Here’s what you REALLY need to know about Mueller’s ‘disagreement’ letter to AG Barr

""The thing you can't deny about Trump is that HE DID NOT need the job of POTUS. Being POTUS isn't going to enrich him like it did Bill Clinton or Obama. Whether or not Trump's businesses have suffered while he handed the reigns over to his sons is an open question. But, clearly, he didn't see the presidency as an avenue to getting rich.""

Excuse me? You mean all those people checking into Mar-a-Lago and the golf courses and the Trump Hotels aren't making Trump & Fils rich? You believe he turned his businesses over to his sons and makes no business decisions regarding owned businesses and future prospects? Yep, Clinton & Obama got rich AFTER terms giving speeches and appearances. I will never see Trump as not seeing the presidency as an avenue to getting rich(er). But mostly it feeds his unwholesome unhealthy and highly embarrassing to the nation need for adoration and power. Furthermore, he plays his cronies like Hannity and Pirro and Ingraham and Carlson for stooges far more than the MSM press will stand for. Not to mention all those who have sold their honor and creds by loyally working on his behalf to snooker the nation.
Like obama writing a book while POTUS?
Or his state dept buying tens of thousands of copies of one of his books, while POTUS?
A billionaire getting rich from a hotel stay?
Are you a moron? Serious question?

No books were wrote while Obama was Potus and all state depts. buy presidential books to give to other countries.
How Barack Obama Has Made $20 Million Since Arriving In Washington

Tramp is self dealing, Obama did not self deal. His books sold themselves. Like tramp is selling his books now.
were written.

his books sold themselves. lord the shit you'll say just so you don't have to be part of the normal world of right and wrong mixing freely with each other.
Thanks for the correction. I am getting pretty sick of corrections made by illiterates.
i'm hardly one to correct someone else. between my fat fingers and tablets, phones and normal keyboards, i never know what i'm saying anymore. but when someone is out scolding people but can't show more than a 4th grade comprehension, it just cracks me the hell up.
I rarely do correct others. Hell, spell check is a demon from hell. Sometimes, I just get sick of this illiterate shit where the assume some superiority, claim some better education, whatever. I just get pushed over the edge. I usually allow for typos and spell check, though.

Wait a second. The question is about Mueller‘s letter to William Barr but the OP starts off with Venezuela?

~~~~~~
Surely deposing Maduro from Venezuela is more important than the lede on WAPO Page One. Whipping the dead horse of Collusion and Russia is getting old.

You can keep your plan if you like it, Benghazi and the Iranian Deal. I don't recall seeing any Washington Post Pinocchio's assigned to Obama for this.

Lest we forget: Washington Post's Kessler: Obama a 'Biggest Pinocchio' of 2013

~~~~~~
Obama Lesson: 'Shovel Ready' Not So Ready - The Caucus
Obama Lesson: 'Shovel Ready' Not So Ready
Oct 15, 2010 · Obama Lesson: ‘Shovel Ready’ Not So Ready. “But the problem is,” he continued, “is that spending it out takes a long time, because there’s really nothing — there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.” White House officials said the president still strongly …
The Shovel-Ready Jobs Swindle
Oct 14, 2011 · The Shovel-Ready Jobs Swindle. ... Harvard economist Martin Feldstein calculated that each job created by President Obama’s American Jobs Act would cost taxpayers $200,000. ... shovel-ready as we thought.” While this explanation might satisfy a room full of friendly supporters, it is doubtful that the millions of jobless across the nation ...

Mueller’s main job was to answer the obstruction question. He abdicated. Barr’s letter made that obvious. The press coverage elucidated it. This made Mueller very unhappy. So he wrote a letter whining about “context.”

Of course, context is not a prosecutor’s job. That is the stuff of political narratives.

Mueller was not effectively supervised. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein allowed him to get into the political narrative business – just as he allowed the special counsel to persist in the collusion investigation for over a year after it was clear that there was no collusion case.

Without supervision, Mueller’s staff continued weaving a tale rather than acknowledging that they had not found a crime. For example, the allegation against George Papadopoulos – namely, that he lied about the date of a meeting – could have been charged in a single paragraph. Instead, the charge is accompanied by Mueller’s 14-page “statement of the offense,” which is not a statement of the false-statement offense at all – it is a lot of huffing and puffing about almost-but-not-really collusion.

The Michael Flynn false-statements charge similarly comes with a script about unremarkable discussions between an incoming national security advisor and Russian counterpart that are portrayed as almost-not-quite-collusion.

The Roger Stone indictment for still more process crimes – i.e., crimes the investigation caused rather than examined – is a 20-page epic of “something around here sure smells like collusion.”

No collusion charges, no espionage conspiracy evidence … just enough intrigue to keep a soap opera rolling along.

It is not a prosecutor’s job, under the pretext of “context,” to taint people by publicizing non-criminal conduct. If the investigative subject has committed no offense, the public is customarily told nothing. If a defendant is charged with a relatively minor offense, the indictment is supposed to reflect that.

You are supposed to see the crime for what it is, not view it through the prism of the prosecutor’s big ambitions. If all George Papadopoulos did was fib about when a meeting happened, the function of an indictment is to put him on notice of that charge; it is not to weave a heroic tale of how hard the prosecutor tried to find collusion with a hostile foreign power.

Mueller was annoyed because Barr’s report showed Mueller didn’t do the job he was retained to do, and omitted all the narrative-writing that Mueller preferred to do.

Before Attorney General Barr issued his letter outlining the special counsel’s conclusions, Mueller was invited to review it for accuracy. Mueller declined. After Barr explained that Mueller had not decided the obstruction question, the press reported on this dereliction. Mueller is miffed about the press coverage … but he can’t say Barr misrepresented his findings.

Like the Mueller investigation, this episode is designed to fuel a political narrative. But we don’t need a narrative – we don’t even need anyone to explain the report plainly. That’s because we now have the report. We can read it for ourselves. The rest is noise.

Mueller's letter to Barr - You're letter is accurate, but where's my mood music?

This is what we really need to know about Mueller's letter.

He was the Special Counsel. He was suppose to make the call on Collusion and Conspiracy. He did. He exonerated Trump.

Mueller was also supposed to make the call on any Obstruction, if any was there. He did not make that call. He left it to the
AG. The AG made the call.

The Special Counsel's work is complete and the case is closed.

End of Story.

You can keep your plan if you like it, Benghazi and the Iranian Deal. I don't recall seeing any Washington Post Pinocchio's assigned to Obama for this.

Lest we forget: Washington Post's Kessler: Obama a 'Biggest Pinocchio' of 2013

~~~~~~
Obama Lesson: 'Shovel Ready' Not So Ready - The Caucus
Obama Lesson: 'Shovel Ready' Not So Ready
Oct 15, 2010 · Obama Lesson: ‘Shovel Ready’ Not So Ready. “But the problem is,” he continued, “is that spending it out takes a long time, because there’s really nothing — there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.” White House officials said the president still strongly …
Oct 14, 2011 · The Shovel-Ready Jobs Swindle. ... Harvard economist Martin Feldstein calculated that each job created by President Obama’s American Jobs Act would cost taxpayers $200,000. ... shovel-ready as we thought.” While this explanation might satisfy a room full of friendly supporters, it is doubtful that the millions of jobless across the nation ...
With Obama we needed shovels to clean up the bullshit.

Forum List

Back