"Horses and Bayonets"

Dumbfuck, Obamination is lying through his buckteeth when he claims the Air Force needs less planes, Navy less ships, etc because they said so.

He is gutting the military on purpose for more welfare programs here while appeasing our enemies overseas.

He is also lying to the general public by hiding the pending job losses from the DoD cuts coming in January...in addition to breaking Federal Laws according to some in Congress by denying it.

Obamination doesn't know shit about the military, all he does is repeat what his handlers tell him.

He has no clue what an AEGIS ship does.

Also, his bullshit that the military asked for these budget cuts shows he is full of shit.

First, moron, who gives a shit about destroyers as they pertain to this thread, and secondly, Obama never mentioned that the military asked for cuts....only that they have not requested the $2T ADDITIONAL spending that Romney wants to implement.

So.
Fucking.
Ignorant.

Do they send you a training tape on how to work with 47% of the facts when you sign up to be a jackass?

Dumbfuck....Obamination is not working with Congress to prevent the $500 Billion in DoD cuts because he wants it to happen.

He also lied when confronted on it claiming the DoD wants the cuts.

Both of you are full of shit and dumb as shit.

Obamination doesn't know shit about the military, all he does is repeat what his handlers tell him.

Also, his bullshit that the military asked for these budget cuts shows he is full of shit.

actually, you psychotic weirdo, he didn't say anything about "cutting" the budget... he said it was being left the same and that they didn't need the money that romney wanted to throw at them.

and baby bush must have really been clueless since this president is about 100 times better foreign policy-wise than he was.

Pile of shit....this is my work, I am on the inside and know what is going on.

Get back to your flipping burgers job, asswipe.

Dumbfuck, Obamination is lying through his buckteeth when he claims the Air Force needs less planes, Navy less ships, etc because they said so.

He is gutting the military on purpose for more welfare programs here while appeasing our enemies overseas.

He is also lying to the general public by hiding the pending job losses from the DoD cuts coming in January...in addition to breaking Federal Laws according to some in Congress by denying it.

First, moron, who gives a shit about destroyers as they pertain to this thread, and secondly, Obama never mentioned that the military asked for cuts....only that they have not requested the $2T ADDITIONAL spending that Romney wants to implement.

So.
Fucking.
Ignorant.

Do they send you a training tape on how to work with 47% of the facts when you sign up to be a jackass?

Since when do you asshats agree that it is GOOD for our Government (you read military) to create jobs? Didn't Romney JUST say last night that Government does NOT create jobs?

So.
Fucking.
Ignorant.

YOU are on the inside? See? Governmental waste right there.....

So.
Fucking.
Ignorant.

So you work for the government?

So.
Fucking.
Ignorant.

Ah, yes. the "I'm on the inside" argument.

no really guys. I am. Shut up. I AM! I'm like.... secratary of the navy. Oh, he's a publically known figure? Ok... um... his Janitor. And he bounces his concerns off me. yeah. that'll do it.

Retard.

Really?

Cool, I did not know you were personally invited to Obama's meetings when his handlers supposedly tell him everything he knows.

Or were you just making shit up?

Yeah, I thought so. :lol:

The president won on points regarding foreign policy. Guess what? He should have won. He has 4 years more experience regarding that topic. No surprise there. But what he won on points MAY have been taken away by his very un-presidential behaviors including the aircraft carriers response. But what was all that talk about how much stronger our relationship with Israel is now compared to the past 30 years? Quite untrue.

At the end of the day, the people who support Obama will continue, and the same goes for Romney. If the economy is the first and foremost concern in the "undecideds" eyes, the President won't see a huge bounce from the debate.

So, NOW it is a bad thing for the President to point out Romney's obvious stupidity as it refers to our military???? In the first debate, Obama was flat as a pancake and you righties jumped all over him for that. Now, he was on his game, accurate and knowledgeable about the debate questions and that is bad TOO? Maybe you righties just need to grow some balls and buck up a little?

Romneys stupidity as it pertains to the military?
Really?

Pointing out that we have less ships now than we did in 1916 yet need to protect many more square miles of shipping lanes and open sea...not to mention the need to have CSG's iin many different parts of the world at any given time for national security....and, of course, a CV group usually consists of the flat top, a few destroyers, a few warships, etc....

It was not showing stupidity. It was actually a valid point. Having a CV group within a days sail of any of our enemies can prove to be very helpful if someone wants to do something not in our best interest.

Our Navy is our best defense as it allows us nearly immediate offense. Without it, we are days away...leaving a better chance of the front being our shores.

this is just sad.

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I notice you put up the" horses and bayonets" in your thread title to mock Romney.

Truth is Marines still use bayonets. I just put up a thread on it.

bayonets-obama2-e1351012413827.jpg

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

nobody cares because that wasn't the point moron.

So, NOW it is a bad thing for the President to point out Romney's obvious stupidity as it refers to our military???? In the first debate, Obama was flat as a pancake and you righties jumped all over him for that. Now, he was on his game, accurate and knowledgeable about the debate questions and that is bad TOO? Maybe you righties just need to grow some balls and buck up a little?

Romneys stupidity as it pertains to the military?
Really?

Pointing out that we have less ships now than we did in 1916 yet need to protect many more square miles of shipping lanes and open sea...not to mention the need to have CSG's iin many different parts of the world at any given time for national security....and, of course, a CV group usually consists of the flat top, a few destroyers, a few warships, etc....

It was not showing stupidity. It was actually a valid point. Having a CV group within a days sail of any of our enemies can prove to be very helpful if someone wants to do something not in our best interest.

Our Navy is our best defense as it allows us nearly immediate offense. Without it, we are days away...leaving a better chance of the front being our shores.

this is just sad.

I know, right? I wonder if Jarhead knows where the B-52s and B-1s that initially dropped bombs on Afghanistan were launched from? Hint: It did not take days to get there....

Seriously? I can see live pictures of MY HOUSE from the Internet now...all without my permission. Are you trying to say that as expensive as our military is, an entire enemy fleet, or hell, even a SINGLE surface vessel can hide from us for days or weeks?

Actually...that is exactly what I am saying.

I live near the ocean....we lose a pleasure cruiser off the coast we usually know it is within a few miles of shore.....and sometimes we dont find it until it washes up on shore months later.

Google Earth pinpoints based on EXACT location offered....if you put into google earth...."somewhere between x and Y" and that distance covers thousands of square miles, you would never find your house no matter how long you looked.

And the US Military used "Google Earth." :wtf:
I didnt say that...VaYank referenced google earth...I simply told him how it works. Pay attention.

Actually...that is exactly what I am saying.

I live near the ocean....we lose a pleasure cruiser off the coast we usually know it is within a few miles of shore.....and sometimes we dont find it until it washes up on shore months later.

Google Earth pinpoints based on EXACT location offered....if you put into google earth...."somewhere between x and Y" and that distance covers thousands of square miles, you would never find your house no matter how long you looked.

Are you saying an enemy fleet could get through satellite surveillance undetected?

According to Jarhead, yes. Besides Russia, what adversary do we have that even owns a "fleet"?
yes...a fleet can get through Satellite surveillance undetected. For a satellite to hone in and be able to see a wake......it would need to be zoomed in to about 1 mile alt.....you know how much area 1 mile alt covers? Compared to an entire ocean? Not much.

Give it up, folks. Barack Obama used "Horses and Bayonets" analogy simply to emphasize that we have a smaller Navy because the days of massive naval presence (which was mainly for piracy) are gone.

Here is the only point that really matters. Obama's smart assed retort has played only to his base. It has either pissed off or turned off moderates and independents. Way to go Obummer!

Last edited:
I think and maybe hope the army has given up the bayonet, it may have been a great tactic during the Civil War and maybe even after but like many military tactics and weapons it becomes obsolete.

Here is the only point that really matters. Obama's smart assed retort has played only to his base. It has either pissed off or turned off moderates and independents. Way to go Obummer!

Wrong.

In a poll of 521 uncommitted voters conducted immediately after the final presidential debate, 53% of these said President Obama was the winner, 23% think Romney won, another 24% feel the debate was a tie.

In fact, that is the largest movement in uncommitted voters than either candidate had in the last 2 debates.

Don't look so "clever" now.. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back