Reckless and irresponsible, House GOP votes to overturn Biden rule on water protections

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“The House on Thursday voted to overturn the Biden administration’s protections for thousands of small streams, wetlands and other waterways, advancing long-held Republican arguments that the regulations are an environmental overreach and burden to business.

The vote was 227-198 to overturn the rule.

House Republicans used the Congressional Review Act, which allows Congress to block recently enacted executive-branch regulations. The measure now heads to the Senate, where Republicans hope to attract Democratic senators wary of Biden's environmental policies. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., a frequent Biden antagonist, has already pledged to support the overturn of a rule he calls federal overreach.”

More of the right’s contempt for sound, responsible governance.

“The House on Thursday voted to overturn the Biden administration’s protections for thousands of small streams, wetlands and other waterways, advancing long-held Republican arguments that the regulations are an environmental overreach and burden to business.

House Republicans used the Congressional Review Act, which allows Congress to block recently enacted executive-branch regulations. The measure now heads to the Senate, where Republicans hope to attract Democratic senators wary of Biden's environmental policies. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., a frequent Biden antagonist, has already pledged to support the overturn of a rule he calls federal overreach.”

So let me get this straight....you're saying with a straight face that you want to protect our water sources after you caused the worst environmental disaster (East Palestine) since Three Mile Island?

Biden shows up in Selma last week but he can't bring himself to show up where the water in 5 states has been polluted by a Norfolk Southern train derailment.

I really think you people need to stop talking about the environment for at least 3 years....because you've really screwed that pooch all to Hell.

The Supreme Court is considering a related case by an Idaho couple who have been blocked for more than 15 years from building a home near a lake after the EPA determined that part of the property was a wetlands that could not be disturbed without a permit.

I am facing this very problem having to deal with the dumb wetland decision since it was MAN MADE and created a few decades earlier in a region that is a near desert.

Shut down the MAN MADE canal and the whole shebang would quickly dry up.

:mad:

Fuck the EPA!

So let me get this straight....you're saying with a straight face that you want to protect our water sources after you caused the worst environmental disaster (East Palestine) since Three Mile Island?

Biden shows up in Selma last week but he can't bring himself to show up where the water in 5 states has been polluted by a Norfolk Southern train derailment.

I really think you people need to stop talking about the environment for at least 3 years....because you've really screwed that pooch all to Hell.
Last time I checked, if anyone was responsible for the derailment in East Palestine, it wasn't poster C Clayton Jones. It was DONALD J TRUMP.

Proggies never met an overreaching regulation they didn't like.
Is it because ya'll lack confidence that you love the idea of govt having total control?

Weak people love an all powerful govt because they are afraid of everything

Last time I checked, if anyone was responsible for the derailment in East Palestine, it wasn't poster C Clayton Jones. It was DONALD J TRUMP.
You low-infos are hilarious.
No clue how dumb you sound

fulltard.gif

Yeah....Trump forced that diversity hire to ignore the brake warnings that said the brakes were overheating.

BTW, another train derailed in Ohio this week too.

Biden wouldn't recognize sound, responsible governance if it crapped on his face.

Fuck the EPA they used it as a pretext for a huge land grab with no compensation for landowners.
Land grab? Were the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts air and water grabs? Does this authorize them to sell the land or to make a penny in profits from it? Is the National Park System just a land grab?

Land grab? Were the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts air and water grabs? Does this authorize them to sell the land or to make a penny in profits from it? Is the National Park System just a land grab?
so i guess you are through with trump caused the train wreck bullshit?...

Yes, as they were written, they were.

Forum List

Back