"Horses and Bayonets"

We don't need more first responders. They don't walk, they ride around in cars. Firefighters no longer have a bucket brigade, they have hoses and hyrants. Following the failed obamalogic we don't need more, we need fewer first responders because they have better technology.

From last night's debate, Romney doesn't want to put anyone in harms way. To me, neither of them had appropriate responses to the Iran question on nuclear arms and neither of them understand that we need to prepare for nuclear war whether or not Iran stops its program or not.

We are already prepared for a nuclear war and have been since the 1960s. Where have you been hiding?

It is not the time to reduce our capability by 80% the way obama wants to do. And preparation takes many forms. It doesn't appear that either candidate has accepted the inevitability of nuclear war.

If it gets to the point where nuclear war is occuring, I don't think Romney having spent more money on ships is going to help. It was Obama who talked about techonological and space warfare preparedness, NOT Romney. He just talked about having extra boats.

by increasing tax revenue.

Have you not been paying attention?

Show me the math where he plans to raise tax revenue by not only the $2T to pay for this bloated "defense" budget, but also for his 20% across the board tax rate cuts. Show me. I ask you, because he wont. Ryan wont and their website doesn't.

curious....are you aware of how that 2 trillion is spread out?

Nope. Romney hasn't shown us THAT either. Do you know? If so, can you PLEASE go work for his campaign?

Well...guess Romney shouldn't be untruthful then.

Lastly....I don't care about any man's race....but enough of your people do to make it a factor worth mentioning.

Funny thing...the only ones who say that are those on the left....and they have yet to be able to prove it.

And those that continue saying it? Seem to be the only ones that feel race is worth mentioning.

Which makes them racist in my eyes.

Really? blind man is blind.

LMFAO.....thousands of tea partyers on the capitol lawn....hundreds of reporters with cameras and mics.....thousands of cell phones with recoirding capability....and the best someone came up with was a recording of someone saying something that could be either the N word or the word orange...they werent sure.

Pathetic.

We don't need more first responders. They don't walk, they ride around in cars. Firefighters no longer have a bucket brigade, they have hoses and hyrants. Following the failed obamalogic we don't need more, we need fewer first responders because they have better technology.

From last night's debate, Romney doesn't want to put anyone in harms way. To me, neither of them had appropriate responses to the Iran question on nuclear arms and neither of them understand that we need to prepare for nuclear war whether or not Iran stops its program or not.

We are already prepared for a nuclear war and have been since the 1960s. Where have you been hiding?

It is not the time to reduce our capability by 80% the way obama wants to do. And preparation takes many forms. It doesn't appear that either candidate has accepted the inevitability of nuclear war.[/QUOTE?]

80%? Hell Mudwhistle said this morning it was 50%.....Tonight it will be to disband the military altogether. Love how you guys pull numbers out of your asses, don't list sources and expect everyone to accept it as fact.....or if you do, you show something from "the blaze" or some other spin machine.

color me unimpressed.

I will say it again....

and there is no one who has military strategy training and education that will deny this...

When you find yourself defending your shores FROM your shores, you are likely to sufffer civilian casualites.

You DO understand the range of our land based military aircraft, right?

Sure do With aar with the kc135's, a nice distance.

But that does not help with pilot fatigue and the inability form 20K to find a fleet over thousands of square miles of open ocean..

Seriously? I can see live pictures of MY HOUSE from the Internet now...all without my permission. Are you trying to say that as expensive as our military is, an entire enemy fleet, or hell, even a SINGLE surface vessel can hide from us for days or weeks?

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I notice you put up the" horses and bayonets" in your thread title to mock Romney.

Truth is Marines still use bayonets. I just put up a thread on it.

bayonets-obama2-e1351012413827.jpg

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

An interesting verifiable statistic would be to see how many enemy casualties are caused by American bayonets? Bayonets may be a weapon whose time has passed; even during WWII they were not considered good devices for opening K ration boxes.

It is not the time to reduce our capability by 80% the way obama wants to do. And preparation takes many forms. It doesn't appear that either candidate has accepted the inevitability of nuclear war.

Reagan wanted to reduce it 100%

Traitor

Show me the math where he plans to raise tax revenue by not only the $2T to pay for this bloated "defense" budget, but also for his 20% across the board tax rate cuts. Show me. I ask you, because he wont. Ryan wont and their website doesn't.

curious....are you aware of how that 2 trillion is spread out?

Nope. Romney hasn't shown us THAT either. Do you know? If so, can you PLEASE go work for his campaign?

Actually, he did.

He never said 2 trillion...that is an estimate put out by pundits.

He wants defense spedning to be at 4% of GDP..and his goal is to get it there over several years.

Right now it is actually OVER 4 % of GDP...but with the proposed cuts by Obama, it will go below 2.8%...nearly 2.7%...

He simply wants to stablize it at 4%...it is not 2 trillion ABOVE now....it is 2 trillion over the years above the proposed cuts...

Youi really need to spend some time on his site before you say he isnt offering information.

I cannot believe Willard decided to compare the number of ships in the 1916 Navy to our forces now. The debate coach that came up with that assertion is an idiot.

It did illustrate just how backwards Willard's thinking is, though. He made a good point for Obama.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I notice you put up the" horses and bayonets" in your thread title to mock Romney.

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

An interesting verifiable statistic would be to see how many enemy casualties are caused by American bayonets? Bayonets may be a weapon whose time has passed; even during WWII they were not considered good devices for opening K ration boxes.

Which was Obama's point in the first place. Sure, great. They train with a Bayonet. They also train in hand to hand combat unarmed. Does that mean it's standard operating procedure to punch the enemy to death?

This Bayonet love is only backlash at Obama making Romney look like a fool. (and misdirected, because he never said that they weren't used any more anyways.)

You DO understand the range of our land based military aircraft, right?

But that does not help with pilot fatigue and the inability form 20K to find a fleet over thousands of square miles of open ocean..

Seriously? I can see live pictures of MY HOUSE from the Internet now...all without my permission. Are you trying to say that as expensive as our military is, an entire enemy fleet, or hell, even a SINGLE surface vessel can hide from us for days or weeks?

Actually...that is exactly what I am saying.

I live near the ocean....we lose a pleasure cruiser off the coast we usually know it is within a few miles of shore.....and sometimes we dont find it until it washes up on shore months later.

Google Earth pinpoints based on EXACT location offered....if you put into google earth...."somewhere between x and Y" and that distance covers thousands of square miles, you would never find your house no matter how long you looked.

Which was Obama's point in the first place. Sure, great. They train with a Bayonet. They also train in hand to hand combat unarmed. Does that mean it's standard operating procedure to punch the enemy to death?

This Bayonet love is only backlash at Obama making Romney look like a fool. (and misdirected, because he never said that they weren't used any more anyways.)

well, he did imply they weren't used like they were.

which is true.

they're just whining and doing the whole fauxrage thing because the president made their guy look like a putz.

Obamination doesn't know shit about the military, all he does is repeat what his handlers tell him.

He has no clue what an AEGIS ship does.

Also, his bullshit that the military asked for these budget cuts shows he is full of shit.

Obamination doesn't know shit about the military, all he does is repeat what his handlers tell him.

Also, his bullshit that the military asked for these budget cuts shows he is full of shit.

Yet another example of a Gooper not paying attention. He is NOT cutting it. He is just not tossing MORE at it. MORE that is not needed.

Funny thing...the only ones who say that are those on the left....and they have yet to be able to prove it.

And those that continue saying it? Seem to be the only ones that feel race is worth mentioning.

Which makes them racist in my eyes.

Really? blind man is blind.

LMFAO.....thousands of tea partyers on the capitol lawn....hundreds of reporters with cameras and mics.....thousands of cell phones with recoirding capability....and the best someone came up with was a recording of someone saying something that could be either the N word or the word orange...they werent sure.

Pathetic.

here ya go...be sure to watch the videos....

Politics and Pucks: Evidence of Tea Party Racism

I never said That the Tea Party is a racist organization...probably most of them aren't....but there's enough that are that make it an issue. You have an extreme platform and that invites extreme people.

Hell, just on this board you got Matthew, Ariux, Yidnar, and Willowtree(who said she'll never vote for anyone who isn't white)...That's just off the top of my head, as I don't venture into the race relations forum very often. All conservative tea party people.

Like I said....blind man is blind.

I live near the ocean....we lose a pleasure cruiser off the coast we usually know it is within a few miles of shore.....and sometimes we dont find it until it washes up on shore months later.

Google Earth pinpoints based on EXACT location offered....if you put into google earth...."somewhere between x and Y" and that distance covers thousands of square miles, you would never find your house no matter how long you looked.

Are you saying an enemy fleet could get through satellite surveillance undetected?

First, moron, who gives a shit about destroyers as they pertain to this thread, and secondly, Obama never mentioned that the military asked for cuts....only that they have not requested the $2T ADDITIONAL spending that Romney wants to implement.

Are you saying an enemy fleet could get through satellite surveillance undetected?

According to Jarhead, yes. Besides Russia, what adversary do we have that even owns a "fleet"?

And the US Military used "Google Earth." :wtf:

actually, you psychotic weirdo, he didn't say anything about "cutting" the budget... he said it was being left the same and that they didn't need the money that romney wanted to throw at them.

and baby bush must have really been clueless since this president is about 100 times better foreign policy-wise than he was.

Dumbfuck, Obamination is lying through his buckteeth when he claims the Air Force needs less planes, Navy less ships, etc because they said so.

He is gutting the military on purpose for more welfare programs here while appeasing our enemies overseas.

He is also lying to the general public by hiding the pending job losses from the DoD cuts coming in January...in addition to breaking Federal Laws according to some in Congress by denying it.

First, moron, who gives a shit about destroyers as they pertain to this thread, and secondly, Obama never mentioned that the military asked for cuts....only that they have not requested the $2T ADDITIONAL spending that Romney wants to implement.

Forum List

Back