How did Floyd physically get pinned by 3 officers in the first place?

5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)

DEFINITIONS I.

Choke Hold:
Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person’s trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)

The policeman was following procedure, per Minneapolis City standard.

The below photo shows 3 officers holding Floyd down. Why?

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

Is it possible as this black economist points out that this is the problem?
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
compared to 6.5 percent of White children.
The figures reflect a general trend:
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

The answer is "No" and "No.

As always, you blame the victims. The first question asked of any rape victim is "What were you wearing?". Not "What happened". When Brock Turner dragged that poor unconscious woman behind the dumpster and raped her, right wingers said "She shouldn't have gotten drunk".

Every time a middle class white kid commits a crime, it's "boys will be boys". Ryan Lochte got drunk, pissed on the side of a building and pulled all kinds of bullshit crimes at the Brazil Olympics, and it's "boys will be boys". Ryan Lochte is a 32 year old man, who has been travelling abroad to represent the USA since he was a teenager. He knows better and he didn't care. Nothing bad ever happens to rich white boys.

But Simone Biles stood at attention while the National Anthem played, without putting her hand on her heart, and she was attacked mercilessly for being "unAmerican", and "disrespectful to the flag".Her unpatriotic behaviour was a "disgrace" to the nation.

Ryan Lochte's behaviour was a "disgrace to the nation". Simone Biles did her nation proud on every level. She did absolutely nothing but cover herself, her team, and her nation in glory.

It's very likely he resisted arrest. That's supported by one of the assholes asking him if he's ready to enter the car this time. It's also likely he was confrontational to begin with. To what level is a mystery at the moment.

The guy is down, he's cuffed, out-numbered and was obviously murdered by a nut-bag who probably has a leading role among the group, plain and simple. A cop's job can be highly stressful, especially in demonicrat controlled turfs where people are drugged out and there's so much crime. Some guys can't handle it. Personally I think the guy is due 5-7 years prison time, no pension, community service, and he can really use professional help. The dude is fucked, but I guess we can pretend he's not for purposes of PROG-think.

Last edited:
It's very likely he resisted arrest. That's supported by one of the assholes asking him if he's ready to enter the car this time. It's also likely he was confrontational to begin with.

That said, the guy is down, he's cuffed and out-numbered. The cop murdered him, plain and simple. A cop's job can be highly stressful, especially in demonicrat controlled turfs where people are drugged out and there's so much crime. Some guys can't handle it. Personally I think the guy is due 5-6 years prison time, no pension, community service, and he can use some professional help. The dude is fucked, but I guess we can pretend he's not for purposes of PROG-think.
the report said he was in the car and they pulled him back out and took him down,,,

Justice for Trayvon Martin? How about Justice for James Whitehead? James Whitehead was a white veteran who had recently come back from war. Orange, TX Police Officer Robert Arnold (who has a history of violence) shot and killed unarmed James Whitehead. Arnold is black. Arnold was not in his uniform and did not have a badge.

Doesn't suit the agenda, try again.

It's very likely he resisted arrest. That's supported by one of the assholes asking him if he's ready to enter the car this time. It's also likely he was confrontational to begin with.

That said, the guy is down, he's cuffed and out-numbered. The cop murdered him, plain and simple. A cop's job can be highly stressful, especially in demonicrat controlled turfs where people are drugged out and there's so much crime. Some guys can't handle it. Personally I think the guy is due 5-6 years prison time, no pension, community service, and he can use some professional help. The dude is fucked, but I guess we can pretend he's not for purposes of PROG-think.
the report said he was in the car and they pulled him back out and took him down,,,

Interesting. Either way those officers are fucked, especially the one.

That should be the real question. What caused him getting pinned?

The officers have Floyd sit on the sidewalk for a short time, then walk him across the street to where their squad car is parked, along with that of two other officers who had recently arrived.

The video was released by Rashad West, owner of Dragon Wok restaurant. He told CNN that he “did not see any resistance, not at all.” There is no audio; Floyd’s facial expression can be read as distressed, but he does not appear to be yelling or acting aggressively.

Cup Foods owner Mahmoud Abumayyaleh says video from his store also shows Floyd was not resisting officers. He said authorities have asked him not to release the video.

Read: Full criminal complaint against Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd

The surveillance video does not show what happened across the street, where the officers asked Floyd to get in the squad car. The district attorney’s report cites the account given by police: “Mr. Floyd did not voluntarily get in the car and struggled with the officers by intentionally falling down, saying he was not going in the car, and refusing to stand still.”

Floyd ended up pinned to the ground by Officer Derek Chauvin.

On bystanders’ video, Floyd complains of pain and of not being able to breathe as Chauvin keeps a knee on his neck. Onlookers are heard urging Chauvin to let him up.

Floyd then goes silent. Police said in their statement this week that officers “noted (Floyd) appeared to be suffering medical distress” and called an ambulance. He was declared dead at a hospital a short time later.

A medics team that responded to the incident worked on an “unresponsive, pulseless male,” according to a Minneapolis Fire Department narrative released by police.

The Minneapolis Park Police, whose officers provided assistance at the scene, have released redacted bodycam video. Most of it takes place after Floyd has been taken away by the officers from the city force. At the end of it, the unidentified park officer tells Floyd’s two companions, “Just stay put, all right, until my partners and them are done over there and they can figure things out. We’ll figure things out all right. Right now, we’re grabbing an ambulance for your buddy.”

Minneapolis police have not yet released bodycam footage.

The below photo shows 3 officers holding Floyd down. Why?

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

Is it possible as this black economist points out that this is the problem?
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
compared to 6.5 percent of White children.
The figures reflect a general trend:
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

The answer is "No" and "No.

As always, you blame the victims. The first question asked of any rape victim is "What were you wearing?". Not "What happened". When Brock Turner dragged that poor unconscious woman behind the dumpster and raped her, right wingers said "She shouldn't have gotten drunk".

Every time a middle class white kid commits a crime, it's "boys will be boys". Ryan Lochte got drunk, pissed on the side of a building and pulled all kinds of bullshit crimes at the Brazil Olympics, and it's "boys will be boys". Ryan Lochte is a 32 year old man, who has been travelling abroad to represent the USA since he was a teenager. He knows better and he didn't care. Nothing bad ever happens to rich white boys.

But Simone Biles stood at attention while the National Anthem played, without putting her hand on her heart, and she was attacked mercilessly for being "unAmerican", and "disrespectful to the flag".Her unpatriotic behaviour was a "disgrace" to the nation.

Ryan Lochte's behaviour was a "disgrace to the nation". Simone Biles did her nation proud on every level. She did absolutely nothing but cover herself, her team, and her nation in glory.

ALL ANECDOTAL!!! Doesn't happen ALL the time! Yet idiots make the EXCEPTION the RULE and as a result we have dumb behavior such as this!
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.12.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.11.31 AM.png

He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.

Cuffs are on fights over PERIOD the end. There is zero reason to restrain a man that way when they are already caught and ready to stuffed In a car.
We will see what toxicology reports state. If there were levels of certain chemicals in his system it could be argued that the man had to be restrained for his own safety.

It will be an argument that will fail. That cop was toast three days ago. They all but have to hang him now.

He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.

Cuffs are on fights over PERIOD the end. There is zero reason to restrain a man that way when they are already caught and ready to stuffed In a car.
We will see what toxicology reports state. If there were levels of certain chemicals in his system it could be argued that the man had to be restrained for his own safety.

It will be an argument that will fail. That cop was toast three days ago. They all but have to hang him now.
Oh the irony.

I do things every day without fear, because I am privileged, and I am privileged every day because I am white.

Being not racist is not enough, we must be anti racist.
Social change is enacted when a society mobilizes.
I stand in solidarity with all of those protesting.
I’m donating to help post bail for arrested organizers.
Look inwards, educate yourself and others.
LISTEN, READ, SHARE, DONATE and VOTE.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

He was murdered.

Period
Why? Did the officers and (I include all 3 in this?) immediately throw Floyd to the ground? Why did 3 grown men have to hold down a 6'6" former tight end?
The question you should be asking is why did one officer choke him to death by crushing his windpipe and the others did nothing to stop him.

Ask the right questions.
Oh I agree! 3 Officers pinning down a 6'6" former tight end does seem to be without cause. Why? Was Floyd also held down because he was black?
Yes. Because he was Black and they were in fear of him. Norm Stamper wrote a book on this.

How do you know Floyd was ready to be "stuffed" ? Have you seen any video of the scuffle that occurred before Floyd was put on the ground? That is my point. Cops just don't throw you to the ground and cuff you and put a knee to your neck immediately. Unless the Cops' lives were in danger. Do we know? But most importantly of all of this... why in the hell is the color of the skin have anything to do with it?
Or is it intelligence that keeps most handcuffed white men from resisting arrest?
Or is it that as Chris Rock says..
How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

"Cops just don't throw you to the ground and cuff you and put a knee to your neck immediately. Unless the Cops' lives were in danger. "

Bullshit. It must be nice to grow up and not think "this is just what they do." I have seen this same exact scene countless times before I hit puberty. They do this to Black kids as young as 12 years old.

Forum List

Back