House votes to block Syrian refugees

"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

House votes to block Syrian refugees despite White House veto threat

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.
He'll easily screw anybody because all he has to do is veto the bill. It's not going to cost Hillary the election.

Did you know that 60% of Americans wanted to keep Jewish refugees out of the US before WWII?

Did you know about as many people wanted to keep out Chinese, Irish, Italian, and Vietnamese/Cambodian refugees?

Do you want to admit that ISIS has scared 60% of Americans into abandoning what our country was founded on?
Most here are Americans in name only, as this vote clearly shows. No morals, no balls, no principles...

50 Democrats voted with all the republicans you moron
Do you somehow think that matters to me? Oh wait, it doesn't. And don't worry, little Zionist, not long ago they were voting against your kind. Americans, like the rest of the world, didn't want the Jews, and didn't try to save them either.
Why is it all you leftist Jew haters love muslims? Did you miss my previous post moron?:dunno:

"Tapping into heightened security fears after the Paris terrorist attacks, House Republicans — joined by many Democrats — rebuffed President Obama on Thursday and overwhelmingly approved legislation that would in effect halt the resettlement of refugees from Syria and Iraq to the U.S."

Good let the ISIS sympathizer stew in his own bile. Obama has an uphill battle on screwing the American people this time.
He'll easily screw anybody because all he has to do is veto the bill. It's not going to cost Hillary the election.

Did you know that 60% of Americans wanted to keep Jewish refugees out of the US before WWII?

Did you know about as many people wanted to keep out Chinese, Irish, Italian, and Vietnamese/Cambodian refugees?

Do you want to admit that ISIS has scared 60% of Americans into abandoning what our country was founded on?
Most here are Americans in name only, as this vote clearly shows. No morals, no balls, no principles...

Do you somehow think that matters to me? Oh wait, it doesn't. And don't worry, little Zionist, not long ago they were voting against your kind. Americans, like the rest of the world, didn't want the Jews, and didn't try to save them either.
Why is it all you leftist Jew haters love muslims? Did you miss my previous post moron?:dunno:
Nope, and the word is lose, not loose.

How does that stop Obama from vetoing the bill?

Because it won't.

Nope, and the word is lose, not loose.
you have a screw loose:cuckoo:

Because it won't.

it's veto proof in the house genius..we'll see what happens in the senate

Because it won't.

it's veto proof in the house genius..we'll see what happens in the senate
Whatever...the refugees are on their way, and after a few years of them being here, you'll figure out how scared you were for no reason

Adieu, mes enfants ...

"Here are the 47 Democratic lawmakers who voted for the bill:

1. Rep. Pete Aguilar (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3201
  2. Rep. Brad Ashford (Neb.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4155
  3. Rep. Ami Bera (Calif.) Twitter|FacebookPhone: 202-225-5716
  4. Rep. Sanford Bishop (Ga.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3631
  5. Rep. Julia Brownley (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5811
  6. Rep. Cheri Bustos (Ill.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5905
  7. Rep. John Carney (Del.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4165
  8. Rep. Gerry Connolly (Va.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-1492
  9. Rep. Jim Cooper (Tenn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4311
  10. Rep. Jim Costa (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3341
  11. Rep. Joe Courtney (Conn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2076
  12. Rep. Henry Cuellar (Texas) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-1640
  13. Rep. John Delaney (Md.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2721
  14. Rep. Lloyd Doggett (Texas) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4865
  15. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4906
  16. Rep. John Garamendi (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-1880
  17. Rep. Gwen Graham (Fla.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5235
  18. Rep. Gene Green (Texas) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-1688
  19. Rep. Janice Hahn (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-8220
  20. Rep. Jim Himes (Conn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5541
  21. Rep. Steve Israel (N.Y.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3335
  22. Rep. Marcy Kaptur (Ohio) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-4146
  23. Rep. Bill Keating (Mass.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3111
  24. Rep. Ron Kind (Wis.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5506
  25. Rep. Ann McLane Kuster (N.H.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5206
  26. Rep. Jim Langevin (R.I.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2735
  27. Rep. Dan Lipinski (Ill.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5701
  28. Rep. Dave Loebsack (Iowa) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-6576
  29. Rep. Stephen Lynch (Mass.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-8273
  30. Rep. Sean Maloney (N.Y.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5441
  31. Rep. Patrick Murphy (Fla.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3026
  32. Rep. Rick Nolan (Minn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-6211
  33. Rep. Donald Norcross (N.J.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-6501
  34. Rep. Scott Peters (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-0508
  35. Rep. Collin Peterson (Minn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2165
  36. Rep. Jared Polis (Colo.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2161
  37. Rep. Kathleen Rice (N.Y.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5516
  38. Rep. Raul Ruiz (Calif.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5330
  39. Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5261
  40. Rep. Kurt Schrader (Ore.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-5711
  41. Rep. David Scott (Ga.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2939
  42. Rep. Terri Sewell (Ala.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2665
  43. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-9888
  44. Rep. Louise Slaughter (N.Y.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-3615
  45. Rep. Marc Veasey (Texas) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-9897
  46. Rep. Filemon Vela (Texas) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-9901
  47. Rep. Tim Walz (Minn.) Twitter|Facebook
    Phone: 202-225-2472

Here's A List Of The Democrats Who Voted To Shut The Door On Syrian Refugees

Just one comment from one Facebook page:

"You should be ashamed of yourself. I was always rooting for you when you were running for the DEM nomination, and when you were running for Congress. Now, because of this vote, you have lost all my support.

You capitulated to a bunch of bigots, and racist. You allowed yourself to be persuaded by fear. A fear that we all know is situational, and based out of false presumptions. You, yourself came from a family of immigrants, and one can only assume that your family faced the same prejudice that current Muslim refugee's are facing. I am at a lost for words. I'll try my best to campaign against you next year."
Rep. Pete Aguilar

Hope you have other careers to go back to my little bed-wetters...

Doing the right thing isn't "screwing the American people".

We did the wrong thing in the 1930's andn 40's.

Lets hope we don't repeat the mistake.
Right thing in your opinion. Until the US can develop a means to effectively vet these folks it is best to keep them away.

The vetting process is adequate. Where it needs to be addressed is in other areas such as tourist visa's etc. The refugee system is one of the best vetted.

We made a serious mistake turning away refugees in the past. We should not repeat it.

If that's indeed the case, Coyote...then why is the Director of the FBI stating that we don't have the capability to do proper vetting because Syria is such an unstable country. You're naive if you think our refugee system is well vetted. It's something done by the government...which means it's done badly!

Nice to see at least some of our governing body aren't morons.

I hope they have the numbers to override the veto Barry is sure to post.

That man, and those who support Syrian refugees in America, are fools.

Just one comment from one Facebook page:

"You should be ashamed of yourself. I was always rooting for you when you were running for the DEM nomination, and when you were running for Congress. Now, because of this vote, you have lost all my support.

You capitulated to a bunch of bigots, and racist. You allowed yourself to be persuaded by fear. A fear that we all know is situational, and based out of false presumptions. You, yourself came from a family of immigrants, and one can only assume that your family faced the same prejudice that current Muslim refugee's are facing. I am at a lost for words. I'll try my best to campaign against you next year."
Rep. Pete Aguilar

Hope you have other careers to go back to my little bed-wetters...
Feel the butthurt!
The issue has bipartisan agreement Obama and his puppets are endangering Americans.

Dear President Assad,
Sorry about my saying you should be tried for international crimes, you know how things come out wrong when things get heated. But when you get the chance, can you email my staff the records of the people in the attached file? We just want to make sure they are peaceful people. Not that you would let people come over that want to kill Americans, but those damn Republicans you know are making me ask.

Your humble servant,
BO

No one wanted to keep Jews, Vietnamese etc out because they felt American security was an issue.
Leftards are in full spin mode.
Hillary just lost the election, thank you.

Right thing in your opinion. Until the US can develop a means to effectively vet these folks it is best to keep them away.

The vetting process is adequate. Where it needs to be addressed is in other areas such as tourist visa's etc. The refugee system is one of the best vetted.

We made a serious mistake turning away refugees in the past. We should not repeat it.

How can it be "adequate" when they have no papers and we cant get any info from the country they left?
You just going to take their word for it?

Not US responsibility. The US needs to prepare better then allow.

Disagree. We fucked up Iraq which led to subsequent instability We have a responsibility to, at least, Iraqi refugees if not to more. We have the space, we have organizations willing to undertake it. We have the moral obligation.
I am dealing with today not yesterday and seeking safety rather than inviting risk.

No problem. I'm dealing with TODAY and learning from YESTERDAY.
Yea next thing is they will want to be instructed on how to fly a plane. I learned from yesterday as well.
You guys have to know what you're dealing with in this person CAIR's mission is to make any criticism of muslims into discrimination...This is what "Coyote" CAIR girl does all over this board. The David Horowitz video i posted speaks for itself but this person "Coyote" defended and supported her. This is where she is. She has no credibility at all... None

Coming from the moron who thought a genocidal Israeli MP was hot and sexy. :lol:

How can it be "adequate" when they have no papers and we cant get any info from the country they left?

They spend two years checking these people and tracking down information. How many refugees have gone on and committed terrorist acts?

Using the rightwing logic - we should be looking critically at white American males and gun ownership because of the many mass gun shootings we've had (more than terrorist attacks).

Do you think our intelligence and security people are that incompetent? Really?

Well... they think they are..

Competency is not is question it is standards, practices and systems which would be able to identify with an acceptable degree of accuracy what is and what is not a terroristic threat. plan or ability to carry it out etc. with the refugees.

Forum List

Back