High IQ people don't believe in Hell or Satan? HUH?

"I'm not scared of dyin and I don't really care". "If it's peace you find in dyin than let the time be near:. ....Blood Sweat/Tears

Well, it's about his premise they based the 1st Amendment on, so he shouldn't be totally obscure to Americans regardless of their denomination. The First and Second 'Great Awakenings' aren't taught in history classes any more either, I guess.
Sure, they still teach about the FIrst and Second "Great Awakening" in history class. And there are graduate level history classes that focus exclusively on the Awakenings. The First Great Awakening laid the foundation for the American Revolution by instilling a sense of community love and enlightenment. You might even call it "woke". It was that sense of community that bought the diverse population of the Colonies together. And it was that "Enlightenment" that forged the thought of the deists that made up the members of both Continental Congresses. In some respect, the American Revolution was a backlash against that first awakening. The founders were not religious, not even close to religious. Jefferson famously rewrote the Bible, taking out all the quotes of Jesus and steadfastly refused to believe in the resurrection. He also studied the Koran, extensively. Madison, on the other hand, studied under John Witherspoon and even courted with joining the clergy. He studied Hebrew and Ethics at what was to become Princeton University, but in the end, he was more a deist than a Christain, leaning more toward John Locke than Witherspoon.

"If it's peace you find in dyin than let dyin time be near". "Just bundle up my coffin cause it's cold way down there". The point is that the 1st Amendment lets you latch on to any religious belief you can find and the post is moot.

Well, it's about his premise they based the 1st Amendment on, so he shouldn't be totally obscure to Americans regardless of their denomination. The First and Second 'Great Awakenings' aren't taught in history classes any more either, I guess.
The Cahtolic Church (again, NOT referring to the Vatican sect which hasn't been Catholic.. well, EVER [since its existence began in 1958) but the real Catholic Church (now in obscurity more/less)

is THE Church Christ founded, therefore NOT a denomination.

(Also: a little tired of people acting like some poster or another is supposed to just know everything and everyone or can't be considered credible)

Please

"If it's peace you find in dyin than let dyin time be near". "Just bundle up my coffin cause it's cold way down there". The point is that the 1st Amendment lets you latch on to any religious belief you can find and the post is moot.

just because something should be moot doesn't mean it is

Sure, they still teach about the FIrst and Second "Great Awakening" in history class. And there are graduate level history classes that focus exclusively on the Awakenings. The First Great Awakening laid the foundation for the American Revolution by instilling a sense of community love and enlightenment. You might even call it "woke". It was that sense of community that bought the diverse population of the Colonies together. And it was that "Enlightenment" that forged the thought of the deists that made up the members of both Continental Congresses. In some respect, the American Revolution was a backlash against that first awakening. The founders were not religious, not even close to religious. Jefferson famously rewrote the Bible, taking out all the quotes of Jesus and steadfastly refused to believe in the resurrection. He also studied the Koran, extensively. Madison, on the other hand, studied under John Witherspoon and even courted with joining the clergy. He studied Hebrew and Ethics at what was to become Princeton University, but in the end, he was more a deist than a Christain, leaning more toward John Locke than Witherspoon.

libs are always focused on HUMANS

some they try to kill while still innocent in the womb

But in any case, they have to focus on humans (for better or worse, but it always seems to be the latter ...) because they do not focus on GOD

Again, just bc God is not easily "figured out" people ditch Him and go their "merry" way... but it won't be merry for long (living without a connection to Him)

The Cahtolic Church (again, NOT referring to the Vatican sect which hasn't been Catholic.. well, EVER [since its existence began in 1958) but the real Catholic Church (now in obscurity more/less)

is THE Church Christ founded, therefore NOT a denomination.

(Also: a little tired of people acting like some poster or another is supposed to just know everything and everyone or can't be considered credible)

Please

lol Peter never went near Rome; Jesus was a Rabbi; synagogues were the 'churches', with Jerusalem's being the first Christian house of worship, then others, founded by Paul and the Christian synagogues in Syria and other ME cities and regions. The Syrian and Greek Eastern Orthodox churches after the Jewish expulsions of Christians near the end of the 1st Century and the final break during the Bar Kokhba Revolt and the invention of 'rabbinical Judaism', a sort of counterfeit cult built on the remains of the counterfeit Babylonian cult started by Ezra.

We know Paul made it to Rome, and Peter is never mentioned as being there or having been there. That is a 'Tradition' fabricated by what eventually became the 'Catholic Church'.

Last edited:
lol Peter never went near Rome; Jesus was a Rabbi; synagogues were the 'churches', with Jerusalem's being the first Christian house of worship, then others, founded by Paul and the Christian synagogues in Syria and other ME cities and regions. The Syrian and Greek Eastern Orthodox churches after the Jewish expulsions of Christians near the end of the 1st Century and the final break during the Bar Kokhba Revolt and the invention of 'rabbinical Judaism', a sort of counterfeit cult built on the remains of the counterfeit Babylonian cult started by Ezra.

We know Paul made it to Rome, and Peter is never mentioned as being there or having been there. That is a 'Tradition' fabricated by what eventually became the 'Catholic Church'.

well, the first thing you say is false or likely false

so I don't think I'm going to wade through the possible sewer the rest of this post is... could be

The Bishop of Rome was just another Bishop, not the head bishop, and Constantine didn't make Christianity a govt. endorsed power until the A.D. 300's. The split between the eastern churches and the Roman Catholic western churches occurred in 1054 A.D.

some poster implied this is so

As though only dumb people could believe in that.

I told him (her) that that theory is bs or something to that effect, as I have a pretty good IQ and believe in both.

It's arrogant for people to say such things, not to mention Ironic..

there is nothing more logical than this: that people who are bad all their lives and never repent will be separated from God. God is all good so to be separated from Him... well, you know the rest..

:eek:

I find that very logical myself.. You?

Of course, there are examples of extremely intelligent individuals with strong religious convictions. But various studies have found that, on average, belief in God is associated with lower scores on IQ tests. “It is well established that religiosity correlates inversely with intelligence,” note Richard Daws and Adam Hampshire at Imperial College London, in a new paper published in Frontiers in Psychology, which seeks to explore why.

Of course, there are examples of extremely intelligent individuals with strong religious convictions. But various studies have found that, on average, belief in God is associated with lower scores on IQ tests. “It is well established that religiosity correlates inversely with intelligence,” note Richard Daws and Adam Hampshire at Imperial College London, in a new paper published in Frontiers in Psychology, which seeks to explore why.

BS

I have a high IQ and another person I kind of know very likely does and he is very religious (Catholic)

He studies Church history and theology.. and I can tell by his well written articles that he is very intelligent/logical.

Believing in God is VErY logical... Saying there is no God, on the other hand, is highly ILLOGICAL

BS

I have a high IQ and another person I kind of know very likely does and he is very religious (Catholic)

He studies Church history and theology.. and I can tell by his well written articles that he is very intelligent/logical.

Believing in God is VErY logical... Saying there is no God, on the other hand, is highly ILLOGICAL
If you have the high IQ you claim you do you would understand statistics.

And I'm not an atheist. There is no evidence of the existence of gods and even if there was I would not worship. I don't care if gods exist or not

Imagine the cognitive dissonance of hating and fearing something you don't even believe exists, folks.

lol Peter never went near Rome;

who told you that one?

I've heard otherwise. I'll believe my resources, thank you.

In any case, his bones are there TODAY and have been for centuries

right under the altar of St Peter's basilica, I've heard

"On this rock I will build My Church..." said Jesus...

It looks like the Church is literally built on the rock of St Peter..

(what used to house the Church anyhow)

If you have the high IQ you claim you do you would understand statistics.

And I'm not an atheist. There is no evidence of the existence of gods and even if there was I would not worship. I don't care if gods exist or not
I understand statistics

I read them

when they are given me by reliable sources

who told you that one?

I've heard otherwise. I'll believe my resources, thank you.

In any case, his bones are there TODAY and have been for centuries

right under the altar of St Peter's basilica, I've heard

"On this rock I will build My Church..." said Jesus...

It looks like the Church is literally built on the rock of St Peter..

(what used to house the Church anyhow)

lol never mind what Jesus was referring to when he said that, and no matter how often you keep claiming otherwise there is zero evidence Peter ever went near Rome, and the likelihood that he did is nil. The 'church' was built in Jerusalem. In fact he remained there with James and founded the social network there.

Last edited:
I understand statistics

I read them

when they are given me by reliable sources
And you can't understand that the statistics in no way mean EVERY person with a high IQ doesn't believe in gods so no you really don't understand statistics

Forum List

Back