Hi. Any Genesis fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planet9

Jul 5, 2021
You may think that this question is way out there from planet 9, (or beyond) But I have a Genesis song question for you. On which Genesis album does this phrase appear. "As I cuddled the porcupine, he said I had none to blame but me." No cheating by looking it up. Either you know or you don't know.

It's from The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, the song is Back In N.Y.C.

Yes, I am a fan. I've seen them live a few times. Their early stuff is much, much better than the stuff from the '90s...

• Banned
Gracie

Phil Collins may have had more success as a solo act than Genesis did as a band. But I think Genesis is way more cool. Especially when Peter Gabriel was the lead singer.

• Banned
daveman

It would have been even more cool if they were doing so for the song "Apocalypse in 9/8." Which was a sub-song within the song "Supper's Ready" off the Foxtrot album. But that would have probably been over their heads. Such as the "9/8." That was the timing signature of the song. And a very difficult one to keep track of. The members of Genesis were top notch musicians.

hjmick

I pretty much lost interest in Genesis after the album "And then there were three." Even that particular album seemed to be more Phil Collins than Genesis. More so afterwards. And who could blame them with the success Phil Collins had as a solo artist.

Genesis was one of my favorite bands. I even like the newer We Can't Dance album.
Phil Collins solo stuff was good. Little known fact was that Phil Collins did drums for Robert Plants first two solo albums.
I did like Peter Gabriel in his solo stuff.
Mike and the Mechanics was alright, but they had a few get radio play.

A young kid that worked for us had no clue who Genesis was, and when the song Land of Confusion came on the rock station he thought it was a remake of Disturbed's version. :auiqs.jpg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back