What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How about an Indian Secretary Genaral?

Do you want Mr Shashi Tharoor to be the new UN Sec General ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akiboy

Reaction score
Finally after so many years Asia is going to send its nominees for the post of the United Nations Secretary General. The countries which gave their nominations are India,S.Korea,Thailand...... India's nominee is Mr Shashi Tharoor who currently holds the posts of UN Under Secretary General for Communication and Public Information . Being an Indian i totally agree with my governments decision to back Mr Tharoor. He is smart,witty,intelligent,calm,collected and most important he is impartial. He mentioned in an interview that though he is an INDIAN SEC General HE IS THE SEC GENERAL FOR ALL 191 NATIONS OF THE UN. He is a likely candidate since he is the only nominee who has had 20 yrs of experience in d UN and is familar with dealing with world problems. ( Plz refer to his biodata on d web and you will come to know his acheivments ). Also someone in d UN ( I dont know who ) mentioned that that the Secretary General should be aged between 45 years and 55 years and Mr Tharoor's age is just halfway between the above numbers. Ppl say he is too young but hav alook at his acheivments and you will know. I request all those who read this to plz let me know what they think and plz dont feel that i am writin this coz i am indian i hav written about this to know what other ppl want out of the new Sec General of d Un.

AksHAY b

5stringJeff

Reaction score
So... he's a UN insider? I automatically don't trust him - although I do generally like Indians.

rtwngAvngr

Reaction score
akiboy said:
Finally after so many years Asia is going to send its nominees for the post of the United Nations Secretary General. The countries which gave their nominations are India,S.Korea,Thailand...... India's nominee is Mr Shashi Tharoor who currently holds the posts of UN Under Secretary General for Communication and Public Information . Being an Indian i totally agree with my governments decision to back Mr Tharoor. He is smart,witty,intelligent,calm,collected and most important he is impartial. He mentioned in an interview that though he is an INDIAN SEC General HE IS THE SEC GENERAL FOR ALL 191 NATIONS OF THE UN. He is a likely candidate since he is the only nominee who has had 20 yrs of experience in d UN and is familar with dealing with world problems. ( Plz refer to his biodata on d web and you will come to know his acheivments ). Also someone in d UN ( I dont know who ) mentioned that that the Secretary General should be aged between 45 years and 55 years and Mr Tharoor's age is just halfway between the above numbers. Ppl say he is too young but hav alook at his acheivments and you will know. I request all those who read this to plz let me know what they think and plz dont feel that i am writin this coz i am indian i hav written about this to know what other ppl want out of the new Sec General of d Un.

AksHAY b

Nobody's impartial.

I think it should be the actor who played Benny from LA Law.

Mr.Conley

Reaction score
Sounds like your guy has a chance. An Indian Secretary General would be very good in my opinion.

CSM

Reaction score
Who cares who leads the ineffective, inefficient, corrupt and useless organization? I am all for him if he moves that piece of crap to India.

Said1

Gold Member
Reaction score
rtwngAvngr said:
Nobody's impartial.

I think it should be the actor who played Benny from LA Law.

He wasn't really "developmentally delayed". :rotflmao:

What aboot Mr. Bean? I'm sure his antics would help negotiating.

rtwngAvngr

Reaction score
Said1 said:
He wasn't really "developmentally delayed". :rotflmao:

What aboot Mr. Bean? I'm sure his antics would help negotiating.

Yes. Mr. Bean!

mr-bean.jpg

(Have you seen the Black Adder series?)

Said1

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't you see him drive up to his oil-for-food hearing in his pimped out Cooper?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List