Here’s What’s Comin’

The entire story is available in countless studies and books. I have been referencing one that a poster mentioned that I read: the Color of Law. The fact is that even liberals in very liberal towns like San Francisco didnt want blacks living in their neighborhoods and thus used unscrupulous measures to limit their ability to get mortgages in areas where housing would appreciate or even at all. It wasnt like one political party was the sinister party. It was systemic in all matters related to housing everywhere, yes, including modern strongholds of liberals.
Well, I can tell you from first hand experience that 'walking while white' through a poor black neighborhood can easily get you mugged. Forget them not wanting whites to move into their area, they don't even want whites walking down the street.

The entire story is available in countless studies and books. I have been referencing one that a poster mentioned that I read: the Color of Law. The fact is that even liberals in very liberal towns like San Francisco didnt want blacks living in their neighborhoods and thus used unscrupulous measures to limit their ability to get mortgages in areas where housing would appreciate or even at all. It wasnt like one political party was the sinister party. It was systemic in all matters related to housing everywhere, yes, including modern strongholds of liberals.
none of it supports your claim..."the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

Careful.....you may just put a cork in his pie hole.

Well, I can tell you from first hand experience that 'walking while white' through a poor black neighborhood can easily get you mugged. Forget them not wanting whites to move into their area, they don't even want whites walking down the street.

Perhaps that what Jesse Jackson meant, when he said this, in 1993:
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then (I) look around and see someone white and feel relieved."

There’s lots of examples. The one used in this thread a few times is that the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks who were never able to build equity through home ownership through generations leaving us with 15% of the population with 2.4% of its wealth.
actually incorrect. The discussion was about black vets from WWII who didn't apply for veteran benefits that would have given them the ability to receive the same benefits as those who did submit. failure to fill out paperwork is not whites failures. so factually to the discussion in here, you're wrong.
Whites have been given everything by the government and your hands stay extended ask for more.
like?
There’s lots of examples. The one used in this thread a few times is that the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks who were never able to build equity through home ownership through generations leaving us with 15% of the population with 2.4% of its wealth.

"... the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

Quote the statement or you're lying again, Corky.
Whites have been given everything by the government and your hands stay extended ask for more.
like?

So there is no such quote????

Looks like I put a cork in your pie hole again, huh?

Here you go. Again, you’re looking for some cigar filled meeting on video with hand shakes to screw blackAmericans. That’s not what happened. Here is a perfect example of blacks not getting mortgages because their areas were “red” not “green” only because of skin color.

“In 1933, to rescue households that were about to default, the administration created the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (HOLC). It purchased existing mortgages that were subject to imminent foreclosure and then issued new mortgages with repayment schedules of up to fifteen years (later extended to twenty-five years). In addition, HOLC mortgages were amortized, meaning that each month’s payment included some principal as well as interest, so when the loan was paid off, the borrower would own the home. Thus, for the first time, working- and middle-class home-owners could gradually gain equity while their properties were still mortgaged. If a family with an amortized mortgage sold its home, the equity (including any appreciation) would be the family’s to keep.

HOLC mortgages had low interest rates, but the borrowers still were obligated to make regular payments. The HOLC, therefore, had to exercise prudence about its borrowers’ abilities to avoid default. To assess risk, the HOLC wanted to know something about the condition of the house and of surrounding houses in the neighborhood to see whether the property would likely maintain its value. The HOLC hired local real estate agents to make the appraisals on which refinancing decisions could be based. With these agents required by their national ethics code to maintain segregation, it’s not surprising that in gauging risk HOLC considered the racial composition of neighborhoods.

For example, in St. Louis, the white middle-class suburb of Ladue was colored green because, according to an HOLC appraiser in 1940, it had “not a single foreigner or negro.” The similarly middle-class suburban area of Lincoln Terrace was colored red because it had “little or no value today . . . due to the colored element now controlling the district. Although the HOLC did not always decline to rescue homeowners in neighborhoods colored red on its maps (i.e., redlined neighborhoods), the maps had a huge impact and put the federal government on record as judging that African Americans, simply because of their race, were poor risks.”

Excerpt From
The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America
Richard Rothstein

Where is a quote from government that states "the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

You provided the usual Leftist propaganda.

If there is no such statute, regulation, or law......well, that makes you a low-life liar.

Now, get to work, Corky.
Here you go. I stopping a few minutes from making bank to post this for you. ;)

It is literally class 101 in the history of loans in the US.

Wow!

....lots of tap dancing, but no proof of your claim.

Where is a quote from government that states "the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

Either you can provide a law, regulation, statute that said what you've claimed, or you can't.

It better include the word, 'black,' or 'African American,' or Negro.. ....or you are simply a low-life lying Liberal.

Get to it, Corky.
Fuck you. ;) Show me where a company's guidelines says to discriminate against women in hiring, dumbshit.

I have a gift for making dopes leap to vulgarity. It’s one of the hoops I make Liberals jump through. Shall I make you roll over and play dead?

Clearly, foul-mouth, I nailed you to the wall proving you simply a lying low-life Liberal.

Every reader knows that you couldn't find any such quote as ""the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

And when you lie again......I'll do the same.
I just posted 3 sources that explained it. You asked for a legal document passed by congress claiming we are not going to loan blacks money for homes. That doesnt exist of course because it was in practice not written law. You know that. You accept that. You just, for some reason, dont like the nuances in determining what led us to where we are.

As for namecalling, you called me Corky 4-5 times in a row. Feel free to increase the level of decorum in our exchange but I dont mind name calling if you dont, you shithead. ;) Yea, I won that too.

No juvenile vulgarity....no matter how embarrassed I make you.

Try again.....and I'll even let you keep searching for proof of your claim: "the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."
You need me to explain redlining? Or are you unaware it was a federal agency? Or maybe it didn’t exist when it was outlawed only as recently as 1968? Or you can’t fathom it would discourage applicants since their loans wouldn’t get approved?

Eighty years ago, a federal agency, the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (HOLC), created “Residential Security” maps of major American cities. These maps document how loan officers, appraisers and real estate professionals evaluated mortgage lending risk during the era immediately before the surge of suburbanization in the 1950’s. Neighborhoods considered high risk or “Hazardous” were often “redlined” by lending institutions, denying them access to capital investment which could improve the housing and economic opportunity of residents.

none of it supports your claim..."the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."
I just posted it. Again.
Eighty years ago, a federal agency, the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (HOLC), created “Residential Security” maps of major American cities. These maps document how loan officers, appraisers and real estate professionals evaluated mortgage lending risk during the era immediately before the surge of suburbanization in the 1950’s. Neighborhoods considered high risk or “Hazardous” were often “redlined” by lending institutions, denying them access to capital investment which could improve the housing and economic opportunity of residents.

actually incorrect. The discussion was about black vets from WWII who didn't apply for veteran benefits that would have given them the ability to receive the same benefits as those who did submit. failure to fill out paperwork is not whites failures. so factually to the discussion in here, you're wrong.
like?

like?

Here you go. Again, you’re looking for some cigar filled meeting on video with hand shakes to screw blackAmericans. That’s not what happened. Here is a perfect example of blacks not getting mortgages because their areas were “red” not “green” only because of skin color.

“In 1933, to rescue households that were about to default, the administration created the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (HOLC). It purchased existing mortgages that were subject to imminent foreclosure and then issued new mortgages with repayment schedules of up to fifteen years (later extended to twenty-five years). In addition, HOLC mortgages were amortized, meaning that each month’s payment included some principal as well as interest, so when the loan was paid off, the borrower would own the home. Thus, for the first time, working- and middle-class home-owners could gradually gain equity while their properties were still mortgaged. If a family with an amortized mortgage sold its home, the equity (including any appreciation) would be the family’s to keep.

HOLC mortgages had low interest rates, but the borrowers still were obligated to make regular payments. The HOLC, therefore, had to exercise prudence about its borrowers’ abilities to avoid default. To assess risk, the HOLC wanted to know something about the condition of the house and of surrounding houses in the neighborhood to see whether the property would likely maintain its value. The HOLC hired local real estate agents to make the appraisals on which refinancing decisions could be based. With these agents required by their national ethics code to maintain segregation, it’s not surprising that in gauging risk HOLC considered the racial composition of neighborhoods.

For example, in St. Louis, the white middle-class suburb of Ladue was colored green because, according to an HOLC appraiser in 1940, it had “not a single foreigner or negro.” The similarly middle-class suburban area of Lincoln Terrace was colored red because it had “little or no value today . . . due to the colored element now controlling the district. Although the HOLC did not always decline to rescue homeowners in neighborhoods colored red on its maps (i.e., redlined neighborhoods), the maps had a huge impact and put the federal government on record as judging that African Americans, simply because of their race, were poor risks.”

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

If there is no such statute, regulation, or law......well, that makes you a low-life liar.

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Either you can provide a law, regulation, statute that said what you've claimed, or you can't.

It better include the word, 'black,' or 'African American,' or Negro.. ....or you are simply a low-life lying Liberal.

Get to it, Corky.
Fuck you. ;) Show me where a company's guidelines says to discriminate against women in hiring, dumbshit.

I have a gift for making dopes leap to vulgarity. It’s one of the hoops I make Liberals jump through. Shall I make you roll over and play dead?

Clearly, foul-mouth, I nailed you to the wall proving you simply a lying low-life Liberal.

Every reader knows that you couldn't find any such quote as ""the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

I just posted 3 sources that explained it. You asked for a legal document passed by congress claiming we are not going to loan blacks money for homes. That doesnt exist of course because it was in practice not written law. You know that. You accept that. You just, for some reason, dont like the nuances in determining what led us to where we are.

As for namecalling, you called me Corky 4-5 times in a row. Feel free to increase the level of decorum in our exchange but I dont mind name calling if you dont, you shithead. ;) Yea, I won that too.

Try again.....and I'll even let you keep searching for proof of your claim: "the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."
You need me to explain redlining? Or are you unaware it was a federal agency? Or maybe it didn’t exist when it was outlawed only as recently as 1968? Or you can’t fathom it would discourage applicants since their loans wouldn’t get approved?

It doesn't say black, African American, nor Negro.

Hence you have re-established your creds as a low-life lying Liberal.

Three time.....thrice.....I have provided specific data from which you slithered and hid.

Now, more than three times, you produced what one would expect from any institution with fiduciary responsibility......don't give NINJA loans.....

a type of high-risk loan issued to borrowers with no income, no job, and no assets

It says nothing about race.

You were lying from the start because you cannot shake off the indoctrination.

Time for you to get lost, Corky.

like?

like?

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Get to it, Corky.

that doesn't back your claim about mortgage loans for blacks. just doesn't. Shit dude you can post that a hundred times and it still doesn't state your claim. repeating the same shit doesn't change the facts it doesn't say insure mortgage loans for blacks. your claim, no one elses at the moment.

So your point and politicalshitheadchic's point is that discrimination can't occur if it isnt written in a law? Do you know how disingenuous... or a lie more accurately.. that is? Let's face you you and her wont settle for anything short of your racist opinions that black people are in their current level of disenfranchisement because they are inferior and make inferior decision. You conceded.
nah, see the point you can't grasp is that when one doesn't file for benefits one is entitled to, then that lack of follow through is on them and not on me. Black's have had mortgages for quite some time through the decades, yours is just an excuse to cover up for the inability to follow the procedures to get what they need, and for the vets deserved. not filing is their issue.

Plus for all to read from your own post you wrote,

“did not specifically exclude African Americans “

your own words! Concession on your part at that moment!
He's a race baiter plain and simple.
Nah. No one here wants to have an honest debate on it. There is no reasonable person who claims African Americans havent been discriminated against in housing and by laws and regulations regulated into segregation which all have limited the wealth accumulation of black families. The real debate is what to do about it. Maybe you have a good argument for doing nothing but there is no argument that what i described didnt occur. We cant have honest debates if we cant at least acknowledge real facts then debate what to do about it even if we disagree.
What to do about it ? It's already been done. Now if blacks (the one's guilty), didn't take advantage of everything the feds have done for them all the way up to this point, then it's on them. King said it best, that's it's character not color that a person is to be judged upon, but blacks (the one's guilty), love to try and deflect away from that, and blame white's for their failures in life. Do you think that Black priveledge exist ??? Yes it does, and it is being seen in the attitudes of some blacks (the one's guilty of it), whom think that they are special, and that they don't have to abide by the rules or standards set by society. We see it everyday, but excuses are made for it.

Again, this isn't at all a dig against black's as a whole, but their are those whom cause alot of problems for the black American's who want the same things that white American's want, and that is to love their fellow American brothers and sisters no matter what their color is.

Your race baiting has been political, and it is sad really.

like?

like?

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Get to it, Corky.

Three time.....thrice.....I have provided specific data from which you slithered and hid.

Now, more than three times, you produced what one would expect from any institution with fiduciary responsibility......don't give NINJA loans.....

a type of high-risk loan issued to borrowers with no income, no job, and no assets

Are you really this dumb? I have out debated and out cited you. You’ve been reduced to name calling and white flagging the debate. I win and you are a loser. Denying that redlining was racially driven is utter nonsense. You have lost all credibility with me. You are a liar and a fake. You acted like an intellectual but as it turns out your education pales mine as much as your comprehension skills do. You are a L o s e r.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
like?

like?

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Get to it, Corky.

Are you really this dumb? I have out debated and out cited you. You’ve been reduced to name calling and white flagging the debate. I win and you are a loser. Denying that redlining was racially driven is utter nonsense. You have lost all credibility with me. You are a liar and a fake. You acted like an intellectual but as it turns out your education pales mine as much as your comprehension skills do. You are a L o s e r.
Do everyone a favor and read how to quote without dragging endless posts.

pull out the quote from your link.
Sigh....

" For decades, many banks in the U.S. denied mortgages to people, mostly people of color in urban areas, preventing them from buying a home in certain neighborhoods or getting a loan to renovate their house. The practice — once backed by the U.S. government — started in the 1930s and took place across the country. That includes in many of the nation's largest cities, such as Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa and others with large minority populations. "

This is your claim..... "the US wouldn’t insure mortgage loans for blacks ..."

That post sure doesn't mirror that claim.

So you were just lyin'????????

A White Post-War Housing Boom—And Redlining in Black Neighborhoods

The postwar housing boom almost entirely excluded Black Americans, most of whom remained in cities that received less and less investment from businesses and banks.

Though the GI Bill guaranteed low-interest mortgages and other loans, they were not administered by the VA itself. Thus, the VA could cosign, but not actually guarantee the loans. This gave white-run financial institutions free reign to refuse mortgages and loans to Black people.

Redlining—a decades-old practice of marking maps by race to characterize the risks of lending money and providing insurance—made purchasing a home even more difficult for Black veterans. Lenders froze out poorer neighborhoods, ensuring that loan assistance and insurance would be denied. And new white suburbs often came with overtly racist covenants that denied entry to Black people.

In 1947, only 2 of the more than 3,200 VA-guaranteed home loans in 13 Mississippi cities went to Black borrowers. “These impediments were not confined to the South,” notes historian Ira Katznelson. “In New York and the northern New Jersey suburbs, fewer than 100 of the 67,000 mortgages insured by the GI bill supported home purchases by non-whites.”

Sigh....

" For decades, many banks in the U.S. denied mortgages to people, mostly people of color in urban areas, preventing them from buying a home in certain neighborhoods or getting a loan to renovate their house. The practice — once backed by the U.S. government — started in the 1930s and took place across the country. That includes in many of the nation's largest cities, such as Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa and others with large minority populations. "

The postwar housing boom almost entirely excluded Black Americans, most of whom remained in cities that received less and less investment from businesses and banks.

Though the GI Bill guaranteed low-interest mortgages and other loans, they were not administered by the VA itself. Thus, the VA could cosign, but not actually guarantee the loans. This gave white-run financial institutions free reign to refuse mortgages and loans to Black people.

Redlining—a decades-old practice of marking maps by race to characterize the risks of lending money and providing insurance—made purchasing a home even more difficult for Black veterans. Lenders froze out poorer neighborhoods, ensuring that loan assistance and insurance would be denied. And new white suburbs often came with overtly racist covenants that denied entry to Black people.

In 1947, only 2 of the more than 3,200 VA-guaranteed home loans in 13 Mississippi cities went to Black borrowers. “These impediments were not confined to the South,” notes historian Ira Katznelson. “In New York and the northern New Jersey suburbs, fewer than 100 of the 67,000 mortgages insured by the GI bill supported home purchases by non-whites.”

All due to a non-trust between white's and blacks ever since slavery, and a civil war that rocked this nation to it's core over it all, but slowly it's all being fixed, and white's and black's have been working out their differences ever since. The problem is race baiter's and racist like you who don't want equality, but want something far more sinister for the nation. Hopefully the nation doesn't fall for it, and it reduces the trouble makers to hard laborers whom won't have the time to sit around causing trouble for the good Black's and White's in this country without resistance of. Sure we have a troubled past in this country, but as long as progress is being made every step of the way, and the new generations are keeping the past behind them instead of in front of them, then we are going to all be ok.

Go find another country to destroy, because your type shouldn't be welcomed here in this one.

like?

like?

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Get to it, Corky.

Let's leave it to readers to see if you were able to accurately respond to any of the clearly dispositive statistics I provided.

As I said earlier.....time for you to get lost.

like?

like?

Excerpt From
Richard Rothstein

Now, get to work, Corky.

Wow!

Get to it, Corky.

Let's leave it to readers to see if you were able to accurately respond to any of the clearly dispositive statistics I provided.

As I said earlier.....time for you to get lost.
Deal, dude.

Sigh....

"In 1947, only 2 of the more than 3,200 VA-guaranteed home loans in 13 Mississippi cities went to Black borrowers."

Why?

Here's why:

high-risk loan issued to borrowers with no income, no job, and no assets

Doesn't mention skin color, does it.

Why is that? Because Sowell point out how dumb it is to demand skin color quotas?

Or because I provided the real difference in success......personal life style choices, not skin color?
Dude. You keep posting nonsense, linking irrelevant opinions, and claiming victory for not getting an immediate response from me while I’m out running American business.

Your argument is that skin color doesn’t effect your outcomes only your choices affect your outcomes. If that is the case, why are the results so utterly miserable for people with dark skin color? I posted two clear and concise links of data not opinions from idiots.

Only two choices to explain the poor outcomes for black Americans... Either the system is working against them OR you believe something about their skin color effects their decision making. Otherwise we’d have even distributed bad decision makers in America regardless of your skin color. There isn’t another choice. You tell me what you believe or are you a coward? Answer the question.

"Your argument is that skin color doesn’t effect your outcomes"

Exactly right, Corky

It's life choice.

And these are the right ones:
“The chart endeavors to list "the ways white people and their traditions, attitudes and ways of life have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States." Among those traditions, attitudes, and ways of life are: Individualism, hard work, objectivity, the nuclear family, a belief in progress, a written tradition, politeness, the justice system, respect for authority, delayed gratification and planning for the future, plus much more.” Smithsonian Goes Full Marxist: Nuclear Family, Science, Christianity All Part of Oppressive 'Whiteness'

I'm down wit all dat!!!!

See what you've learned?
I think the United States Balkanizing into 4-5 new nations because of Civil War will happen before the Communists take over. I would rather be a citizen of one of the new Nations than be ruled by The Bernie Sanders- AOC Marxist wing of the Communist Democratic Party.

Why is that? Because Sowell point out how dumb it is to demand skin color quotas?

Or because I provided the real difference in success......personal life style choices, not skin color?
Dude. You keep posting nonsense, linking irrelevant opinions, and claiming victory for not getting an immediate response from me while I’m out running American business.

Your argument is that skin color doesn’t effect your outcomes only your choices affect your outcomes. If that is the case, why are the results so utterly miserable for people with dark skin color? I posted two clear and concise links of data not opinions from idiots.

Only two choices to explain the poor outcomes for black Americans... Either the system is working against them OR you believe something about their skin color effects their decision making. Otherwise we’d have even distributed bad decision makers in America regardless of your skin color. There isn’t another choice. You tell me what you believe or are you a coward? Answer the question.

Exactly right, Corky

It's life choice.

“The chart endeavors to list "the ways white people and their traditions, attitudes and ways of life have been normalized over time and are now considered standard practices in the United States." Among those traditions, attitudes, and ways of life are: Individualism, hard work, objectivity, the nuclear family, a belief in progress, a written tradition, politeness, the justice system, respect for authority, delayed gratification and planning for the future, plus much more.” Smithsonian Goes Full Marxist: Nuclear Family, Science, Christianity All Part of Oppressive 'Whiteness'

I'm down wit all dat!!!!

See what you've learned?
I think the United States Balkanizing into 4-5 new nations because of Civil War will happen before the Communists take over. I would rather be a citizen of one of the new Nations than be ruled by The Bernie Sanders- AOC Marxist wing of the Communist Democratic Party.
Yea. Remember how bad it got Under Obama... and Clinton? So bad we all voted them back into office. Don’t be a crazy person.

Sigh....

"In 1947, only 2 of the more than 3,200 VA-guaranteed home loans in 13 Mississippi cities went to Black borrowers."

Why?

Here's why:

high-risk loan issued to borrowers with no income, no job, and no assets

Doesn't mention skin color, does it.
Go fuck yourself.

Exactly right, Corky

It's life choice.

I'm down wit all dat!!!!

See what you've learned?
Yea. Remember how bad it got Under Obama... and Clinton? So bad we all voted them back into office. Don’t be a crazy person.
then why didn't they stick to that policy with hitlery? please, enlighten us.

oh wait, they did, she fking lost. your argument is wiped out. Mic drop!!!

Forum List

Back