election procedures to ensure fairness if we can't agree what the problems are? How can we solve the problem of climate change if we can't even agree it's a problem?

I offer no solutions because I am pessimistic about the efficacy of available remedies. The reason, the mixed messages from media outlets leaving their audiences with a choice of which narrative to consume and therefore believe. One side saying Trump won the election, climate change in the era we now live in is not man made, gun control equates to gun confiscation, and more outrageous falsehoods like China owns Biden, Obama is a Muslim, and Dem's eat babies. Unfortunately, many on the Right have become the political equivalent of National Enquirer readers. Attracted by sensationalism and absent critical thought.

For those optimists out there who disagree with me, I invite you to read the replies from the conservatives on the board.

We can't have a significant percent of the population be detached from reality if we are going to successfully govern ourselves. Self governance requires hard work, participation, being informed on the issues no matter what your position on them is. It requires informed debate so people get a chance to hear both sides of the issues we need to design solutions for.
I can't believe that an unhinged, low-information crackpot like you posted this chickenshit in any seriousness.

I was just watching some video of deluded Trump supporters who were at the Capital on 1/6. Repeating all the usual myths about voting machines being hooked up to the internet, votes gone missing, votes being changed, a rehash of the false accusations Trump made for months. A rehash of the untruths pushed on Faux about the Dominion machines. Not to pick on Faux. Many right wing media outlets reinforced the charges of voter fraud either directly or by innuendo. Many still are.

Millions of Trump's base supporters still believe this, as Bill Barr said, "bullshit."

At this point, we have become dysfunctional in our collective ability to debate issues because we can't agree what the facts are. How can we shore up our election procedures to ensure fairness if we can't agree what the problems are? How can we solve the problem of climate change if we can't even agree it's a problem?

I offer no solutions because I am pessimistic about the efficacy of available remedies. The reason, the mixed messages from media outlets leaving their audiences with a choice of which narrative to consume and therefore believe. One side saying Trump won the election, climate change in the era we now live in is not man made, gun control equates to gun confiscation, and more outrageous falsehoods like China owns Biden, Obama is a Muslim, and Dem's eat babies. Unfortunately, many on the Right have become the political equivalent of National Enquirer readers. Attracted by sensationalism and absent critical thought.

For those optimists out there who disagree with me, I invite you to read the replies from the conservatives on the board.

Hillary Clinton's "solution" was to kill all the Trump voters. Is that what you're advocating?

You had a fucking chance and blew it. All you had to do was let the trials go to court and show everyone just how above the board all your votes really were. Provide the proof, provide the numbers, provide the ballots in question. But no. You decided to fight every recount and every investigation tooth and nail. You had your fucking chance! And wasted it.

Why would someone be against showing their ID to vote?
Why do Democrats demand to count ballots behind closed doors?
Why do gay men and transsexual men demand to talk to elementary kids about gay sex?
Why don't Democrat Voters understand that printing $trillions$ of dollars caused inflation?
Why do Democrat Voters not understand that reducing the supply of gasoline increases the price of gasoline?

Re-education camps. Leftists love putting people in re-education camps.

You had a fucking chance and blew it. All you had to do was let the trials go to court and show everyone just how above the board all your votes really were. Provide the proof, provide the numbers, provide the ballots in question. But no. You decided to fight every recount and every investigation tooth and nail. You had your fucking chance! And wasted it.
THE 2020 ELECTION WAS THE MOST SECURE IN HISTORY YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE THE DEMOCRAT WON

Yes. They really do believe that.

I can't believe that an unhinged, low-information crackpot like you posted this chickenshit in any seriousness.

You came through like a champ.

THE 2020 ELECTION WAS THE MOST SECURE IN HISTORY YOU CAN TELL BECAUSE THE DEMOCRAT WON
You do realize it was a Trump appointee who said that, right? And his reward for his honesty..........

Felony indictments for voter fraud is how you stop it.

Buchanan County supervisor Trey Adkins indicted on election fraud, embezzlement​

charges:

• 34 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
  • 11 counts of Absentee Voting Procedure Violation
  • 8 counts of Public Embezzlement
  • 11 counts of Forgery of Public Record
  • 15 counts of Uttering Public Record
  • 3 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement – Election Fraud
Sherry Lynn Bailey was indicted on 12 different felony charges:

• 4 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
  • 4 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement
  • 4 counts of Forgery of Public Record
Buchanan County supervisor Trey Adkins indicted on election fraud, embezzlement

Re-education camps. Leftists love putting people in re-education camps.
That's not what I suggested. I simply pointed out the difficulty of self governance when a large constituency of the POT believes in nonsense.

You do realize it was a Trump appointee who said that, right? And his reward for his honesty..........

I don't give a damn who said it. If it was the most secure election in history, Democrats should have had no problem proving it.

But no, they've done everything they can to keep the process hidden. And they wonder why people don't trust them.

And?

Someone has to be the highest. Who was the highest before?
True. But you don’t even have questions how so many Mail in ballots came in after hours? Even in states like Georgia where the counting had supposedly been stopped for the night? You have no interest in that at all?

I don't give a damn who said it. If it was the most secure election in history, Democrats should have had no problem proving it.

But no, they've done everything they can to keep the process hidden. And they wonder why people don't trust them.
You folks are proving my point with every post you write.

Forum List

Back