How did Floyd physically get pinned by 3 officers in the first place?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The below photo shows 3 officers holding Floyd down. Why?

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

Is it possible as this black economist points out that this is the problem?
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
compared to 6.5 percent of White children.
The figures reflect a general trend:
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 7.53.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 7.53.07 AM.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 118
Just to clarify my thread. Do ALL police officers in the USA see a black and immediately stop and throw the black to the ground with no cause?

I've been asking this for the last couple of days.
When they had Mr Floyd on the sidewalk handcuffed the scene was relatively quiet and under control. The officers then moved on to place him in the squad car.
The next scene then is Mr Floyd is on the ground with the officer's foot on his neck.
What happened ?
Somewhere between moving him from the sidewalk to the squad car, something changed, something happened.

He was murdered.

Period
Why? Did the officers and (I include all 3 in this?) immediately throw Floyd to the ground? Why did 3 grown men have to hold down a 6'6" former tight end?
The question you should be asking is why did one officer choke him to death by crushing his windpipe and the others did nothing to stop him.

Ask the right questions.

He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.

When they had Mr Floyd on the sidewalk handcuffed the scene was relatively quiet and under control. The officers then moved on to place him in the squad car.
The next scene then is Mr Floyd is on the ground with the officer's foot on his neck.
What happened ?
Somewhere between moving him from the sidewalk to the squad car, something changed, something happened.
You can bet that at least one of those officers had a body cam on. This is known...they are gonna walk...and then they are going to sue the shit out of the city for 'knee jerk' wrongful termination.
Just give it time.

What happened ?
Thank YOU! I appreciate your thoughts and it is entirely possible that Derek Chauvin, the officer that kneed Floyd, who also KNEW Floyd from their joint employment at th El Nuevo Rodeo Club in Minneapolis. Maybe Floyd knew something about Chauvin and this was the way Chauvin could eliminate Floyd's knowledge? I don't know but there is more to this story than all the rioters even consider!

He was resisting...this will all come out in court...along with department procedure for safely detaining suspects. Add to that the guy's preexisting conditions which the officers were not privy to...most of these guys are gonna walk.
If i lived in any of the areas being destroyed I would move the fuck out because if they are found not guilty it will be 10X worse.

He was murdered.

Period
Why? Did the officers and (I include all 3 in this?) immediately throw Floyd to the ground? Why did 3 grown men have to hold down a 6'6" former tight end?
The question you should be asking is why did one officer choke him to death by crushing his windpipe and the others did nothing to stop him.

Ask the right questions.
Oh I agree! 3 Officers pinning down a 6'6" former tight end does seem to be without cause. Why? Was Floyd also held down because he was black?

If someone is not physically capable of enduring prolonged torture and dies it does not excuse the torturer. Nor does any kind of resistance excuse torturing someone to death. Does not matter who you are once the cuffs are on you are in police custody. While in custody the police are 100% responsible for your safety. No, they tortured a man to death on TV, not going to walk on that.

The below photo shows 3 officers holding Floyd down. Why?

Did these 3 grown men approach Floyd and immediately throw him to the ground and pinned him to Floyd's death?
OR did Floyd at 6'6" over 200 lbs former tight end football player resist arrest?

What happened before that I'd like to understand because according to this article...

At least 70 departments scattered from Connecticut to California arrested black people at a rate 10 times higher than people who are not black, USA TODAY found.
"Something needs to be done about that," said Ezekiel Edwards, the head of the ACLU's Criminal Law Reform Project, which has raised concerns about such disparate arrest rates. "In 2014, we shouldn't continue to see this kind of staggering disparity wherever we look."

Is it possible as this black economist points out that this is the problem?
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters [75%] of black families were two-parent households."
By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

Today more than one-third (33%) of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—
compared to 6.5 percent of White children.
The figures reflect a general trend:
During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent.

Isn't the real problem with blacks being confronted at least 10 times higher because those blacks didn't have an authority figure in their family...just their Mom?

Please watch the following tape and THEN tell me how many riots would have been stopped?
How many black men not arrested. Definitely fewer blacks killed by cops...the authority figures!
Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

He was violent and was subdued. The duration of the knee on the throat was excessive. Rioters on the streets should be shot on sight.

He was murdered.

Period

Ask the right questions.
thats not what happened,,,

tim pool read the report,,,you might want to check it out,,,

Cuffs are on fights over PERIOD the end. There is zero reason to restrain a man that way when they are already caught and ready to stuffed In a car.

What happened ?
Thank YOU! I appreciate your thoughts and it is entirely possible that Derek Chauvin, the officer that kneed Floyd, who also KNEW Floyd from their joint employment at th El Nuevo Rodeo Club in Minneapolis. Maybe Floyd knew something about Chauvin and this was the way Chauvin could eliminate Floyd's knowledge? I don't know but there is more to this story than all the rioters even consider!

I definitely believe there's going to be more coming out of this than we've seen.

That in no way however excuses the actions taken by the cop.

Just to clarify my thread. Do ALL police officers in the USA see a black and immediately stop and throw the black to the ground with no cause?
They had him in handcuffs and he was walking around before this happened. He started acting like a jackass and refused to get in the squad car.

By the way, autopsy report shows he wasn’t choked to death.

He was murdered.

Period

Ask the right questions.
Because his windpipe wasn’t crushed.

Autopsy says so.

Cuffs are on fights over PERIOD the end. There is zero reason to restrain a man that way when they are already caught and ready to stuffed In a car.
How do you know Floyd was ready to be "stuffed" ? Have you seen any video of the scuffle that occurred before Floyd was put on the ground? That is my point. Cops just don't throw you to the ground and cuff you and put a knee to your neck immediately. Unless the Cops' lives were in danger. Do we know? But most importantly of all of this... why in the hell is the color of the skin have anything to do with it?
Or is it intelligence that keeps most handcuffed white men from resisting arrest?
Or is it that as Chris Rock says..
How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

They had him in handcuffs and he was walking around before this happened. He started acting like a jackass and refused to get in the squad car.

By the way, autopsy report shows he wasn’t choked to death.
he was in the car and they pulled him back out and put him down,,,

Forum List

Back