Help Me! I'm a Victim! Poor Me...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I am a person of color...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am a woman...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am handicapped...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am an immigrant...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am an illegal....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I come from a broken home....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was dysfunctional...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My husband left me....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was poor....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I was fired from my job....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

Well, pull up those boot straps and take care of your problem. There are more and more people looking for help instead of deciding I am NOT going to be a victim. I am not a loser!

Victimhood is more than just a state of mind. Some people truly are victims of a poor upbringing. However life isn’t fair.

I was watching a show last night where a man (twenties) got angry when someone asked about his mother. He began his excuse with "I came from a broken home..." So what? His mother must have played the victim and taught him to do the same. He is twenty three and it is about time he got over it.

GROW UP!

Once one stops claiming victimhood and starts actually helping themselves, it’s amazing how life and the attitude toward it can change along with accomplishments..

Victimhood is more than just a state of mind. Some people truly are victims of a poor in bringing. However life isn’t fair.
I AGREE...I didn't have a great family life and never talked about it until it manifested itself in panic attacks. When I learned what those were and the possible causes, I was determined to not let that get in my way of making my life a good one. And I did.

It may be someone's fault you are the way you are, but it's 1. your fault if you stay that way.

2. if don't stand up and do something about it.

Last edited:

Well, pull up those boot straps and take care of your problem. There are more and more people looking for help instead of deciding I am NOT going to be a victim. I am not a loser!

I was impeached...Help Me! I am a victim! Poor Me!

d2c5f3451d5c46396600ff0ce137791f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once one stops claiming victimhood and starts actually helping themselves, it’s amazing how life and the attitude toward it can change along with accomplishments..

well it doesn’t help to feel sorry for yourself in life.

He’s not lying. It wasn’t fair, but it hasn’t stopped him, claiming victimhood. As Rocko stated life isn’t always fair. It’s how you respond to it that matters.

Victimhood is more than just a state of mind. Some people truly are victims of a poor upbringing. However life isn’t fair.
They may be, but attitude changes everything.

I know a girl who developed borderline personality disorder because one parent smothered her and another ignored her during her childhood. No matter how hard she tries it’s an uphill battle for her. That’s just the reality of her life. There are plenty of people like her suffering out there. Not everyone can overcome their circumstances. I’m not saying giving up is ever the answer

W

Mr. President, it will make you stronger! ;)

I know a girl who developed borderline personality disorder because one parent smothered her and another ignored her during her childhood. No matter how hard she tries it’s an uphill battle for her. That’s just the reality of her life. There are plenty of people like her suffering out there. Not everyone can overcome their circumstances. I’m not saying giving up is ever the answer
Sad she can’t recognize it for what it is, and let it shape her to become better than the totality of her upbringing.

W

Mr. President, it will make you stronger! ;)
It has, and he sees that.

A good therapist can help her open those doors to a life rich with new experiences to replace the memories.

Sad she can’t recognize it for what it is, and let it shape her to become better than the totality of her upbringing.

she’ll be alright one minute, and the next minute she’ll feel an emptiness that is debilitating. She’s been through the gamete as far as taking pychiatric drugs and psychotherapy. She has no control over her feelings. How do you help someone like that? I’ve been asking myself that for 4 years.

Forum List

Back