"Horses and Bayonets"

Oh bullshit....you guys loved it when Romney did it in the first debate....You just don't like it when the "uppity N-word" does it to the caviar-boy.

Nah...I just dont like it when the President of the United States feels the need to say "that is not true" and "all reporters will tell you differently" and "the biggest whopper of the campaign"...

Had absolutely nothing to do with his race.

Why is the left so fixated on our Presidents race?

Dont they realize one does not have to be black to suck?

i can see where you wouldn't like that.

because you don't like when he whomps romney...

i have no doubt you liked it when he didn't correct romney's lies... that was so presidential he got his butt kicked in the first debate.

He didn't ever whomp Romney.

Oh and the reason Obama didn't correct any lies is because they weren't lies. Course Obama told some doozies.

Nah...I just dont like it when the President of the United States feels the need to say "that is not true" and "all reporters will tell you differently" and "the biggest whopper of the campaign"...

i have no doubt you liked it when he didn't correct romney's lies... that was so presidential he got his butt kicked in the first debate.

Oh and the reason Obama didn't correct any lies is because they weren't lies. Course Obama told some doozies.

So, how does Romney expect to pay for the additional $2T in military spending, exactly?

Our Constitution calls for our defense. There is no way in hell our Foudning Fathers imagined a Navy that constantly circumvents the globe just in case somebody bad is out there staging an invasion. I know Romney is your guy, but you are really starting to lose your integrity by contiuing to defend his botched debate.

First of all, I am not defending his botched debate. He had an excellent debate. Won? Nah. Neither did Obama. They both pretty much talked out of their asses for the most part.

Secondly, my integrity isa not being lost. You may allow my seeing things differently than you help define me in your eyes, but that is not a loss of my integrity. That would, instead, be you allowing your desire to be right helping yopu define someone.

Finally, I am defending what I know to be the reason for our strong military. For the exact reason you cited. To defend us....

now...listen carefully.....

If you find yourself defending yourself on your own shores, you are likely to have civilian losses. If you are able to intercept an attacker OFF your shores, you are likely to suffer ZERO civilian casualties.

Now...how does one accomplish that?

By having as many military personnel off our shores and in position to intercept.

BASIC military strategy.

Seeing as my father served 25 years in the USAF as part of multiple FIS units, I believe I possess some knowledge in this arena. Furthermore, since our USAF still employs multiple FIS units around our United States, how does bringing them up support your idea that we need CV groups staged across the GLOBE to provide for our defense?

Fighter interceptors are exactly that...fighter interceptors. Seeing as your dad was career USAF (and your family has the gratitude of mine), then you are well aware that they were primarily airspace protectors.....

Now...take a fleet...and put them in the middle of the atlantic....carrying LRBM's......and SRBM's.....FIS groups can do squat.....by the time they find them, it may be too late.

Now...take that same fleet and they leave port....and our fleet tails them....once they get in a dnagerous range, we intercept them.

Basic military strategy.

Oh bullshit....you guys loved it when Romney did it in the first debate....You just don't like it when the "uppity N-word" does it to the caviar-boy.

What the hell are youy talking about?

Never mind. I'm putting you on ignore. You never add to a debate. You never cite facts. You never apply knowledge. You just call people names and criticize other peoples facts.

Sorry. Not for me.

No, the navy WANTS more ships.

The navy doesn't NEED more ships.

In 1916, you had the German Navy, the Japanese Navy, the British Navy all of which were potential rivals to American interests. So having more ships then actually kind of made sense.

today. Nearly every country with a major naval power is either an ally or has a common economic interest in keeping free trade and globalism like it is.

Navies are kind of pointless when you can take out a whole fleet with one nuke.

What we need is to put more money into infrastructure and education, not building expensive ships that will never see a day of combat.

You are going to need more ships and a bigger force if you plan on having the United States presence as a major threat to those nations (like Iran) who don't take us seriously. This is why Iran hasn't even flinched away from their nuclear ambitions, as a result. How can the left make the claim of cutting defense spending and having a smaller military power in the world is good, then turn around and complain that our military might is spread out too thin?

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I notice you put up the" horses and bayonets" in your thread title to mock Romney.

Truth is Marines still use bayonets. I just put up a thread on it.

bayonets-obama2-e1351012413827.jpg

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

First of all, I am not defending his botched debate. He had an excellent debate. Won? Nah. Neither did Obama. They both pretty much talked out of their asses for the most part.

Secondly, my integrity isa not being lost. You may allow my seeing things differently than you help define me in your eyes, but that is not a loss of my integrity. That would, instead, be you allowing your desire to be right helping yopu define someone.

Finally, I am defending what I know to be the reason for our strong military. For the exact reason you cited. To defend us....

now...listen carefully.....

If you find yourself defending yourself on your own shores, you are likely to have civilian losses. If you are able to intercept an attacker OFF your shores, you are likely to suffer ZERO civilian casualties.

Now...how does one accomplish that?

By having as many military personnel off our shores and in position to intercept.

BASIC military strategy.

Seeing as my father served 25 years in the USAF as part of multiple FIS units, I believe I possess some knowledge in this arena. Furthermore, since our USAF still employs multiple FIS units around our United States, how does bringing them up support your idea that we need CV groups staged across the GLOBE to provide for our defense?

Fighter interceptors are exactly that...fighter interceptors. Seeing as your dad was career USAF (and your family has the gratitude of mine), then you are well aware that they were primarily airspace protectors.....

Now...take a fleet...and put them in the middle of the atlantic....carrying LRBM's......and SRBM's.....FIS groups can do squat.....by the time they find them, it may be too late.

Now...take that same fleet and they leave port....and our fleet tails them....once they get in a dnagerous range, we intercept them.

Basic military strategy.

Basic military strategy, for the defense of our shores can employ land based interceptors only. We already have the missile capapbilities to knock down incoming ICBMs if necessary. We do not need the Navy for that. There is no Navy in the WORLD that even comes close to the might of ours and to add to that force is wasteful.

So, how does Romney expect to pay for the additional $2T in military spending, exactly?

by increasing tax revenue.

Have you not been paying attention?

As opposed to knowing your guy is a big-mouth that thinks everyone loves the way he shows zero respect to the opposition. A guy that under normal circumstances would let his alligator mouth overrule his hummingbird ass

Well...guess Romney shouldn't be untruthful then.

Lastly....I don't care about any man's race....but enough of your people do to make it a factor worth mentioning.

No, the navy WANTS more ships.

The navy doesn't NEED more ships.

In 1916, you had the German Navy, the Japanese Navy, the British Navy all of which were potential rivals to American interests. So having more ships then actually kind of made sense.

today. Nearly every country with a major naval power is either an ally or has a common economic interest in keeping free trade and globalism like it is.

Navies are kind of pointless when you can take out a whole fleet with one nuke.

What we need is to put more money into infrastructure and education, not building expensive ships that will never see a day of combat.

You are going to need more ships and a bigger force if you plan on having the United States presence as a major threat to those nations (like Iran) who don't take us seriously. This is why Iran hasn't even flinched away from their nuclear ambitions, as a result. How can the left make the claim of cutting defense spending and having a smaller military power in the world is good, then turn around and complain that our military might is spread out too thin?

Please tell me which platform Iran has to carry this imaginary nuclear weapon to the US?

Basic military strategy.

Basic military strategy, for the defense of our shores can employ land based interceptors only. We already have the missile capapbilities to knock down incoming ICBMs if necessary. We do not need the Navy for that. There is no Navy in the WORLD that even comes close to the might of ours and to add to that force is wasteful.

I will say it again....

and there is no one who has military strategy training and education that will deny this...

When you find yourself defending your shores FROM your shores, you are likely to sufffer civilian casualites.

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I notice you put up the" horses and bayonets" in your thread title to mock Romney.

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

You fucking people are morons and have proven it multiple times today on this point. Did Obama at ANY point state that our military no longer employs any bayonets?

Lastly....I don't care about any man's race....but enough of your people do to make it a factor worth mentioning.

Funny thing...the only ones who say that are those on the left....and they have yet to be able to prove it.

And those that continue saying it? Seem to be the only ones that feel race is worth mentioning.

Which makes them racist in my eyes.

Show me the math where he plans to raise tax revenue by not only the $2T to pay for this bloated "defense" budget, but also for his 20% across the board tax rate cuts. Show me. I ask you, because he wont. Ryan wont and their website doesn't.

You fucking people are morons and have proven it multiple times today on this point. Did Obama at ANY point state that our military no longer employs any bayonets?

Did Romney at any point actually say that he puts actual women...their bodies...in binders?

Funny thing...the only ones who say that are those on the left....and they have yet to be able to prove it.

And those that continue saying it? Seem to be the only ones that feel race is worth mentioning.

Which makes them racist in my eyes.

Really? blind man is blind.

Basic military strategy.

I will say it again....

and there is no one who has military strategy training and education that will deny this...

When you find yourself defending your shores FROM your shores, you are likely to sufffer civilian casualites.

You DO understand the range of our land based military aircraft, right?

Show me the math where he plans to raise tax revenue by not only the $2T to pay for this bloated "defense" budget, but also for his 20% across the board tax rate cuts. Show me. I ask you, because he wont. Ryan wont and their website doesn't.

curious....are you aware of how that 2 trillion is spread out?

We don't need more first responders. They don't walk, they ride around in cars. Firefighters no longer have a bucket brigade, they have hoses and hyrants. Following the failed obamalogic we don't need more, we need fewer first responders because they have better technology.

From last night's debate, Romney doesn't want to put anyone in harms way. To me, neither of them had appropriate responses to the Iran question on nuclear arms and neither of them understand that we need to prepare for nuclear war whether or not Iran stops its program or not.

We are already prepared for a nuclear war and have been since the 1960s. Where have you been hiding?

It is not the time to reduce our capability by 80% the way obama wants to do. And preparation takes many forms. It doesn't appear that either candidate has accepted the inevitability of nuclear war.

I will say it again....

You DO understand the range of our land based military aircraft, right?

Sure do With aar with the kc135's, a nice distance.

But that does not help with pilot fatigue and the inability form 20K to find a fleet over thousands of square miles of open ocean..

Forum List

Back