Hi. Any Genesis fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may think that this question is way out there from planet 9, (or beyond) But I have a Genesis song question for you. On which Genesis album does this phrase appear. "As I cuddled the porcupine, he said I had none to blame but me." No cheating by looking it up. Either you know or you don't know.
Duke.

You may think that this question is way out there from planet 9, (or beyond) But I have a Genesis song question for you. On which Genesis album does this phrase appear. "As I cuddled the porcupine, he said I had none to blame but me." No cheating by looking it up. Either you know or you don't know.
Duke.
That's a good album.

Synthaholic

This subject is about good music. Rap is simplistic garbage. Those who created it are garbage. Those who listen to it are garbage. Is that racist enough for you? Now at one time there were probably many who felt the same way about rock & roll. But in that, at least it was musicians playing the music. And in most cases, actually singing. But talking in rhymes to canned music and playing very low frequency single bass notes loudly isn't music to any thinking person. And when such songs often include words like motherfucker and nig ger, it makes it even worse.

Canon Shooter

Well was Peter Gabriel with them? Not that it matters a whole hell of a lot. One of my favorite albums is a live album called "Seconds Out." (And as any musician can tell you, to do stuff really good live is very difficult to do) Phil was the lead singer on that.

Synthaholic

This subject is about good music. Rap is simplistic garbage. Those who created it are garbage. Those who listen to it are garbage. Is that racist enough for you? Now at one time there were probably many who felt the same way about rock & roll. But in that, at least it was musicians playing the music. And in most cases, actually singing. But talking in rhymes to canned music and playing very low frequency single bass notes loudly isn't music to any thinking person. And when such songs often include words like motherfucker and nig ger, it makes it even worse.
You can't spell crap without rap.

Canon Shooter

Well was Peter Gabriel with them? Not that it matters a whole hell of a lot. One of my favorite albums is a live album called "Seconds Out." (And as any musician can tell you, to do stuff really good live is very difficult to do) Phil was the lead singer on that.

Oh, this was in the early 80's. Gabriel had left years before (1975, I think?)...

Synthaholic

A+ backpedalling

Mindful

Not bad. But I like the live version from the album "Seconds Out" better. With Steve Hacket on guitar.

Absolutely.

I loved Sega Genesis.

Genesis was better than the iPhone X.

iu

Welcome aboard! :113:

Dogmaphobe

Off the Genesis - "Seconds Out" live album by any chance? It is possibly the best live recording that any band ever made. I have heard that Steve Hacket was reprising "Seconds Out" in Scotland.
I have Seconds out on vinyl, but my old turntable is broken, so I just listen to cd these days. I have seen videos of Hacket performing with a new band, which I like in general, though the singer is irritating.

Synthaholic

He must have known he was a good singer. He was just reluctant to step out from behind the drums. Which he considered to be his home in a way. On a Genesis documentary I have, Peter Gabriel admitted that Phil had a better natural singing voice than he did. And off "Then there were three," I think my favorite song was "Many Too Many."
Collins is more pitch perfect, but his voice is thinner and not as emotive as Gabriel.

I prefer Gabriel by far.

Never heard of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back