Hi. Any Genesis fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracie

Phil Collins never left Genesis. But they did split up for a time and pursue solo projects while Phil spent time in British Columbia to be near his family and possibly get back together with his wife.

petro

Interesting to know. I never listened to any Robert Plant stuff. I wonder what kind of back up vocals Phil added to Plant's songs.

Hellokitty

I'm surprised those kids have the ability to like anything but rap.

The videos I've watch feature a lot of rock and most of the time they are blown away with the vocals and/or music. There's several youtubers who make these, it's fun to watch young people find appreciation for music beyond what they and their friends listen to.

Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - 1974

Only got to see them once, at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium in New York City. That was one Hell of a show...

hjmick

I pretty much lost interest in Genesis after the album "And then there were three." Even that particular album seemed to be more Phil Collins than Genesis. More so afterwards. And who could blame them with the success Phil Collins had as a solo artist.
That one had 'Follow You, Follow Me'. I love that song, and it used to be one of my favorite synth solos to play.

I firmly believe Phil Collins was not only THE male voice of the 1980s, he's also one of the best pop singers ever. It's amazing that he never even knew he was singer until he was forced into the role due to Gabriel's departure. But what a great voice.

You may think that this question is way out there from planet 9, (or beyond) But I have a Genesis song question for you. On which Genesis album does this phrase appear. "As I cuddled the porcupine, he said I had none to blame but me." No cheating by looking it up. Either you know or you don't know.
Welcome to USMB, Planet9. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Dogmaphobe

Off the Genesis - "Seconds Out" live album by any chance? It is possibly the best live recording that any band ever made. I have heard that Steve Hacket was reprising "Seconds Out" in Scotland.

Synthaholic

He must have known he was a good singer. He was just reluctant to step out from behind the drums. Which he considered to be his home in a way. On a Genesis documentary I have, Peter Gabriel admitted that Phil had a better natural singing voice than he did. And off "Then there were three," I think my favorite song was "Many Too Many."

Likkmee

Peter Gabriel made a biblical reference in one of the Genesis songs. He sang, "You. Can't you see he's fooled you all." It's in the song, "The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back