Have I Ever Mentioned I Hate Phil Collins?

Oh! I love that drum roll in In the Air Tonight. I wait for it. I love it. As a matter of fact, I love percussion and have a fantasy about sitting behind a fill kit and doing whatever I wanted. It would be so cool if Phil were sitting next to me.

I once was at a house party when the band took a break and allowed the guests to play with their instruments. I got the big conga. A band member came over to listen to me. He said that I did not need his help. I will never forget. Give me a conga and I can do! You just have to know how to hit it and then there is magic.

His voice sounds like your car breaking down on the freeway.

And then there comes the bad breath.

From the tow truck driver.

Phil Collins sucks.
Well, Phil is one of THE best rock drummers all-time, IMO. I like the early work he did with Genesis after Peter Gabriel left. The first 5 or so of these albums are quite good. I don't care too much for the Genesis albums after the early 1980's, I thought they got too pop sounding and too commercial, and they strayed from their progressive rock sound. I like the first couple solo albums by Phil, they're quite good. But after these albums he got too much into the bland, commercial pop sounding music. And his solo work and the Genesis work never returned to a progressive sound. THAT was disappointing.
No Jacket Required is classic--after that he was outta gas..musically. IMO.

I'm a Peter Gabriel fan----he got popular...but he never sold out.

What an infantile, narcissistic twit does one have to be to find a look-at-me, "Did I mention?", "Isn't my idiosyncratic hate beautiful and fascinating?" thread worthy of public debate?

The drums are magic. They are uniquely spiritual. Check out the Christian Missa Luba, as sung across the world.

From the tow truck driver.

Phil Collins sucks.
Well, Phil is one of THE best rock drummers all-time, IMO. I like the early work he did with Genesis after Peter Gabriel left. The first 5 or so of these albums are quite good. I don't care too much for the Genesis albums after the early 1980's, I thought they got too pop sounding and too commercial, and they strayed from their progressive rock sound. I like the first couple solo albums by Phil, they're quite good. But after these albums he got too much into the bland, commercial pop sounding music. And his solo work and the Genesis work never returned to a progressive sound. THAT was disappointing.

BIG fan of Phil and Genesis!!!!!

I have a friend who worked back stage at Collins last Perth concert, said he was grumpy, could barely move around the stage, the audience largely sat on their hands as he did not interact with them, got horrible reviews next morning.

And Perth is an easy crowd due to the isolation.

It is time for grinding Phil to go to the nursing home and sing:

"I can feel death coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this applesauce for all my life, oh Lord"

Last edited:

That song just made me want to have an Aztec priest rip the heart out of my chest and dedicate it to the Sun.

Worse song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I include all Bay City Rollers songs in comparison.

Don't say that! Aztec priests get very easily angry!! :terror: :shock:
maxresdefault.jpg

Phil Collins sucks.
he was one of the most successful
[QUOTECollins became "one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond"][/QUOTE]
his included writing songs for Disney’s Tarzan (1999) for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Song for “You'll Be in My Heart”.
etc etc
you constantly show your immaturity
I guess you like the foul mouthed/dumbass ''ass crap''/etc like this jackass
1590190993210.png

Phil Collins sucks.
he was one of the most successful
[QUOTECollins became "one of the most successful pop and adult contemporary singers of the '80s and beyond"]
his included writing songs for Disney’s Tarzan (1999) for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Song for “You'll Be in My Heart”.
etc etc
you constantly show your immaturity
I guess you like the foul mouthed/dumbass ''ass crap''/etc like this jackass
View attachment 339657
[/QUOTE]

South Korean boy band BTS is successful too, the opinions of the great unwashed concerning art do not move me much.

Price was creative early on, a far better singer than Collins and more innovative, but he stagnated into the same tired sound.

Not more than the Rolling Stones however, who have not had a new musical idea in 30 years, they are nostalgia.

Still both are better than a Phil Collins who it is clear was not great musically to start with and cannot perform live at all anymore.

It is applesauce time for grinding gear box voice Phil.

Phil Collins voice is so bad when he sings whales intentionally beach themselves and parrots fall dead from the trees.

Every Phil Collins song sounds like high school football players having gay orgies in the showers.

Forum List

Back