High IQ people don't believe in Hell or Satan? HUH?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
some poster implied this is so

As though only dumb people could believe in that.

I told him (her) that that theory is bs or something to that effect, as I have a pretty good IQ and believe in both.

It's arrogant for people to say such things, not to mention Ironic..

there is nothing more logical than this: that people who are bad all their lives and never repent will be separated from God. God is all good so to be separated from Him... well, you know the rest..

:eek:

I find that very logical myself.. You?

There is plenty of evidence for Da Evul Xians being dumb as rocks and having low IQ's; take that retard Thomas of Aquina for instance ... Oh ... wait ...ummmm....

And how about that simpleton Thomas Helwys !!! What an idiot! Uhhh... no .... not at all ....

Oh well, I tried to make the assorted sociopaths and deviants feel speshul n stuff, but it just never works.

There is plenty of evidence for Da Evul Xians being dumb as rocks and having low IQ's; take that retard Thomas of Aquina for instance ... Oh ... wait ...ummmm....

so... since I don't u/stand you precisely or feel I don't...

Do u think Christians are generally lower IQ than non-Cs?

so... since I don't u/stand you precisely or feel I don't...

Do u think Christians are generally lower IQ than non-Cs?

Smart people would recognize sarcasm ....

If you never heard of those two, look them up. The Summa Theologica is one of the key texts of western civilization.Get a copy. Helwys is a founder of the Baptist sect; he is where we get one of our key Amendments in the Bill Of Rights, and his sect played a major role in getting Thomas Jefferson elected VP and President. Jefferson was fond of the Baptists, for a lot of good reasons.

Last edited:
IQ is a bit of a farce. There are millions of morons educated far beyond their intellectual capacities. Many of them are college professors. lol
Quite true. I wish I could have given both a laughy and a truth emoji on that one, saving a line of typing.

I told him (her) that that theory is bs or something to that effect, as I have a pretty good IQ and believe in both.

there is nothing more logical than this: that people who are bad all their lives and never repent will be separated from God. God is all good so to be separated from Him... well, you know the rest..

That's right! The Light of Christ was covered up by their refusal to see the Light.
I think Isaac Newton was highly intelligent and very into God.

Smart people would recognize sarcasm ....

If you never heard of those two, look them up. The Summa Theologica is one of the key texts of western civilization.Get a copy. Helwys is a founder of the Baptist sect; he is where we get one of our key Amendments in the Bill Of Rights, and his sect played a major role in getting Thomas Jefferson elected VP and President. Jefferson was fond of the Baptists, for a lot of good reasons.

I did recognize sarcasm, just didn't mention it

Also, since I'm not Baptist, it is logical (OMG therre's that word again!) that I would not necessarily know about this Helwys dude. And yes, I know about the Summa T

I'm Catholic

sorry about that

They aren't morons. They are intelligent people who have decided to use their brains to support a false reality for whatever reason(s). Rachel Maddow is a perfect example.
but that's not very intelligent IMO

maybe I should say it is not wise.. Intelligent people are always doing unwise things.. sigh

Common sense is not necessarily a function of a high IQ.
(some poster said this)

Really?

so lack of common sense means you could have a high IQ and what...?

nobody knows or suspects it?

lol

whatever

My thought is that some highly intelligent people lack common sense in SOME way or another. But they excel at what they excel at

And they would NOT excel even at that without a modicum of common sense.... which is not very common actually

neither is extremely high IQ

There is no provable correlation between Hi IQ and denial of Hell or Satan. Just as there is no provable correlation between being a Democrat or a Republican.
the only thing Ds and Rs have in common is being human (and we often wonder about that Re dims)

There is no logic required for the belief in the supernatural.

There is no logic required for the belief in the supernatural.
Logic is required for yours truly to believe something.

I know that God cannot be understood via logic alone. But God cannot be understood fully

with or without logic

so there's that...

Also, since I'm not Baptist, it is logical (OMG therre's that word again!) that I would not necessarily know about this Helwys dude.

Well, it's about his premise they based the 1st Amendment on, so he shouldn't be totally obscure to Americans regardless of their denomination. The First and Second 'Great Awakenings' aren't taught in history classes any more either, I guess.

but that's not very intelligent IMO

maybe I should say it is not wise.. Intelligent people are always doing unwise things.. sigh

Rote memory skills can be mistaken for intelligence. I don't consider knowledge to be the same thing as intelligence. I don't see intelligence as being something measurable; even a change in diet can affect reasoning.

Forum List

Back