Here we go: Democrat leader Pelosi and Schumer call for gun control in wake of Texas mass shooting

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) called for the Senate to vote on gun control legislation in the wake of the mass shooting in Midland, Texas.
HERE WE GO: Democrat Leaders Pelosi and Schumer Call For Gun Control in Wake of Texas Mass Shooting

WE SAW THIS GUN BS COMING A MILE AWAY!! YOU CAN READ A DEMOCRATIC MORON LIKE AN OPENN BOOK ..........
Everyone kNNows you idiots lie cheat and steal---------- everyone also knows when you stupid mother fkrs want guns taken you have a nice shoot out happen so you can get your weak minded stupid asses to start their ggun grab shit

NNEWS FLASH FKRS . 10000 PPL COULD GET SHOT UP BY . A NON LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER AND WE STILL WONN'T GIVE UP OUR 2NND AMENDMENT ASSHOLES KEEP SLAPPING UR LAWS PP L WILL STILL HAVE GUNS YOU MENTLA PUSSIES!!

Another senseless massacre and gun nuts start spouting........you are not allowed to talk about guns

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) called for the Senate to vote on gun control legislation in the wake of the mass shooting in Midland, Texas.
HERE WE GO: Democrat Leaders Pelosi and Schumer Call For Gun Control in Wake of Texas Mass Shooting

WE SAW THIS GUN BS COMING A MILE AWAY!! YOU CAN READ A DEMOCRATIC MORON LIKE AN OPENN BOOK ..........
Everyone kNNows you idiots lie cheat and steal---------- everyone also knows when you stupid mother fkrs want guns taken you have a nice shoot out happen so you can get your weak minded stupid asses to start their ggun grab shit

NNEWS FLASH FKRS . 10000 PPL COULD GET SHOT UP BY . A NON LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER AND WE STILL WONN'T GIVE UP OUR 2NND AMENDMENT ASSHOLES KEEP SLAPPING UR LAWS PP L WILL STILL HAVE GUNS YOU MENTLA PUSSIES!!

This is apropos of nothing on this topic but I have to ask because it's really bothering me. Is there a meaning to the double "n" in some of your words or is it is just a typo? Please don't take my question as a personal attack. I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing an intentional meaning.

This is apropos of nothing on this topic but I have to ask because it's really bothering me. Is there a meaning to the double "n" in some of your words or is it is just a typo? Please don't take my question as a personal attack. I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing an intentional meaning.
MindWars can't type for shit.

Another senseless massacre and gun nuts start spouting........you are not allowed to talk about guns

The problem are NOT the guns it is the people, especially a class of people democrats ignores over and over.

Have you ever bothered to examine the Demographics of the mass shooters?

They are nearly always on drugs and/or mentally ill, and amazingly often a democrat who does the mass shootings.

MindWars can't type for shit.

Okay - it wasn't meant as a criticism. I make my share of error too. Thank god for spellcheck.

The problem are NOT the guns it is the people, especially a class of people democrats ignores over and over.

They are nearly always on drugs and/or mentally ill, and amazingly often a democrat who does the mass shootings.

I have to disagree with your assertion that the shooters are often of one particular party but setting that aside, let's say your position that it's not the gun but the wielder of the gun that is the problem. What do you think is the best approach to making society safe until we are able to get a handle on those behavioral influencers?

I have to disagree with your assertion that the shooters are often of one particular party but setting that aside, let's say your position that it's not the gun but the wielder of the gun that is the problem. What do you think is the best approach to making society safe until we are able to get a handle on those behavioral influencers?
Society didnt get here overnite. There are no quick fixes.

I agree.....so what steps can we start taking to move towards a fix?

As they should. I don't see countries with strong gun control having regular mass shootings. They also have homicide rates a fraction of ours.

Step one properly identify the problem

Society is only as safe those who are allowed to defend themselves, taking guns away doesn't stop the criminal behavior of people, they will use other means as a recent killing in FRANCE showed when Knives were the weapon used. The reality is that some types of guns are not even the most common choice for murder anyway, from The Federalist:

Knives Kill More People Each Year Than Rifles: Time For Knife Control?

November 11, 2014 By Sean Davis

Excerpt:

"According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.

=================

Most of the serious crimes occurs in the large cities, the URBAN areas where large number of people congregate, which becomes a brew for all kinds of criminal activities.

Instead of more useless gun bannings, and restrictions laws, lets try preventing mentally ill people from being able to buy a gun, lets try preventing drugged up people from buying guns instead."

How come Democrats never focus on the people themselves, just the guns?

It seems all they care about are to ban/restrict guns, ignore the sick people who misuse them.

Remember this?

"Society is only as safe those who are allowed to defend themselves"

Last edited:

How is that accomplished, what is there a criteria for identifying the problem, does it require a certain percentage of consensus?

How is that accomplished, what is there a criteria for identifying the problem, does it require a certain percentage of consensus?
Honest inquiry into whats different about todays society. Guns have been a constant.....no name mass shooters are new.

Society is only as safe those who are allowed to defend themselves, taking guns away doesn't stop the criminal behavior of people, they will use other means as a recent killing in FRANCE showed when Knives were the weapon used. The reality is that Guns are not even the most common choice for murder anyway, from The Federalist:

Knives Kill More People Each Year Than Rifles: Time For Knife Control?

November 11, 2014 By Sean Davis

Excerpt:

"According to crime statistics from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), knives are consistently used to kill people far more often than rifles are used. And the numbers aren’t even close: five times as many murders were committed with knives than were committed with rifles last year.

The FBI statistics show that knives have been used as a murder weapon far more often than rifles — even those evil “assault weapons” we hear so much about — for quite a while. In 2013, knives or other cutting instruments were used to kill 1,490 victims. In contrast, rifles were the cause of death of 285 murder victims. Shotguns were used in 308 murders. In 2009, the ratio was very similar: knives were used in five times as many murders as rifles.

=================

Most of the serious crimes occurs in the large cities, the URBAN areas where large number of people congregate, which becomes a brew for all kinds of criminal activities.

Instead of more useless gun bannings, and restrictions laws, lets try preventing mentally ill people from being able to buy a gun, lets try preventing drugged up people from buying guns instead."

How come Democrats never focus on the people themselves, just the guns?

It seems all they care about are to ban/restrict guns, ignore the sick people who misuse them.

Remember this?

"Society is only as safe those who are allowed to defend themselves"

It sounds as though your argument is to allow one group of citizens access to guns while restricting that same access from another group of citizens in urban areas.

This is not a unique argument.

Feel free to talk about guns. We'll talk about Democrats intentionally releasing thugs and madmen back into the streets, or simply ignoring them.

Forum List

Back