House votes to block Syrian refugees

We should until we get a handle on ISIS and how they work. Obviously we are not as adept at detecting terrorist activity as we thought we were this is a good measure for the time being.

I'm not so sure - there has been precious little terrorist activity among the many refugees the US has taken in.
How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice?
If the answer is zero, then no refugees come in, because even you know some of those refugees are terrorists.

How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to mass shootings before instituting strict gun control? (note - not that I'm an advocate of such but the logic is the same)
Strawman. You won't answer because I'm right.

Look up the meaning of strawman before you use it.
I looked it up, it had your post.

I'm not so sure - there has been precious little terrorist activity among the many refugees the US has taken in.
All we need is one event.

Nothing is risk free or 100% guarenteed and to expect that is just plain stupid. We are more likely to be killed by home grown gun violence than by a terrorist attack. Should we work on banning more guns? We are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed by a terrorist...should we start offering major bribes to the weather gods?

At what point should fear overule our humanitarian impulses?

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died
Not US responsibility. The US needs to prepare better then allow.

Disagree. We fucked up Iraq which led to subsequent instability We have a responsibility to, at least, Iraqi refugees if not to more. We have the space, we have organizations willing to undertake it. We have the moral obligation.

If the answer is zero, then no refugees come in, because even you know some of those refugees are terrorists.

How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice to mass shootings before instituting strict gun control? (note - not that I'm an advocate of such but the logic is the same)

I looked it up, it had your post.

I'm so sorry you failed reading comprehension.

Nothing is risk free or 100% guarenteed and to expect that is just plain stupid. We are more likely to be killed by home grown gun violence than by a terrorist attack. Should we work on banning more guns? We are more likely to be hit by lightening than killed by a terrorist...should we start offering major bribes to the weather gods?

You are bringing ancillary issues into the discussion. The refugees are not American citizens and I do not want to be exposed to any potential danger. I am happy the House voted as they did.

No refugees are American citizens. Neither were the Jewish refugees during WW2, yet we refused them admittence over anti-semitism, and fears of Nazi and Communist infiltrators.

They died

Disagree. We fucked up Iraq which led to subsequent instability We have a responsibility to, at least, Iraqi refugees if not to more. We have the space, we have organizations willing to undertake it. We have the moral obligation.
I am dealing with today not yesterday and seeking safety rather than inviting risk.

They died

I am dealing with today not yesterday and seeking safety rather than inviting risk.

No problem. I'm dealing with TODAY and learning from YESTERDAY.

We should until we get a handle on ISIS and how they work. Obviously we are not as adept at detecting terrorist activity as we thought we were this is a good measure for the time being.

They died
For decades I have considered FDRs refusal of Jewish refugees to be a scar on American history. Studied it a bit at the Holocaust museum in Israel.

But that had nothing to do with safety of Americans, apples and oranges.

They died

Yea next thing is they will want to be instructed on how to fly a plane. I learned from yesterday as well.

They died

You're pathetic CAIR girl Jews weren't running from Jews..Why do you support this islamonazi who wants dead Jews? You're a fraud and a disgrace. you need to be exposed for what you are.

They died

You're pathetic CAIR girl Jews weren't running from Jews..Why do you support this islamonazi who wants dead Jews? You're a fraud and a disgrace. you need to be exposed for what you are.

For it? or against it? CAIR girl

They died

Yea next thing is they will want to be instructed on how to fly a plane. I learned from yesterday as well.
You guys have to know what you're dealing with in this person CAIR's mission is to make any criticism of muslims into discrimination...This is what "Coyote" CAIR girl does all over this board. The David Horowitz video i posted speaks for itself but this person "Coyote" defended and supported her. This is where she is. She has no credibility at all... None

The vote doesn't matter. Hell, they voted more than 50 times to kill healthcare. You don't think this vote will have any more effect than that do you? The grownups in the senate will either just dump it, or change it enough to be something that won't embarrass us. Turtle boy might be the majority leader, but Harry is still running things.

"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

House votes to block Syrian refugees despite White House veto threat

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.
Shameful, but no surprise. A nation not of men, but infants.

Lord I'm so tired but I have to give a last whack at the driveway. Really had a kick ass storm toast me today. Look. I love both my friends in both camps. But I'm not an idiot. Sunnis are heavy duty aggressors.

It's just a fact. Not an opinion. Obama with the exception of the one throw away move to Jarrett over Iran has been straight down the middle Sunni. ( I'm too tired tonight but I think I can finally nail it) Had my hair standing on edge today with the shit I found out.

The vote doesn't matter. Hell, they voted more than 50 times to kill healthcare. You don't think this vote will have any more effect than that do you? The grownups in the senate will either just dump it, or change it enough to be something that won't embarrass us. Turtle boy might be the majority leader, but Harry is still running things.

Harry Reid?

Some fun baby.

"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.
He'll easily screw anybody because all he has to do is veto the bill. It's not going to cost Hillary the election.

Did you know that 60% of Americans wanted to keep Jewish refugees out of the US before WWII?

Did you know about as many people wanted to keep out Chinese, Irish, Italian, and Vietnamese/Cambodian refugees?

Do you want to admit that ISIS has scared 60% of Americans into abandoning what our country was founded on?

He'll easily screw anybody because all he has to do is veto the bill. It's not going to cost Hillary the election.

Did you know that 60% of Americans wanted to keep Jewish refugees out of the US before WWII?

Did you know about as many people wanted to keep out Chinese, Irish, Italian, and Vietnamese/Cambodian refugees?

Do you want to admit that ISIS has scared 60% of Americans into abandoning what our country was founded on?
Most here are Americans in name only, as this vote clearly shows. No morals, no balls, no principles...

Why is you leftist morons all have the same stupid talking points? :slap: I sure hope you liberals run on letting thousands of unvetted male muslims into the country. You'll loose in a landslide:thup:

Most here are Americans in name only, as this vote clearly shows. No morals, no balls, no principles...

50 Democrats voted with all the republicans you moron

The vetting process is adequate. Where it needs to be addressed is in other areas such as tourist visa's etc. The refugee system is one of the best vetted.

We made a serious mistake turning away refugees in the past. We should not repeat it.

Really? you know this right CAIR girl? ..Fraud:slap:

FBI DIRECTOR ADMITS USA CAN'T VET ALL SYRIAN REFUGEES FOR TERRORISM

50 Democrats voted with all the republicans you moron
Do you somehow think that matters to me? Oh wait, it doesn't. And don't worry, little Zionist, not long ago they were voting against your kind. Americans, like the rest of the world, didn't want the Jews, and didn't try to save them either.

Forum List

Back