Zone1 Has God turned the USA (and other countries) over to a reprobate mind?

Maybe a little to hospitable. They would follow strangers who came into their city so they could gang rape them.
We see this in Genesis, but Ezekiel goes much further in depth.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me...

It is my understanding that the Hebrew word we translate as 'detestable' does include or emphasize moral wrongs, of course among which sexual sin. What strikes me is the thought of what came first, or the order in which the sins occurred. First came arrogance which led to being overfed, which led to such unconcern they did not help the poor and needy. They became so proud and haughty they did what is detestable in the eyes of God.

We see this in Genesis, but Ezekiel goes much further in depth.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me...

It is my understanding that the Hebrew word we translate as 'detestable' does include or emphasize moral wrongs, of course among which sexual sin. What strikes me is the thought of what came first, or the order in which the sins occurred. First came arrogance which led to being overfed, which led to such unconcern they did not help the poor and needy. They became so proud and haughty they did what is detestable in the eyes of God.
My only point is that the Bible provides us a window into what they were like. Angels came to visit Lot and entered the city. Then they followed the Angels to Lot's house and demanded Lot have them come out of the house so they could forcibly rape them

Nice folks.

My only point is that the Bible provides us a window into what they were like. Angels came to visit Lot and entered the city. Then they followed the Angels to Lot's house and demanded Lot have them come out of the house so they could forcibly rape them

Nice folks.
I guess some things never change

Today we have drag shows where children are sexualized... which is even worse than what happened back then (but children were molested back then also, I am sure)

what the hell? I can't believe a Catholic would say that. But then again, you have been novus-ordo-ized so that explains it.

The novus ordo is not the true Catholic Church. Anyone who has studied the matter would come to thesame conclusion

Truth is irrefutable.

God is not going to destroy an entire city because "lack of hospitality." That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. He destroyed cities because of egregious immorality.

If lack of hospitality were an egregious sin, punishable by death .... we'd only have about 100,000 people on the planet

Hospitality toward travelers was the rule among tribal cultures. Look at what God ordered for the Medianites and Amorites for their lack of hospitality towards the Israelites. You're just preoccupied with homosexual sex.

Has God turned the US over to a reprobate mind? Is he punishing us for our immorality… our arrogance in thinking that we Americans are great and powerful due to our vast wealth and influence in the world (and therefore are entitled)?

Well… if you have to ask…

I say that yes, God is punishing us, and the punishment is going to get worse if we do not turn from our sins. God allows sin and its subsequent bitter detritus because WE allow it. It is actually sin that punishes, and God allows that to be so, not because He is—as we humans often feel or think—tyrannical or sadistic. No, He does this for our own good, to show us TRUTH and reality, to show us the pathway to Heaven. Jesus tells us that FEW make it there. Society would have you believe that everyone or virtually everyone gets there eventually. That is a huge LIE.

The reality is that we have all but forgotten God entirely, even as we continue attending Church services on Sunday, which practice many have dropped altogether.

I say God is fed up with all the fornication, adultery, homosexual acts, child molestations and child murder (abortion).

So yes, I say He has given us over to a reprobate mind, given us over to our own sinfulness. This is why we have elections in which such creeps as Warnock and Fetterman "win." I say they did not win legitimately, but I can't say I have proof of wrong-doing... just a lot of evidence that some states were corrupt in the 2020 presidential election and apparently remain so.

In any case, once again: God allows this kind of thing because we stupid (morally stupid) human beings allow it.

The Catholic Church used to teach that we can and should offer up our sufferings for reparation purposes: we offer up our sufferings in atonenment for our sins against a perfectly holy God. Cold weather? Offer it up for your sin of loving yourself too much (Who isn't guilty of that?). Bad neighbor? Offer it up for your own lack of charity toward (whomever), and I could go on and on.

So God, running the WHOLE UNIVERSE, is literally putting presidents in place to punish people????

So God, running the WHOLE UNIVERSE, is literally putting presidents in place to punish people????
who can fully understand God?

But if the Old Testament is any indication of "how He feels"... as it were... Some folks are in HUGE trouble.

who can fully understand God?

But if the Old Testament is any indication of "how He feels"... as it were... Some folks are in HUGE trouble.

But the Old Testament was written by humans, not by God, or gods, or anything else.
So, these people will live, they'll die and that's that.

But the Old Testament was written by humans, not by God, or gods, or anything else.
So, these people will live, they'll die and that's that.
who says? You? Then there are some folks like yours truly who say the Bible was written by God using man's hands.

whom to believe? Well, I guess you could say they don't call it faith for nothing. But faith and reason are not mutually exclusive. Just because we can never understand everything about God doesn't mean we can't understand some things. And God reveals what is necessary for us to know. Some people can't even seem to get that right. But they have to if they want to escape Hell.

Hospitality toward travelers was the rule among tribal cultures. Look at what God ordered for the Medianites and Amorites for their lack of hospitality towards the Israelites. You're just preoccupied with homosexual sex.
Tell that to God. He is the one who wrote the account of Sodom and Gomorrah (using human hands)

That story is clearly about homosexual sex. Then, if that is not enough to convince people that homosexuality is indeed an abomination, as it is called in other places in the Old T

there is the NEW Testament... Romans Chapter 1

Tell that to God. He is the one who wrote the account of Sodom and Gomorrah (using human hands)

That story is clearly about homosexual sex. Then, if that is not enough to convince people that homosexuality is indeed an abomination, as it is called in other places in the Old T

there is the NEW Testament... Romans Chapter 1

The story is fiction. It's a morality tale. There were no cities of the plain in Abraham's time.

The word God comes from the name of a Babylonian idol for good luck.
Jesus is the Greek pronounciation of unfaithfu, seducing pig.
There was no letter 'J' until about 500 years ago.
So Geesus is the correct pronounciation to slander Christ.

who says? You? Then there are some folks like yours truly who say the Bible was written by God using man's hands.

whom to believe? Well, I guess you could say they don't call it faith for nothing. But faith and reason are not mutually exclusive. Just because we can never understand everything about God doesn't mean we can't understand some things. And God reveals what is necessary for us to know. Some people can't even seem to get that right. But they have to if they want to escape Hell.

Of course there are. And what evidence do they have? NONE.

The problem here is "believing". I don't "believe" things because "believing" is accepting without knowing.
I can look at the Bible and see what people say about it and see that it's very human.

Take this, as an example.

Genesis 1:27

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
Let's figure this out. God, supposedly, created humans in his own image. Now, before space travel, people thought God was some dude up in space. Let's think about that first. If he was up in space, he'd look more like something from the sea. Why does he need arms and legs in space? Why does he need a nose? What's he smelling up in space?
And if he created humans in his own image, why did it take humans so long to evolve into humans, we've had billions of years of evolution waiting to change into what God looks like????
Oh yeah, you ignore evolution because it doesn't fit with your book. I mean, come on.
And then we got into space and realized "he isn't there", so now where is God? Wherever he is, he doesn't need to look like a human.

Of course there are. And what evidence do they have? NONE.

The problem here is "believing". I don't "believe" things because "believing" is accepting without knowing.
I can look at the Bible and see what people say about it and see that it's very human.

Take this, as an example.

Genesis 1:27

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
Let's figure this out. God, supposedly, created humans in his own image. Now, before space travel, people thought God was some dude up in space. Let's think about that first. If he was up in space, he'd look more like something from the sea. Why does he need arms and legs in space? Why does he need a nose? What's he smelling up in space?
And if he created humans in his own image, why did it take humans so long to evolve into humans, we've had billions of years of evolution waiting to change into what God looks like????
Oh yeah, you ignore evolution because it doesn't fit with your book. I mean, come on.
And then we got into space and realized "he isn't there", so now where is God? Wherever he is, he doesn't need to look like a human.
The Catholic Church has always taught that Faith cannot exist without Reason

so you know.. tell this kind of thing to protesters. I'm not in that group

Forum List

Back